4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[GTAIV|WIP] PathScripts

_Charger_

GTA IV PathScripts and Converter

This Maxscripts are not availible and won't be availble for public ever, due to the work of OpenIV and GIMS.

2012-08-05

Edited by _Charger_

Reserved post.

1. PathScripts Tutorial - Creating a path with an intersection

This tutorial explains the creation of a basic path with 1 intersection.
Edited by GTARandom

Reserved for tutorials on usage #2

Awesome work guys, looking forward to the mods that will be possible with this tool. icon14.gif

SOME INFORMATION:

Actually we work on the import to get linking work and we will research all needed flags for paths soon biggrin.gif

Edited by _Charger_

umm so what s it??? a lil description plssss.

Paths are the data that GTA games read to tell pedestrians, cars, boats etc where to go, it also controls things such as traffic lights and other associated things. This mod converts from III era games to the IV format with import,export functions.

umm so what s it??? a lil description plssss.

Paths are the data that GTA games read to tell pedestrians, cars, boats etc where to go, it also controls things such as traffic lights and other associated things. This mod converts from III era games to the IV format with import,export functions.

who said it converts form III to IV?

its for custom paths, u can amke totally new ones, thats the purpose of it.

conversion from III to IV automatically are not possible with this tool, maybe later, we don't know

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 23.04.

with the help of 3Doomer, because he gave us some tips abut maxscript, we have import nearly done. now with a working schematic view (later needed for export). now we work on fixing a bug with node-linking, then the export will follow.

UPDATE 25.04.

we improved the UI of the scripts, and get some improvements in code, but old problems and new occured -.-

we try to fix them as fast as possible

UPDATE 30.04.

we found out new things.

but we cannot get it imported right. seems like it need months to get it work

Edited by _Charger_

• 2 weeks later...

My mistake, by the name "path converter" and a conversation with GTARandom I got my wires crossed. Well that's even better! Looking forward to that download!

• 4 weeks later...

We worked on it. Now we have import done (it's not really good, but works) and we have a 'Create Path Helper Tool' as explained in first post. Next step is an exporter for selfmade paths. We work on this now and we hope to test a first version soon.

UPDATE 29.05.:

- Export added. We work on it now. In a few days we hope to finish it (the basic exporter) and test it ingame.

UPDATE 30.05.:

- Export nearly done. It's not working with imported IV path for now. But with our 'Create Path Helper Tool' it's possible to make own Pathfiles. Only one thing is needed for exporting biggrin.gif As soon as possible we will try it ingame.

Finally we got the first working version of exporter. GTARandom is testing it now. When we have less problems, we will release a Public Beta.

UPDATE 02.06.:

- We now work on an updated version of the scripts. Our Exporter has some bugs, but we expect a working version soon. We will post a video and screenshots then.

- Importer is now disabled, because it doesn't work

- We fixed a big bug on scripts which make startup of scripts fail

- We have now an installscript, and an updater working very well

UPDATE 04.06.:

- New Exporter, now we hopefully have ingame screens soon

- Before public beta, we need tests ingame

- Before public beta, we change some parts of scripts -> make it more comfortable and more error-messages, else script stop working biggrin.gif

UPDATE 11.06.:

- WIP new updater

- Exporter works better

- WIP create tool; new functions for easier use, automating some things

UPDATE 18.06.:

Tools are done now. We work on making them easier to use and more stable. For now we can't release, because something makes GTA IV not load our custom paths. We try to find the problem as soon as possible.

- New version 3.2

-- Changed Create Tool; Linklength now automatically get by Scripts

-- Position of Node can now automatically get by selected dummy

-- Fixed a important bug on Exporter

-- Minor UI changes

UPDATE 19.06.:

We have now all values more correct and everythign works together now. We hope to have good ingame results soon, then tutorials and maybe first public release will follow

UPDATE 20.06.:

- Converter: Linklength fixed

- Creator: Flags possibility to enter own flags

- Creator: Broker flag fixed

- Creator: Auto-Renaming on value changing

We get closer. Cars spawn again, and we go on with research of unknown values and more Flags/Pathtypes. After that testing will follow and a public release. We hope to get it done in summer ;D

We got first totally made by Scripts path working ingame! Now little research and fixing and we'll release it!

Edited by _Charger_

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE 21.06.:

We have all things fixed, and now path ingame looks perfect. We check everything, research bit and then we'll release it.

UPDATE 22.06.:

We have now new Importer, which works with IV Paths. That's a huge improvement!

user posted image

(nodes26)

UPDATE 01.07.:

Of course we worked on scripts. We're nearly finished with exporting, most things work. We need to fix height and the density of carspawns. After that we have the Creator finished and Export done. Import works too, but it has some bugs. Before release we will fix our Updater.

UPDATE 02.07.:

- Scriptstructure changed

- Updater fixed

Edited by _Charger_

• 2 weeks later...

it looks great and it might come in handy when converting some of my San Andreas paths over to GTA IV if it still works with splines and stuff.

Dont imitate, recreate or copy just get your own ideas. Simplicity makes difficulty easy

Just for dev's of the myriad team http://www.aadblaauw.6x.to/

The hierarchy is complex. But the Create Helper Tool can make it for you. And the one on image is older version. Actually it's easier in my mind but more dummys biggrin.gif

And aad, i don't know how SA paths works, this scripts use Dummys and splines to "link" them.

Could you maybe post a picture of imported SA path? then i can see if there could be a convert-ability for them later.

Edited by _Charger_

We work now on v5.2 developer version. We will implement video tutorials adn when this is done, first public alpha release is coming. It's nearly done, we hope to release it in this week!

The hierarchy is complex. But the Create Helper Tool can make it for you. And the one on image is older version. Actually it's easier in my mind but more dummys biggrin.gif

And aad, i don't know how SA paths works, this scripts use Dummys and splines to "link" them.

Could you maybe post a picture of imported SA path? then i can see if there could be a convert-ability for them later.

the SA- Paths works with splines and vertexes ( every vertex acts like a node) so when exporting them the paths will be created between the vertexes so if you just draw a line in 3dsmax and then select segments and vertexes those 2 will make the paths for gta-sa.

sorry for my crappy English i am a bit tired so i am not looking at all the grammar and such

Dont imitate, recreate or copy just get your own ideas. Simplicity makes difficulty easy

Just for dev's of the myriad team http://www.aadblaauw.6x.to/

Nice defnit bookmarked hope this helps with my canis canim edit map

the SA- Paths works with splines and vertexes ( every vertex acts like a node) so when exporting them the paths will be created between the vertexes so if you just draw a line in 3dsmax and then select segments and vertexes those 2 will make the paths for gta-sa.

sorry for my crappy English i am a bit tired so i am not looking at all the grammar and such

Thanks. I checked myself. Our scripts work different, mostly because the fileformat cahnged and we wanted to make them the way we need them. Our 'Creator' uses splines between dummys as you can see on the pictures. But i will try to implement a way of implementing splines more. Difficulty is, that nodes and links use different flags, so you have to write them manually.

But thanks for the improvement suggestion. biggrin.gif

EDIT: I added a way of getting the nodes by lines. And it works fine. But the links are not made automatically yet.

Edited by _Charger_

EncryptedReality

First page updated with tutorials on usage of our tools. It briefly explains the intersection creation with cars going in all directions!

Release is pretty close from what you can yourselves tell. More tutorials will be uploaded as we make changes to the tools and feed it with new info!

Version: 5.2

WARNING!! This is an alpha version for public release, it has bugs.

Edited by _Charger_

Awesome! You deserve cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

But wouldn't be easy for us to use lines instead of dummies? smile.gif Gonna test soon.

EDIT: Is download avaible for PathConverter application?

Edited by hristobg

First of all, we will improve scripts, to make them make most things for you. Second, if u install, it asks for download, when the folder browser window opens.

Can not download your script it puts me, connection to the server failed confused.gif

For all, we start today on new scripts. This are too buggy and we will delete them now, and downlaod is not availible anymore. New scripts need a bit, we hope to get them with fully flag support then!

Edited by _Charger_

ok, it's a shame when I board since they could download it threw super happy, I board a question, you see the video some time ago cars / boat / ped. is to make the paths of cars, boats and ped??