Transformers 3

Andrewbot

user posted image

"When a mysterious event from Earth’s past erupts into the present day it threatens to bring a war to Earth so big that the Transformers alone will not be able to save us. The movie stars Shia LaBeouf, John Turturro, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Patrick Dempsey, Kevin Dunn, with John Malkovich and Frances McDormand."

Transformers: Dark of the Moon is coming out July 1 of this year. The first non-teaser trailer came out a few hours ago, I know it is going to be a cluster-f*ck but it looks like it'll be a lot of over-the-top fun.

Official Trailer:

What's with the title? It seems really clumsy.

vbSWr1A.gif

They couldn't use The Dark Side of the Moon, because of Pink Floyd.

Bad title or Good title, either way I'm going to see this movie.

DVf9mQs.png

Formerly known as The General

Bad title or Good title, either way I'm going to see this movie.

Seriously?

It costs 100's of millions to produce a film and get it to cinema and they couldnt strike a deal with Pink Floyd? Also how the f*ck can someone copyright the phrase 'Dark side of the Moon' Do NASA have a box they have to pay into each time they say it?

@Topic - Im sure it will be as fun as the previous ones, ill miss Megan Fox though!!

x3FWE.png

Seriously?

It costs 100's of millions to produce a film and get it to cinema and they couldnt strike a deal with Pink Floyd? Also how the f*ck can someone copyright the phrase 'Dark side of the Moon' Do NASA have a box they have to pay into each time they say it?

I have no idea why they did not do that, especially when the the Dark of the Moon, really sucks as a title. Maybe they didn't what people to think Pink Floyd would be in it or some other retarded reasoning. People are idiots, end of story.

DVf9mQs.png

The phrase itself is so deeply ingrained into the public consciousness that it just seems silly. It causes our brain to fill in the blank. I'm not sh*tting on the movie or anything, I'm just baffled by the name of it. Dark what of the Moon? Darkness of the Moon, sure. Dark Moon, fine. But there's a noun missing from that title.

vbSWr1A.gif

I don't think a missing noun is going to have an adverse effect on the film, makeshyft. wink.gif

Anyways, I agree with Waddy. I'm surely going to miss Megan Fox. I'm not excited about Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, at all. She seems too plastic-faced.

I think we'll discover that the Dark refers to the bad guys. Or whatever. Who cares? As long as sh*t blows up and robots talk with robot voices, I'll be happy.

Vanilla Shake

user posted image

I'll see it. My father f*cking loves these movies. They're okay in my opinion. What I look forward to most is lack of Megan Fox. I can't stand her acting and I honestly don't see the big fuss over her.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

f*cking hell it's like comparing two barbie dolls.

Now we know what you were into when you were young. tounge.gif

But seriously, Megan's fuller look is waaaay better than the anorexic looking Rosie.

She looks like a spin-off ghetto version of Jessica Alba. The film looks all right, plenty of explosions and sh*t, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to sit through it with that atrocity as a leading character.

kzgN7qp.png

I'm definitely getting old. I saw the trailer at my girlfriend's and said "holy crap, there's a third one?"

It's just like what I said about Fast Five - it's just over the top, balls out fun. I'm not a huge fan but I'll watch it if it's on. The title is clumsy, yeah, but damn, so are some of the fights.

The new trailer is sweet. Wasn't really excited about this until now. I certainly don't mind the Megan Fox replacement, I just hope they get rid of the horrible characters that were thrown into Transformers 2 for comedic relief, most notably the ghetto robot twins and that annoying roommate.

To be honest Revenge of the Fallen was a bit of a disappointment, especially when I had no expectations about the first film and it turned out to be really good. I thought the second would surprise me as well. Oh well, I got my hopes up for the last? film.

user posted image

Hopefully there are no obnoxious twin robots. Actually, I hope they are in it, and they get killed off within the first 5 minutes. While RotF improved the fight cinematography immensely, it left a lot to be desired in most other areas.

I hope Soundwave plays a bigger role.

9QRzUfn.gif?1

• 1 month later...

So any one going to see this, besides me?

DVf9mQs.png

I did. hated it. 2 and a half hours of garbage.

I wasn't expecting a Oscar winning script or plot but I didn't even enjoy the action. There was nothing that really stood out in the movie. It was Michael Bays mind scrawled onto a screen.

I wasn't expecting a Oscar winning script or plot but I didn't even enjoy the action. There was nothing that really stood out in the movie. It was Michael Bays mind scrawled onto a screen.

Duuuude, I'm going to watch this today. At least, give me something positive so I can go in with my chin up even though I might come out disappointed.

Duuuude, I'm going to watch this today. At least, give me something positive so I can go in with my chin up even though I might come out disappointed.

The CG is pretty amazing. I like the new girl better than Megan Fox. Maybe I was expecting something super amazing out of the action and didn't get it. Some of it is really cool I just can't think of anything special.

Are the 3D effects any good? I have watched so many 3D films recently and not one of them actually needed the 3D. Most directors are just trying to cash in on the recent 3D frenzy and quite frankly, it's starting to annoy me.

Ronmar The Only

I thought it was pretty good. Been telling my friends that it is the best Terminator (yes, I mean Terminator and not Transformer, though it's that as well) movie in years.

Also, I saw it in 3D. I just don't care for 3D, but it wasn't bad in it.

Probably will give this a watch sometime. Hated the 2nd one because of it's pure cheesiness.

What I'm interested in seeing is Shia Labouf's character. Read a review about the film and the reviewer stated that Michael Bay has upgraded him from a goofy kid to a player.

Read a review about the film and the reviewer stated that Michael Bay has upgraded him from a goofy kid to a player.

Indeed. He seems to have gotten smarter in this movie.

Just came back from watching this. Didn't get the tickets for the 3D show, so watched it in 2D. It's an alright film. Awesome CGI, though. There's only one twist halfway through the movie, otherwise it's pretty much predictable until the end. You gotta love the CGI, though. Worth a watch, I'd say.

Twist? Can I take a guess?

That Paul Dempsey character is actually a villain! Right? I have a bad feeling about him.

Watched it a few hours ago. The whole destruction of NY thing is getting old, but overall it was worth my money. The CGI effects are insane.

jqmqKlq.gif

Watched it a few hours ago. The whole destruction of NY thing is getting old, but overall it was worth my money. The CGI effects are insane.

They destroyed Chicago.

tounge.gif