3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[GTAIV|WIP] PathScripts

_Charger_

No, only vehicles. Cars, boats and helicopters. Peds seems to be in different files. We will start on new UI today. Believe me, the old scripts don't work right, even with tutorial. Mostly flags make game crash and very unstable

Okay little news. We worked on new scripts and i exported first new path. Now flags are different and some things are easier. Also scripts use now splines and export directly to .nod, no PathConverter needed anymore

Maybe we will post a little pathtest video or screens or the pathtest-map and our created path soon.

Okay little news. We worked on new scripts and i exported first new path. Now flags are different and some things are easier. Also scripts use now splines and export directly to .nod, no PathConverter needed anymore

Maybe we will post a little pathtest video or screens or the pathtest-map and our created path soon.

i hope this brings an easy way of using the old gta-sa paths and bringing them to gta IV otherwise it would be a hell of a job to redraw them all over again.

yeah well we work on it, but there are anyway big differences between SA and IV, flags need to be set for each node and each link!

UPDATE:

We have scripts allmost done, very stable for exporting, but not ingame. We don't know why GTA IV doesn't load them, normally they are right

Edited by _Charger_

• 4 weeks later...
Try putting only half or quarter of the path file!!!You can figure out the bugs this way easily

Believe me, we know how to find out, but it's a bit more difficult and we need some time, which we don't have ;D

• 3 weeks later...

There is no progress, consider this never to be released.

Wait for 3Doomer, he will crack it, eventually.

As Blaster said, this is pulled because of 2 things: it was too hard to find out the causes and second Charger quit GTA modding to "make" some new games (or so he tells me).

However we do have some tools that work "very little" , so little that it is not enough to satisfy the public release criteria.

• 2 weeks later...
As Blaster said, this is pulled because of 2 things: it was too hard to find out the causes and second Charger quit GTA modding to "make" some new games (or so he tells me).

However we do have some tools that work "very little" , so little that it is not enough to satisfy the public release criteria.

Would it be possable to atleast remove the cars driving on the plazza in the WTC mod, but still have cars driving on the roads around the plazza?

I've tried it , hbx can vouch for me and what happened is it crashed where the plaza is altho paths worked fine elsewhere.

Darn that sucks. But Im wondering. Are paths designed so that the cars can go where ever they want but they have to stay on the path line, or is it so cars go in a loop, and there is many loops so it looks normal.

I'm not sure yet how Rockstar done both ways of traffic in streets , but i know that in some lanes in Algonquin for example are many 1-way streets.

It has to do with links....

anyway , they will go in a loop they spawn on randon nodes and follow the paths.

Can we not just create our own paths using scripting ?

Have multiple layer grid type paths which work in a way that it reduces the layer each time so we end up with a small grid with how ever many nodes in it to work from.

I'm crap at explaining but I'll try explaining how it would work:

1) script gets peds location

2) script does a <> check to find out which first layer grid (1 of 4) the ped is in

3) with the script now knowing which first layer grid the ped is in it ignores other grids

4) script does a <> check to find out which second layer grid (1 of 8) the ped is in

5) with the script now knowing which second layer grid the ped is in it ignores other grids

6) repeats this type of process until we get down to a managable size, the map for SA was -3000 to 3000 so say we go down through layers, removing the grids which don't require checking until we hit an area size of say 60 (-30 to 30 for example)

7) in the bottom most layer we have this 60 size grid so now we build a list of all nodes within this area

8) run through the list and manipulate peds task (.Goto(Vector3 Pos, bool IgnorePaths)) based on closest grid distance to target etc

Something along those lines would work wouldn't it ?