Why cant i promote my gang on this peice of ****?

paddytheguru

paddytheguru

i cant beleive i cant let peeps know about my "gang" (clan) its stupid! i mean if i was promoting a buisiness company or something then fair enough but its just a GTA TBoGT clan that is really good with 29 members that want more to join! Its amazing my PSN ID is paddytheguru anyway wink.gif

Mr White0161
We stress only on one thing for gangs to use this forum - you must operate from GTAForums. You may not simply leave an advertisement or a recruitment topic, directing people to your gang's forums, website, or any external mean of communication. Harsh? Maybe. We want gangs to grow on these boards, and mingle with other gangs and the community. We do not want to encourage isolated gangs that operate externally.

Doc Rikowski

It's a forum and it has rules. If you can't read them and if you don't want to accept them, well, goodbye.

It has nothing that relates to this forum- so it doesn't belong on this forums gang section. If you hosted it here that wouldn't apply. But you don't so I don't see why they should let you blatantly advertise your retarded clan.

Banned, now stay the f*ck out

Indeed. It's not hard to get set up your own couple front pages and have your "29" members sign up here. Unless your afraid of the other gangs around here that is.

If you bothered to actually read the rules you'd know why tounge.gif. All the gangs here are run from here, and their members come here to chat and organise events on a regular basis, and as the rule says

"We want gangs to grow on these boards, and mingle with other gangs and the community. We do not want to encourage isolated gangs that operate externally"

Things would be pretty dull around here otherwise so it's fair enough tounge.gif.

TommyMufc-Champs

Yeah this Is Forum man and It does have rules. Like Toke said, get your "29" members to sign up here.

like the others suggested paddy, set - up a topic here with your gang members, you need not neglect your own website, but just use the topic as a recruitment tool, personally i believe rules are there to be broken, but there are ways around them .

7cg1vNw.png

paddytheguru

so let me get this strait, how the hell do i make a page on this forum thing? and why are you guys being so harsh? all u guys are doing is having a go at me (apart from 1 or 2 of you) all i wanna do really is get in touch with some other Playstation clans and have some battles and stuff.oh and have all of you read ALL of the terms and stuff? JESUS THEY ARE LONG annyway how can i get in touch with any other gta playstation clans on this forum? i just wanna know

paddytheguru

alot of my gang members would be able to sign up on this but alot wouldn't anyway as i said i just wanna do some clan battles and stuff ph34r.gif

Mr White0161

If you want clan battles then I guess go to that website called Clan Battles.

By having your own "gang page" on here... They mean that you actually maintain an active presence on the forum where you discuss the game and organize your events. The rules state that gangs who just want to come in and drop a link to their own website rather than contributing the community are not allowed.

By all means, have your own website. But to stay here, you have to be atleast somewhat active on these forums, after all, there's no point being here if you're not gonna contribute and mingle with the other gangs.

Take a look at the first post in the pages that other gangs have created, and make one to fit your own gang. Then, use that thread to discuss and organize events (such as gang matches) with people from these forums. smile.gif Also, encourage your members to sign up for the site and contribute. All you need is some text, outlining what yo gang is all about, perhaps a roster and some recruitment information, along with a few pictures to make it look professional.

Give it a go and I'm sure the community will accept you biggrin.gif otherwise, if you don't want to follow the rules, then this place isn't really for you, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. tounge2.gif

Rules clearly state no outside gangs. Rules are rules. This is not an ad board for you to freely spout your spam here.

Hmm, maybe GTAF should charge for such things, if you wanna advertise an external gang, then pay up.

Maybe then GTAF could move to server that wouldn't melt down.

Doc Rikowski
so let me get this strait, how the hell do i make a page on this forum thing? and why are you guys being so harsh? all u guys are doing is having a go at me (apart from 1 or 2 of you) all i wanna do really is get in touch with some other Playstation clans and have some battles and stuff.oh and have all of you read ALL of the terms and stuff? JESUS THEY ARE LONG annyway how can i get in touch with any other gta playstation clans on this forum? i just wanna know

It's all clearly explained in here: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=377803

It's not that complicate. Certainly it's not LONG (unless a bus ticket is the longest thing you read in your life).

Anyway, it all sums up to one simple paragraph:

We stress only on one thing for gangs to use this forum - you must operate from GTAForums. You may not simply leave an advertisement or a recruitment topic, directing people to your gang's forums, website, or any external mean of communication. Harsh? Maybe. We want gangs to grow on these boards, and mingle with other gangs and the community. We do not want to encourage isolated gangs that operate externally.

This means you have to post a gang topic and run the gang from here.

Your members have to sign up here and and possibly be an active part of this community.

You will also be able to recruit members that are part of these forums.

Once you are based here you will be able to interact with the other clans in the forums and probably organize a clan battle.

A friendly attitude might help to get less harsh replies.

What kind of replies did you expect after you called this community a piece of sh*t in your topic title? A kiss and a welcome lick in the face?

Well, I'm sure you have gotten enough replies saying you have to run it from here. I can explain to you how to make a "Gang page"

1) Go to the Gangs page (the one you posted this in)

2) Make a new topic just like you made this one.

3) Write the name of your gang, rules, info, make a table with members, check the GFX Requests page and request some cool images and logos for your gang, soon someone will have made them and sent you the link.

4) Tell your "29" members to join the forums and check your gang's thread daily to make it active.

Here are some good gang examples.

The Bianco Crime Famiglia

Angels of Death

The Yardies

Also, this topic will get locked soon by an Admin so if you need any help PM the moderators or me if you want. Also try to get in touch with some other gang leaders, they may help you as well.

What kind of replies did you expect after you called this community a piece of sh*t in your topic title? A kiss and a welcome lick in the face?

Lol well said Riko lol.gif

yeah definitely try to set up a page / gang here paddy, add some graphics and background information, and invite all your buddies here... the gang section here could do with a few more active gangs...

7cg1vNw.png

paddytheguru

OK OK OK JESUS, i will make a page saying "The Lost Brotherhood Gang BATTLES NEEDED" and i will put my PSN ID and then tell everyone who owns a clan to text me on PSN and i will do it from there IS THAT LEGAL AROUND HERE? suicidal.gif

Also, don't create a page just to ask for matches, that will be pretty f*cking useless with all due respect. Run your gang from here, having a website is the stupidest thing I have ever seen for a GTA gang. Here you get interactions with MANY other gangs, you can get new members easily and enter contests like "Gang League" while taking the time to run a f*cking website no one will ever see is pointless.