Gotti : Three Generations

Sanjeem

Official website ( Release date 2013 )

The story of crime boss John Gotti and his son.

The film will reveal the relationship of a father who lived and died by the mob code and a son who, while brought up to lead a life of crime, chose to leave that world behind and redeem himself and the Gotti name. Never before has there been such an inside look at the Gotti family and their world of danger, betrayal and redemption. John Gotti was head of the Gambino crime family, which in its time was the largest and most powerful crime organization in the country. Known as the "Dapper Don," John Gotti's flamboyant style and outspoken personality made him one of the most famous mobsters of the 20th century and he ruled the underworld until he died from cancer in 2002 while serving a life sentence. In 1988, at the age of 24, Gotti Jr. became a "made man," and was officially inducted into the Mafia, making him the heir-apparent to head the Gambino crime family and follow in his father's footsteps...

I personally look forward to watching this movie, since a proper Mafia movie hasn't been out since the "Goodfellas" and "Gotti" I am not hyping myself up too much, but I also hope that this movie will be a great success, as it shows an inside not only to the Mafia a few decades ago but how it is now, and although John gotti Jr decided to leave the life, he never ratted on anybody.

Any thoughts?

Travolta as Gotti? That's a strange one. I can definitely see Lohan as Gotti's daughter though (anyone see Growing Up Gotti, a reality show with her at the center? That was crazy! Like the Osbournes but all the fancy furnishings and vehicles bought with blood money and not heavy metal.)

It's funny, everytime I see Everybody Loves Raymond I think Brad Garrett, the actor who plays Ray's brother, should play Paul Castellano in something. Maybe this could be it!

user posted image

user posted image

Lose some hair, bit of grey, put on some weight a bit. I'm right, right?

But yeah, anyway, I look forward to this one. Gotti's story would make a good movie. Anyone see that HBO one, was it any good?

user posted image

I do see what you mean! tounge.gif

I always thought when I watched everybody loves Raymond that Brad Garret talks like a tough guy aswell with his extremely low voice. The thing I'm interested in is that I know quite alot of about the life of Gotti from books and documentaries and films. But John Gotti Jr I don't know so much about, and even though I've done my research seeing him portrayed in full action in a movie would be really good.

When I think Big Paul, I see Abe Vigoda hands down.

user posted image

jMNM8n3.gif

When I think Big Paul, I see Abe Vigoda hands down.

user posted image

Yeah, If you have seen "Witness to the Mob" he plays Big Paul Castellano in it. Although big Paul in real life looks like more of a Prick.

Cool, really look forward to it. I was worried it would've had something to do with Growing Up Gotti.

user posted image

Abe Vigoda is also 90. Castellano was 70 when he was gunned down (whiach actually surprised me, I thought he was younger than that).

The more I think about it, the more I can see Travolta as Gotti. That smug grin, big of class amongst all the blood and brutality. For sure.

user posted image

Abe Vigoda is also 90. Castellano was 70 when he was gunned down (whiach actually surprised me, I thought he was younger than that).

The more I think about it, the more I can see Travolta as Gotti. That smug grin, big of class amongst all the blood and brutality. For sure.

Travolta looks way to young though, He will dye his hair a more grey colour right? Then it would work well.

I think this movie looks interesting. Anything to do with the mob usually catch's peoples interest, including my own. icon14.gif

user posted image

I think this movie looks interesting. Anything to do with the mob usually catch's peoples interest, including my own. icon14.gif

Yeah, Everybody goes crazy for them for some reason, even the media when they make Arrests, I think it's a love, hate relationship.

I love mafia movies!! I'll watch for sure!

• 3 weeks later...
Don Garcia

I wish I could get excited for my favorite actor's inclusion, but he's been in some serious crap in the last decade or so.

PqF05jQ.jpg

• 5 months later...

I'm really looking forward to this. And I'm loving the cast so far. I think Travolta is a good choice for Gotti. And I hear Joe Pesci has been casted. Not sure what role yet.

John Gotti was the worse thing to ever happen to New York and the Gambino family. The fact they made a movie called Gotti and are going on with this project that is just insulting. Gotti was the worse possible gangster in history, not only did he break all the rules of O'merta but also was too full of himself and had too much of an ego to even be an effective boss. Only thing he had on his side was that he killed Paul Castellano and all the other bosses were threatened that he'd kill them too. Bad ass in theory but in turn he got ratted out by a his underboss (Sammy Gravano) and got locked up for the rest of his life. During and after John Gotti everything just went completely down hill.

If you'd like to see a movie that shows a good depiction of all this look up Witness to The Mob. Tom Sizemore plays Gotti and really fits the character way better than anyone else I can think of. Especially John Travolta.

John Gotti was the worse thing to ever happen to New York and the Gambino family. The fact they made a movie called Gotti and are going on with this project that is just insulting. Gotti was the worse possible gangster in history, not only did he break all the rules of O'merta but also was too full of himself and had too much of an ego to even be an effective boss. Only thing he had on his side was that he killed Paul Castellano and all the other bosses were threatened that he'd kill them too. Bad ass in theory but in turn he got ratted out by a his underboss (Sammy Gravano) and got locked up for the rest of his life. During and after John Gotti everything just went completely down hill.

If you'd like to see a movie that shows a good depiction of all this look up Witness to The Mob. Tom Sizemore plays Gotti and really fits the character way better than anyone else I can think of. Especially John Travolta.

You are fooling yourself if you think O'merta has been relevant to the Families since the end of the 50's.

You are fooling yourself if you think O'merta has been relevant to the Families since the end of the 50's.

I'm not trying to fool myself with that. Everyone has broken the rules, in-fact everything became a joke around the 70's and 80's. No one had any morals anymore, nobody was honest. Everyone atleast tried to pretend there was something left of the "traditional" ways but Gotti took it too far. Far as openly exposing la cosa nostra to the public, stating that there is a mafia to the world. It's not that everyone broke the rules, it's that he exposed what had been kept secret for so long. It's purely insulting...

Gotti's main problem was his ego, and the fact that he was a puppet for Sammy Gravano. By the time Gravano started doing his thing, Gotti's ego was in full swing, and the two problems converged in to something truly horrifying. Gravano had Gotti kill off big earners over lies, and he bought in to it.

The counter-argument for all his faults is that he had loyalty to the mafia over all, even if his ideals were flawed. People usually point to his life sentence, of which basically all was spent in the worst kind of solitary confinement. What if they spent some extra time over Gotti in prison?