Commandline question

Exxon

Hi all,

I was just wondering, what is the best commandline.txt to use?

Currently, I am using one which I put together myself, and IV runs pretty well.

But what is the best commandline to get? I don't want one with things like '-height 320', you know?

Also nothing like '-waterquality 0'.

Thanks in advance people smile.gif

Exxon

There is no such thing as a best commandline.txt. It all depends on how your system performs and whether or not it will be able to handle some of the commands you use. The only way to find out is by the trial and error method.

-ReservedApp?

It controls the amount of memory that is made available to the other applications in the background when GTA IV is running. Setting it to zero means no other application will be able to utilize any memory when IV is running.

However, it is recommended not to use this command on a 32-bit OS. Since your Vista is 32-bit, steer clear of this command.

Just a complete other question; which patch should I use?

I want to keep using my trainers and mods etc. , but I want to have best performance and quality out of my rig.

Look at my sig for my specs. Which patch should I use (currently using 1.0.4.0)?

Spider-Vice

I think you'd better stay with 1.0.4.0, I think it's the patch with the best performance due to the old shadow system. Haven't noticed any pop up with this one unlike some people say. Though with that monster card you could try the latest, all patches are compatible with the trainers wink.gif

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

This topic should be stickied as it is hard to find. http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=445554

It mainly applies to patch 1.0.6.0 and 1.0.7.0, but the ReservedApp 0 command can be made to work on 32 bit Vista so long as there is 4Gb ram and the bcdedit command is used.

I quote from Rockstar Toronto's post :

"Do not do this unless you know exactly what is going on. Do not do this if you have less than 4 Gigs of system RAM.

This does not work in XP32 and the game will crash within minutes if you try the /3GB switch.

Vista 32:

Open a command prompt and type the following:

bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072

Reboot. To disable, open a command prompt and type the following:

bcdedit /deletevalue increaseuserva

Reboot.

Win 7 32:

Same as above, but you must open the command prompt as the administrator or you will be denied access.

Again, DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THE TERMINOLOGY OR NEED MORE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS. You could put your system into a bad state. "

You could put your system into a bad state.

Uh ... thanks but, no thanks! dontgetit.gif