How many GTA games do you think are left?

Sam998

After GTA V, how many more do you think there will be?

(please don't turn this into a "V isn't coming out" thread as those already exist)

Banned, now stay the f*ck out

They will just keep releasing new ones as long as people still buy them. The same goes for all products, not just video games. Right now I think they are working on GTA V to be something really special.

user posted image

GTA-Addicted

I think/hope it's never ending, but then again... I am totally hooked on GTA

Finn 7 five 11

They will just keep releasing new ones as long as people still buy them. The same goes for all products, not just video games. Right now I think they are working on GTA V to be something really special.

Exactly this, GTA is still gaining in sales, and showed no signs of slowing, so i think there will be another 5+ games.

I may be a little optimistic, but its my favorite game so don't troll on me about it.

Supply and demand, GTA games will stop being created when they lose their audience, I can't see that happening any time soon wink.gif

Something to think about, is that it looks like Halo: Reach was the last halo, but if Bungie made more people would still buy them. So maybe it's not always true?

Banned, now stay the f*ck out

Something to think about, is that it looks like Halo: Reach was the last halo, but if Bungie made more people would still buy them. So maybe it's not always true?

Yeah but sales were a lot less on that latter games in the series. And GTA's sales only seem to be going up.

I reckon they will remake Vice City and San Andreas (Might just be Los Santos) and then will expand into Europe. I reckon the last game will include at least three cities e.g. Liberty City, Vice City and Los Santos and they might include London with that.

I reckon they will remake Vice City and San Andreas (Might just be Los Santos) and then will expand into Europe. I reckon the last game will include at least three cities e.g. Liberty City, Vice City and Los Santos and they might include London with that.

You make me laugh, thats ridiclous!

I reckon it will be like mario,

It will reinvent itself every now and again, who knows it may change its name or branch off into multiple games, but im guessing it aint going anywhere in the near or distant future.

How?

Halo Reach was the last Halo-game made by Bungie, now Microsoft Game Studios has taken over the franchise. They will either develop the next game themselves or hire an external developer to do it for them.

user posted image

Reach was the last halo by bungie Im almost certain there will be another sequel to Halo. As for GTA I think theres still a while to go before it dies out because if GTA V is set in VC then the chances are that GTA VI will be set somwhere in SA and VII in a new setting or possibly london, and thats just the forseable future god knows what going to happen after that colgate.gif .

Thompson.png

How?

@BarnsleyFc That aint rediculous at all.. Anthings possible with R*. The best selling game of all time if that was to eventually happen, why wouldnt they?

I hope Rockstar make GTA forever!!

UserCommenter

This topic should be locked considering the answer to his "topic making question" is quite obvious.

I reckon they will remake Vice City and San Andreas

I think they will "remake" them as a stories expansion, for NGP.

and my answer to the question: In a business world, the game brings in too much $$.

And I cannot see this slowing down in atleast 3 more bad games.

It'd take a few baddies to bring down a name that big.

Offtopic: Microsoft has owned Halo since they bought Bungie. Once Bungie went independent in 2007, Microsoft started working on creating an internal studio to handle the Halo Franchise (which is 343 Industries). Halo Reach was the last Halo Game (as part of their contract) Bungie made. The transition has already begun. 343i hired Certain Affinity to create the new Defiant map pack. Bungie will be continue updating the playlists for a little while longer, but Map packs and other stuff 343i will be handling.

Soon 343i will be completely in charge of Reach while Bungie is working on their new IP. 343i is indeed working on a new (Halo) Game.

/offtopic Wall of text

ON-topic: As others have said, as long as GTA is selling, more will be created. There are endless possibilities. New locations that could be explored (I would like a GTA Vancouver tounge.gif) and even new locations that could be created.

I won't go into much, but even like that stuff about being a cop and choosing the crooked or Straight path would be pretty awesome for GTA and change things up a bit.

Starting as a Drug Kingpin and staying that way throughout the whole game (without moving up or down in the "ranks") and just running your business and dealing with things would nice too.

Schismatist

Stellar franchises such as Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Metal Gear, Sonic, Call Of Duty, tons of franchises, are only still here and will be here as long as they have support. This applies to GTA as well.

Kwandilibro

This. No sense in ending the series if it's still successful, which it obviously is. When GTA comes to the point where it needs a new release every year like COD, then we know that the end is near.

Untill December 21st 2012

(I do not belive 2012)

No but still anyway if they are gonna stop they should like make an super cool ending

King Of Monra

If V ever comes out, I think it'll be the last one.

[PTM]Al_Pacino
Supply and demand, GTA games will stop being created when they lose their audience, I can't see that happening any time soon wink.gif

If they keep releasing ones like GTA IV, their audience will decrease pretty fast wink.gif

They should keep betting on the III era because those were the ones that sold more and were more enjoyable. They are trying to keep up with the other industries by implementing realistic graphics etc. But that doesn't make the game enjoyable at all.

I'm afraid we won't have any more GTA's from the III era, and that starts to dismotivate me towards the future GTA franchise.

Al_Pacino' date='Apr 30 2011, 14:59']

If they keep releasing ones like GTA IV, their audience will decrease pretty fast wink.gif

They should keep betting on the III era because those were the ones that sold more and were more enjoyable. They are trying to keep up with the other industries by implementing realistic graphics etc. But that doesn't make the game enjoyable at all.

I'm afraid we won't have any more GTA's from the III era, and that starts to dismotivate me towards the future GTA franchise.

Nope : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_(series)#Sales

The only one who is above IV is SA but SA came out in 2004 while IV came out in 2008.

I agree the only reason IV took years to develop was because of the new Engine, now that they have it, No way in hell could it take this long to release a new one without it being pretty frickin' special.