GTA SA Laggin' Problem

xD-Bananas

Someone COuld help me please? My Gta SA after played for awhile maybe 1hour or 2hours, It will Lag like sh*tz, My graphic is Nvidia Geforce 7025/630a

Chances are that your system is over-heating. Do you face this issue with other games too?

If you have any mods installed, get rid of them.

And check your system temps under load.

Just SA will like that, other games will not. Just after playing for maybe 1hour it will just like laggin', at start, it smooth. I got 4 fans for my cpu how can it be over-heating? Maybe have other issues causing it? My brother's computer not lagging as his graphic is Nvidia Geforce 6100+405a? I don't know but it just like the game is saving something and cause my computer runs more slow and lag and like overload. My LaG means like those who didnt have meet the graphic minimum system requirement.

Still, I would check the system temps, just to be sure and rule that out.

What about mods? Are you using any?

Make sure you close all running applications before you start the game. Turn off your anti-virus too or make sure it's not scheduled to go on a full system scan every hour or so. That can slow down other applications.

What are the rest of your system specifications?

Have you tried reinstalling the game?

What mean for mods here?

My cpu AMD Sempron3000+ clock speed is 1.90ghz, Ram 1GB, graphic Nividia Geforce 7025/630a 512MB memory

I had reinstalled this game for about three times

Have any issues that can cause lag? Can the frequency/voltage control can affect the game? Cuz my cpu clock speed originally is 1.60ghz, but after i changed the frequency/voltage control in my BIOS.

But i think its not my system problem cuz after i restart the game or load again my game file, the game will not lag more but after 1 hour the things happens again. This thing happens after i travelled many places and there is something i fell like its saving somethin to my computer and makes it overload and lag. angry.gif

Don't double post, mate. Use the EDIT button if you wish to add anything to your previous post.

Did you delete the gta_sa.set file from the User Files folder after reinstalling? If not, then delete it. Overclocking the CPU should not cause lagging issues.

When I say mods, I mean modifications like graphic mods, Cleo scripts, etc. Do you have any such thing installed?

PRE-TROUBLE-SHOOTING QUESTIONS:

PROBLEM SOLVING:

If you have changed OS or Screen settings, If your system upgraded anything (drivers, etc) Delete the GTA_SA.set File.

Are you playing the game in Vista/Win7 using

W98 (or XP) compatibility mode,

with Administrative Privileges?

And... before people here begin investing a lot of time trying to fix a possible NO-FIX situation:

How are you playing:

1. With the Original DVD in the Drive?

2. OR are you Using a 'backup' disc?

3. Are you Using a No-CD crack?

4. OR a Downloaded game from Direct2Drive, or SteamPower.com

5. If none of the above, then what is the origin of your game? (Please be specific.)

If i deleted the file(gta_sa.set) will the game unable to open? Will it create the a new same file again? I'm playing without a CD but with a crack version by the Original cd Gta SA.

Yes, the gta_sa.set file will be re-generated when you start the game again.

Get rid of the crack and play the game from the disc. Let us know if you still face the same issue.

Spider-Vice

Hmm, what's your settings? Chances are the graphics card can't cope with the charge for example in High settings and downs the clock so it doesn't crash. Your brother could have the settings on Low so he wouldn't lag, so as your graphics card is a little old, try playing with lower settings and see if it happens. Also get rid of the crack too.

• Like 1

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

.hehe last month i got the same problem, but i fix it myself, i defrag my pc and scan for viruses. and delete some of my unused apps in my harddrive,

.if the game lag try to see ur CPU Usage and wait for it to come down to 2-8% and start playing again.....and yeah try to lower ur graphics settings, it is possible to overheat ur drivers even if u have a cooler

First, Get rid of the No-DVD Crack and play off the Original DVD-the way the game as designed to be played.-"No-DVD" Cracks are a violation of BOTH GTAForums policy? AND Statues 815.06(A Felony)-as it is used for Warez purposes. Just a heads up from your friendly Law Enforcement Officer.

But, you cannot really expect very good performance on the Processor-Semprons are not really made for gaming. I have that same exact processor type and RAM amount on my old XP Home laptop, and ONLY got like 10-15 fps(5-10 with Fraps recording). Just a friendly heads up.

But, yeah, if you delete the .set file in the User Files Folder, it WILL get replaced the next time the game is run.