The Wanted Level System

grope_4_that_date

Owedem Wingy

I heard that they mention your crime and location on the radio and when you get a higher star rank they say more information.

Also i heard that the police also have dogs that will chase and 'tackle you down' as such.

Great ideas though! icon14.gif

Dont know if mentioned:

I want a hiding system. Like when you are out of sight of the police, you can hide in trash containers and stuff. in the time you are hided. the police is searching the location but after some time the search radius goes away from you and isnt static to you or the last location u have been seen.

also there should be effects for masks. like when you rob a bank with a mask and you take off the mask or change cloths while out of sight of the police, u will loose a star or they wont recognize u probably

I wonder how the bandana/ski mask could affect the wanted system. Perhaps if you commit a 3 star crime with either equipped, evade the cops' line of sight (grey stars) and remove the mask, it will be like when you visit the pay and spray in GTAIV; your wanted level is suspended for about 5 minutes real time, the cops are not looking for you but if you commit ANY crime your original 3 star wanted level is resumed.

• 4 weeks later...
grope_4_that_date

user posted image

The new screens make me REALLY excited about the possibilties of a perfected wanted level system. I'm not sure if this was a cutscene, either way, if it's a cutscene then it has to happen in the game right?

Cops are being shown ARRESTING people and CHASING people. Holy sh*t. GTAV might finally be the cops and robbers game I've always dreamed about. inlove.gif

Imagine hiding from the police like you'd hide in the game Manhunt, a game I'm sure we've all played as kids. What's the best part of that game? Hiding and watching your friend run right past you. lol.gif

Imagine running from the cops and jumping into a dumpster. Then the cops initiate a 5 minute "search" for you, eventually being sniffed out by dogs or just realizing they're no way you can get out because you're surrounded. Finally, cops won't just randomly find you on the radar! It will feel real.

In my opinion, the police pursuit would be even more interesting if GTA V has a "notoriety" system, where the police would likely recognize you in the next pursuit, only when they saw your full appearance long enough during the initial pursuit. Then, if you want to prevent the cops from recognizing you, you'll have to wear a hockey mask or something, like shown in the trailer on the bank heist scene. To decrease the chance of getting recognized, you will have to change your clothes. Losing your wanted level is possible, however if they fully recognize your face, then changing clothes would be less effective and you would have to bribe the police to remove your "notoriety" rating. And even when you lose them, they will still be alerted and your previous pursuit will be resumed the next time they see you. Furthermore, the more wanted stars you've had during the pursuit, but only after being fully recognized, then the more money you have to pay. If you get arrested or die during the pursuit, your notoriety rating will be completely removed.

These things are very identical to Assassin's Creed's wanted system. Also, in case you have not noticed, there is already a script mod for GTA IV that adds 'Arrest Warrant' feature to the game as well as notoriety rating, and in overall, improved police AI to a great new level, adding the ability for them to detect, investigate and interrogate you for your suspicious behavior.

grope_4_that_date

They make the police encounters sound better, too. In this new game, we can still try to escape the circular zone that flashes on the mini-map when cops come after our malcontent protagonist(s). But, this time, we'll be able to try to hide inside that alarm radius, if we'd like. The cops will use a line-of-sight system, so they won't just magically know where you are. If they have a helicopter in the sky, they'll be able to see plenty. And you'll see them use hand signals to communicate what they're doing.

- Kotaku

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This... this is amazing! I don't think anyone realizes yet, but this is going to make GTAV extremely replayable. This.. I... words cannot express how I feel right now. This is an amazing moment for me. First steath confirmed, now this. I am so happy. biggrin.gif

i wish cops could set up crime scenes for serious crimes, and also evacuation zones if there was an explosion attack or something. that would be very awesome.

Mr.Moffat
I think the police should use riot shields,maybe even snipers.

there are snipers in IV already, get five stars and up and drive around chinatown/the exchange, and they spawn ontop pf buildings and they are fairly lethal.

rampage08

Im really happy with what they did to the wanted level system, no more cops who can see through walls , its getting more realistic biggrin.gif

No more six stars, bummer. I doubt they removed the military but I hope tanks attack you.

I'm interested in how the line of sight works when you turn corners or go on roofs.

I think the military will still be in, hence the base. They probably just made it five stars as something towards the fact its GTA V

Getzmunney
Im really happy with what they did to the wanted level system, no more cops who can see through walls , its getting more realistic biggrin.gif

I wont believe until i see it

TheExcapeArtist

i wish that rockstar adds teasers, pepper spray, spike strips to road blocks, flash-bangs, tear gas to SWAT raids, and more law enforcement type vehicles like police suvs, bikes, motorcycles, more realistic police sirens and light patterns

Edited by TheExcapeArtist

V8 Engine

You truly eorked hard on this topic and I must ask how long it took? Great job!

there are snipers in IV already, get five stars and up and drive around chinatown/the exchange, and they spawn ontop pf buildings and they are fairly lethal.

I told you!!!GTA V looks better

on PS3

GOTY awards list:: http://gotypicks.blogspot.se/

TheJasonGallant

It's a nice topic, but I think those ideas are getting pushed too far.

• 3 months later...
i wish that rockstar adds teasers, pepper spray, spike strips to road blocks, flash-bangs, tear gas to SWAT raids, and more law enforcement type vehicles like police suvs, bikes, motorcycles, more realistic police sirens and light patterns

aren't all of these confirmed except the tear gas?

AlexisRonaldo
i wish that rockstar adds teasers, pepper spray, spike strips to road blocks, flash-bangs, tear gas to SWAT raids, and more law enforcement type vehicles like police suvs,  bikes, motorcycles, more realistic police sirens and light patterns

aren't all of these confirmed except the tear gas?

Couple months late to the party, buddy.

I'd address the lions share of your 'ideas' except for the fact that I had to stop reading because the few I did read, have already been addressed by R* themselves.

The new star system DID indicate whether or not cops were CHASING you or LOOKING for you. Couldn't read it or figure that out? Not my problem.

Cops DID fire on you when fired upon for 1 and 2 star ratings, as a matter of fact I'm pretty sure that firing on a cop with a 1 star AUTOMATICALLY gave you another star. Hitting a cop with a bullet was an automatic 3 star.

Pretty sure they blew your tires out almost immediately if given reason too.

And if you didn't feel like the cops were ever really after you, or that you didn't have anything to lose well...again thats on YOU not R*. Did you ever get a 4+ star wanted level outside of the story missions? Did you ever try evading a 4+ star wanted level on foot, outside of 3 Leaf Clover? For that matter did you even play the game at all?

Edit- I have no problems with people coming up with fresh new ideas for the police system. It's annoying though, when people ask for sh*t thats in the game that came out 3 years ago.

Nice post! icon14.gif

I've never got away from anything above 4, 5 ONCE i always end up having a gun battle with 15+ cops and always die. The thing about gta, even when i die i go do it again, so fun!!

You can also find some on some rooftops near the Algonquin side of the bridge that connects to Alderney.