Account Deactivation

blitz

Instead of just leaving the forums randomly, why don't deactivate your account? Then it would be shown somewhere in your avatar and title or something. I know you're probably thinking "Well if you want to leave the forums just don't log on again."

Well yeah but account deactivation could come in useful in certain occasions. What do you guys think?

Also, has any suggestion ever been done, actually?

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

Just curious but do you have any ideas on what kind of occasion something like this would come in handy? I'm having a hard time of thinking of why this would be more useful than just staying logged out.

Just curious but do you have any ideas on what kind of occasion something like this would come in handy? I'm having a hard time of thinking of why this would be more useful than just staying logged out.

People like to disappear for a while during exams or certain important events and being addicted to GTAF doesn't help. I have seen quite a few people requesting temp bans during that period so they won't be tempted to log in here. But that number is not so high that an account deactivation feature needs to be introduced. One needs to learn better self-control; that's all.

Ah yes, that possibility completely slipped my mind. facedesk.gif

I'd imagine this option would have to work on some type of timer the poster sets then? So they don't just come back and reactivate it sooner than they intended to. Unless the idea of having their account deactivated is enough for them to stay away until they're ready.

I'm still indifferent to this idea, I don't mind either way as it would have no affect on me, but can be very useful to some people. It was nice to see a good reason for having it though. I guess another good reason is it would put an end to players asking to be temp banned over and over too.

I would think a feature similar for people who are leaving the forums and dont intend on returning, so then at least people would not wonder if they are still active or inactive.

Narcis_speed6
so then at least people would not wonder if they are still active or inactive.

You don't need to wonder, visiting a profile will tell you if the member was active or not, and if you want to leave,

why do you care about your account anymore?