3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

HippieCommunist

[IV|rel] MOD PACK!

Gameman246

Hey Hippie, just throwing a few requests out there. 1. Crawl Mod tounge.gif. I can see from your already made mod that it can be done. Not really something I care about, but could be kinda okay. 2. Pedestrian Scenarios: The criminal acts mod is awesome, but maybe there could be more variety, like people arguing on the street and fighting each other, back alley drug dealers you can kill for money, People getting in accidents, basically everyday human stuff.

I got nothing else at the moment. Just making some suggestions, feel free to make them at your own leisure, or not at all wink.gif

HippieCommunist

whoa! a whole weekend away, and this post is 1st inlove.gif

@lolleroz - locking the car is sort of useless as the jacker can just break the window and get in (in real life). the alarm thing is an interesting idea, might look into that. what i can advise is to lower the chance of a criminal act if it bugs u smile.gif

@Gameman246 - i am using the Gestures mod (calling it freerunning mod is insulting as it was stolen from me by some idiot) and you can too! glad you like my mod, nice ideas ill consider realizing them catspider.gif

@hardsty1e - thanks alot for helping ppl out while i was away and all ur support man! icon14.gif

@m1ke - every mod is releasing spree! blush.gif as i keep finding new things to fix or add, stay updated and keep enjoying and exploring the mods.

thanks for the kind words every1! biggrin.gif

HippieCommunist

small update:

-fixed small bugs

-added the animation of holding a drink (untill the player holds it no more)

-better eating animation

have fun!

Gameman246

Yes, I'm aware of the gestures mod, and I love it tounge.gif I used to use it, but then the updates by rockstar started. Apparently, 1.0.7 is backwards compatible with all 1.0.3 mods! That makes me pretty happy. Another suggestion that you can take on board or not (I say that a lot tounge.gif), would be adding a diving dodge mod. Now, I don't expect you to randomly create animations, but I've seen an animation used by Niko in an in-game cutscene where Niko dives away from an exploding truck. If it's too small to bother with, then don't bother, seeing as the gestures mod is awesome enough with the rolling and sliding biggrin.gif

manu90mala

amazing mod pack...it brought me back to IV after months! can i suggest a little something that was in the game time ago? a hunger/thirst meter, that would add a little bit of realism and challenge and would fit well with your basicneeds script wink.gif

lolleroz

The newest basicneeds are bugged as f*ck for me, in the older version I just holded down B and Niko was drinking continously (with little pauses)

Now the holding-cup animation doesn't stops after I throw the cup somewhere, and I can drink only once. After that I need to throw the cup somewhere, pick it up again, and drink again.

HippieCommunist

thats weird... ill look into that bored.gif

i keep drinking while the B is pressed as u mentioned in older version

@manu90mala - ill look into that aswell wink.gif always thought of remaking that realism bit

Edited by HippieCommunist

darkfailure

@HippieCommunist

First of all, thanks for your Mod Pack!

I have already commented on this thread because I am experiencing some difficulties with some of the mods. I just copy/paste what I wrote earlier:

"Thanks a lot! However, I already managed to change the key from the Free Running Mod to another one. Sadly, I do not arrest a ped when holding down the 'G' key (I haven't changed anything in the script file).

And I can not drag dead bodies, too. I can only throw them.

I don't know if I am acting stupid or something, but I really don't get it to work they way it should. "

Any ideas?

HippieCommunist

do you aim at the ped you want to arrest when u press G?

*also - you need to duck and aim at the ped you wish to drag (must touch the ped first) then keep walking backwards to pull his/her body towards the player devil.gif

need to make a video sumday to explain how every mod worx

i also just copy/paste what I wrote earlier:

calling it freerunning mod is insulting as it was stolen from me by some idiot,

its called Gestures mod sly.gif

gorgonut

Fantastic mods mate! I got "stoned" the other day in TLAD and it was really fun! Very clever!

I don't know if this is already in the mod (or if it is moddable in the file) but it would be nice if the peds who rob you or stealing your car would be more in low class areas (like dukes or bohan) and less in high class areas (like middle park east or westdyke, leftwood etc).

One other thing that I ve noticed is that when you find a weapon in the trunk of a car and the driver gets out shooting at you, if you loose sight of him for a couple of seconds (turn your back, run away) the driver usually disappears (once when he was exchanging shootings with police after I lost sight of him and then turned to face the scene again, his gun was gone and he was ducking covering his head like an ordinary pedestrian while the cops were shooting at him). Is it a flaw of the mod or of my systems memory?

Overall the community is excited of your new work! Take care mate! colgate.gif

darkfailure

do you aim at the ped you want to arrest when u press G?

*also - you need to duck and aim at the ped you wish to drag (must touch the ped first) then keep walking backwards to pull his/her body towards the player 

Thanks for the fast response!

I aim at the ped and press G. I have tried it with a lot of different weapons, with no luck. The ped just raises his hands and runs away.

The dragging doesn't work, either. I kill someone, walk over him ("touch" him), crouch, aim low and walk backwards slowly - I simply throw him.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong confused.gif

Edit: I just tried out the Knife mod for the first time - it's not working either sad.gif

My version number is 1.0.4.0 by the way...

Edited by darkfailure

HippieCommunist

oh... perhaps it has some affect =\ coz it should work bro' icon14.gif

whats wrong with 1.0.7?

@gorgonut - a temporary solution is to find:

Wait(6000);

and add the number of m.seconds the ped has to be a 'criminal' to around 12000, during this time you wont be able to open any trunks... this keeps the script very simple and spares the performance/memory wink.gif it also gives a more random feeling coz certain peds were not made to be criminals so they will 'back down', while others.... wont. devil.gif

*btw thanks and im glad the community is glad cookie.gif

**also, if any1 wanna change anything about the scripts feel free to ask, ive sent alot of p.msgs to ppl so dont be shy, my goal is to attract ppl to modifying (the norm!) orly.gif

darkfailure

oh... perhaps it has some affect =\ coz it should work bro' 

I know smile.gif

That's why all people really like your mods tounge.gif

And I like them, too! Your ideas are pretty good, I just want to be able to use them. I have no clue where the problem is and how to solve it cryani.gif #

Btw, I have another idea: A mod that allows you to grab the ledge of a building when you are about to fall off...this has happened a lot to me. I wish I were able to grab the ledge (automatically) and pull myself back up instead of falling to death...

Just an idea, and I guess I won't be able to use it anyway...Just thought I'd share it with you wink.gif

HippieCommunist

funny but i tried making a wall climbing mod sigh.gif it needs some work still but perhaps sumday smile.gif

this is actually a good idea, ill try to make that!

not promising anything but we'll see icon14.gif

darkfailure

Sounds good. Good luck with it!

Just got the knife mod to work...reinstalled the game and all the mods. However, I still can not arrest a ped and I can only throw and not drag them.

I should be able to do this without having anything special equipped or without wearing a special uniform, right?

Edit: Tried the ticket mod...it's not working either...I have more than 1000$ and the police keeps arresting me.

Honestly, I like your mods, and I know that I am kind of annoying (especially since I seem to be the only person with these problem), but you are actually the only person that can help me out here, I guess.

Edited by darkfailure

HippieCommunist

so weird.... but wait dude, u say you only throw them, that makes me think you are holding some button (to throw) to drag bodies you DONT HOLD ANY BUTTON! i hope thats clear sigh.gif

darkfailure

Nothing happens when I do not press a button. If I tap B, I throw the ped. If I do not press it, nothing happens (and YES, I am aiming low and I am crouching).

What about the arresting; do I need to press G while aiming or before it, hold it or tap it? I tried everything and nothing works.

icelaglace

Hello HippieCommunist!

First , i would thank you and greet you for your great work on scripts. I'm using your scripts since you started to do some ;D

Anyway i'm actually replying because i've tried everything to make the Ticket Script to work...

My GTA4 version is 1.0.4.0 and even if I use a trainer to give me just one star wanted ( I got $400000 ) The cop just comes to me and arrests me.. as usual.

I've tried to restart my game , remove all my scripthook scripts and just leave Ticket , but it does the same.

The Ticket mod is loaded without error.

And sometimes CriminalActs does an error and crashes my game.

I would post the ScripthookNet.log but I have to play with it first because i deleted it because of crashes.

The rest of the scripts are just amazing. Works flawlessly! Great job you did here smile.gif Thank you for making my GTA4 so realistic !

AgentWD40

@darkfailure In order to arrest a ped, you must be wearing niko's lsd uniform. but i've edited hippie's arrest.cs script to work with multiplayer male models so it also works in freemode for me Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif. Also are you crouching with your gun out pointing close over the ped to drag bodies?

edit: if you can't find the lsd uniform, use HippieCommunist's contact missions mod then find a police vechicl and hold down the horn key then you should change tto the lsd uniform. hope that helps

Edited by hardsty1e

darkfailure

@darkfailure In order to arrest a ped, you must be wearing niko's lsd uniform. but i've edited hippie's arrest.cs script to work with multilayer male models so it also works in freemode for me . Also are you crouching with your gun out pointing close over the ped to drag bodies?

Thank you! Now I finally know how to use the mods. I feel kinda stupid for not knowing that you need to wear the lsd uniform to arrest people.

Thank you very much!

Would you mind telling me how to edit the arrest script to let me use it with any player model and how I can actually put a ped into the nearest car?

Edited by darkfailure

HippieCommunist

sure!

find the line:

if (GTA.Native.Function.Call("GET_CHAR_DRAWABLE_VARIATION", Player.Character, 1)==8) 

and delete it!

this will also make this mod work in EFLC wink.gif

darkfailure

Thanks a lot! Now I can finally enjoy your mods (except the ticket one tounge.gif)

Thanks for all your help!

Edit: Okay....I can imagine how ridiculous it seems for all of you, but after deleting the line, the arresting does not work anymore at all (not even with the LSD uniform) -.-

I know it's most likely my fault, but I don't know what I did wrong. Also, is the arresting restricted to the police pistol (w_glock), or can I use any other weapon with it (just in case I get it to run again smile.gif)?

Edited by darkfailure

HippieCommunist

dude! read THIS the guy said it worked (as it should, try again)

and its not restricted to no glock O_o are u sure ure using my mod?! biggrin.gif

in other news, next release (tonight) will have a nice surprise in the basic needs...

meanwhile i need alittle help, does any1 here knows how to create an object in niko's hand (for him to throw etc) i wanna make it possible to buy drugs/alcohol/coffee. any1??

ive tried "GIVE_PED_AMBIENT_OBJECT" but i dont know whats the 2nd argument, i thought it was the model of the object i need to give, but it didnt work... HELP! inlove.gif

**ok i think i found a way ^_^ the future holds many surprises!

-updated:

-fixed more bugs

-added 'pass out' to Basic Needs

-dont need to touch bodies to move them

-fixed a few bugs in instant coffee (even busy/sitting peds are 'available' for coffee ; )

-hold Action button (default E) before finishing coffee to make the ped follow you

icelaglace

Is anyone having this problem ?

Whenever I kill someone , My GTA4 crashes just after showing Error in CriminalActs?

2011-05-06 17:16:44 - Error during Tick in script 'CriminalActs.CriminalActs':                     System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.                        at Scripting.?A0xf88de8d2.SetCharRelationshipGroup(Int32 , UInt32 )                        at CriminalActs.CriminalActs.ScriptCommunicationExample2_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)                        at GTA.Script.TryTick()                        at GTA.Script.DoTick()                        at GTA.ScriptThread.OnTick()2011-05-06 17:16:45 - Error in Thread.Abort:                     System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.                        at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()                        at System.Threading.Thread.Abort()                        at GTA.NetThread.Abort()

Thank you smile.gif

darkfailure

I only asked you if it was restricted to the glock because there is LCPD mod in which you can only arrest people with the glock -.-

And "dude", I did remove the line, but it was still not working. Why else would I post it here?

HippieCommunist

looks bad... im glad my IV dont crash like that, looks nasty notify.gif

(pm me what other mods are u using, perhaps theres a conflict)

here is the next release:

-fixed bug preventing eating food

-added ability to put objects in pocket

-added ability to search for random junk in trunks

-other small bugs fixed

try it!

darkfailure

Just downloaded the newest version. Don't know if you fixed anything in the arrest script but it's working now smile.gif

HippieCommunist

great to hear biggrin.gif

im starting to suspect that older patch versions of IV might not be compatible with some scripts such as the Ticket.cs dozingoff.gif

any1?

*oh! another fun feature is to find:

if (Player.Character.Weapons.CurrentType.ToString() == "Misc_Object")                           {                               pocket = null;                               temp = null;                           }

and change it to:

if (Player.Character.Weapons.CurrentType.ToString() == "Misc_Object")                           {                               //pocket = null;                               temp = null;                           }

this will make the player pull unlimited amount of selected object from his pocket orly.gif

lolleroz

JAJAJAJA

HIPPIE ROLLIN LIEK A BOSS WITH HIS NEW SCRIPTS!1111

I gotta f*cking love this.

HippieCommunist

yeah! lol biggrin.gif an entire day for scripting! woohoo!

try it and tell me how it rolls... devil.gif