Help someone thats new... at modding

Zandeus

Hi... I'm pretty new to modding, have done very little modding to a handful of games....

I wanted to inquire as to how to use the ENB series mod...

I understand I need to change the values after opening "enbseries.ini"

But how does what I change translate to the game... I mean, where do I put all the files that came packed in the mod i downloaded? I read the readme.txt enclosed in the mod, but it seems the creator expects people to already have a working knowledge on what to do. I'd like to get into modding more of my games... but when no one is willing to help, I find it quite impossible to know what goes where?

Normally modding requires changing some values in a .cfg file or swapping out some files to alter a texture or skin.

If anyone can give me a heads up about what to do with the files from ENBseries mod, I'd appreciate it... or if you could point me in the right direction of a somewhere where its already been explained... I've searched Youtube, but didnt find anything. Thx, and happy modding.

Hi, for ENB Series just copy the files from the .zip that you downloaded to your GTA4 installation folder.

To make it look best, I recommend trying to find some custom settings that you like in the ENB screenshots thread.

And if you got GTA4 on Steam, ENB won't work 100% because Steam automatically updates to the latest patch, which isn't fully supported by ENB. Pain-in-the-ass solution here: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=474462

Thank y ou for your reply... I actually just figured that out... but now I have another problem.... I can't save changes to the .ini file.... so I can't alter the game from the default ENB settings... I'm the admin on the comp... so i dont know what the problem could be.