Rockstar in Possession of new Dev Kits (Nintendo)

Drift-Kingz

Drift-Kingz

http://www.nintendo-universe.co.uk/2011/04...a-launch-title/

Another day, another rumour. Yet today’s has been provided by French website 01net, who previously correctly leaked the NGP technical specs ahead of Sony’s announcement regarding the hardware.

Sources have revealed that popular development powerhouse Rockstar Games reportedly have dev kits for Nintendo’s latest home console, and are currently working on an entry in the Grand Theft Auto series that they hope to complete by launch – which we can presume to be the highly anticipated arrival of Grand Theft Auto V.

Whilst immediately shrouded in doubt, it isn’t entirely beyond belief. If the graphical prowess of the system were to even match that offered by the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 it would be plausible that Rockstar would be able to port a version that utilised Nintendo’s latest control scheme.

Such a move by Nintendo is a concerted effort to regain the support of the core gaming community, and E3 2011 will see Nintendo unveil a series of tech demos for the console, alongside an expected release by June 2012.

The prospect of such rumour certainly sounds fantastic, yet E3 certainly can’t come soon enough in debunking a lot of these “sources” that are recently cropping up.

Prattle.

http://www.nintendo-universe.co.uk/2011/04...a-launch-title/

Another day, another rumour. Yet today’s has been provided by French website 01net, who previously correctly leaked the NGP technical specs ahead of Sony’s announcement regarding the hardware.

Sources have revealed that popular development powerhouse Rockstar Games reportedly have dev kits for Nintendo’s latest home console, and are currently working on an entry in the Grand Theft Auto series that they hope to complete by launch – which we can presume to be the highly anticipated arrival of Grand Theft Auto V.

Whilst immediately shrouded in doubt, it isn’t entirely beyond belief. If the graphical prowess of the system were to even match that offered by the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 it would be plausible that Rockstar would be able to port a version that utilised Nintendo’s latest control scheme.

Such a move by Nintendo is a concerted effort to regain the support of the core gaming community, and E3 2011 will see Nintendo unveil a series of tech demos for the console, alongside an expected release by June 2012.

The prospect of such rumour certainly sounds fantastic, yet E3 certainly can’t come soon enough in debunking a lot of these “sources” that are recently cropping up.

Prattle.

rolleyes.gif I dout it but its possible.

Thompson.png

This is very much what i am talking about in my own thread which you read some minutes ago tounge.gif

Due to its rumor to have a bluray drive.

GTA V - BluRay exclusive

Not sure of it being a launch title, but looking promising about coming to the console atleast.

Drift-Kingz
This is very much what i am talking about in my own thread which you read some minutes ago tounge.gif

GTA V - BluRay exclusive

Not sure of it being a launch title, but looking promising about coming to the console atleast.

Glad it's locked... too much fanboyism in there.

devil.gif

Anyways, it seems a lot promising to be coming onto the Nintendo Consoles though. We'll see...

GTA V - BluRay exclusive

Glad it's locked... too much fanboyism in there.

devil.gif

Anyways, it seems a lot promising to be coming onto the Nintendo Consoles though. We'll see...

Umm, it's not locked and no fanboyism there either.

Yes it is, seeing the console most likely will be bit more powerfull than the 360 and the ps3

and who knows, mabt 360 will get a bluray drive eventually aswell

Drift-Kingz

Yes it is, seeing the console most likely will be bit more powerfull than the 360 and the ps3

My bad. I was referring to this topic.

sweaty balls

microsoft is already ahead of sony, because they said a while back digital media is the future not disks and i now i realized that seeing how many games i downloaded to my hard drive, they can change the game up and have people download GTA V but will recieve the sound track as the disc think about

Honestly i think that the new nintendo will be alot better than the original wii but i still dont think it will match 360 or PS3

Thompson.png

If this is true, perhaps we should be keeping a close eye on Nintendo at E3, instead of Microsoft and Sony

No problem, it just got locked now.... And I have NO IDEA why! Irritates me, there's no implying of fanboyism in there, only possibilities if the game would release on bigger discs...

microsoft is already ahead of sony, because they said a while back digital media is the future not disks and i now i realized that seeing how many games i downloaded to my hard drive, they can change the game up and have people download GTA V but will recieve the sound track as the disc think about

Sony also have many games to download so i dont think they are ahead of sony and im not a fanboy i love 360 and PS3. By the way i think sony and microsoft could both fail with downloadable games, as many gamers would prefer to buy there products from stores the old fashion way not to mention the huge businuss of pre-owned games that are not currently availabe on PSN or XBL also real stores can bring a lot more money to local and off shore economies.

Sorry if i sound like some financial adviser or something lol.

Thompson.png

People have to realize Rockstar has more developers than just Rockstar North. I seriously doubt R* would lose tons of money to make GTA V exclusive to a certain console.

Drift-Kingz

No problem, it just got locked now.... And I have NO IDEA why! Irritates me, there's no implying of fanboyism in there, only possibilities if the game would release on bigger discs...

Well dude, why would it be PS3 exclusive? It's like Sony bribing Rockstar. I doubt PS3 exclusives will come. whatsthat.gif

Sorry for going off-topic BTW.

you know how many people would buy the new nintendo console just for GTA V , if it was exclusive , even only for the first 6 months...

trust me alot , and what would be a better way than to launch a new console with a game other than gta v.... how ever ...i dont know something doesn't fit...

Well dude, why would it be PS3 exclusive? It's like Sony bribing Rockstar. I doubt PS3 exclusives will come. whatsthat.gif

Sorry for going off-topic BTW.

Hmm, the thread is not about being a PS3 exclusive... But how it could be on a big disc, the ign report says R* most likely will release it on ps3 due to its disc size. I think the Nintendo also will have brd. And if you read the thread it's mostly about wich directions R* could take the next GTA title.

you know how many people would buy the new nintendo console just for GTA V , if it was exclusive , even only for the first 6 months...

trust me alot , and what would be a better way than to launch a new console with a game other than gta v.... how ever ...i dont know something doesn't fit...

Lol could you imagine playing GTA V with those stupid mii things on nintendo wii lol lol.gif .

Thompson.png

do you know , i never played a wii , and i actually just knew wii was made by nintendo hahaha

Schismatist

Lol could you imagine playing GTA V with those stupid mii things on nintendo wii lol lol.gif .

It'd be just as hilarious to see those avatar things(I call them "Not Miis") in a GTA, infact, why weren't they in GTA4? That would've been hilarious.

Drift-Kingz

Hmm, the thread is not about being a PS3 exclusive... But how it could be on a big disc, the ign report says R* most likely will release it on ps3 due to its disc size. I think the Nintendo also will have brd. And if you read the thread it's mostly about wich directions R* could take the next GTA title.

Sorry I keep getting your thread mixed up with the other thread...

And about Nintendo having Blue Ray, it's quite a good possibility. If R* were to create a large map, which could require reasonable disc size they would have to release it on PS3 or a Nintendo Console (if it were to have blue-ray and a good amount of disc space). I have a feeling Nintendo will go somewhere on this. I still doubt it's going to be exclusive to a certain console though. Just imagine the sales...

do you know , i never played a wii , and i actually just knew wii was made by nintendo hahaha

Whoa! No one cares. Next time contribute to this thread with something non-irrelevant to the main topic, or get out.

And about Nintendo having Blue Ray, it's quite a good possibility. If R* were to create a large map, which could require reasonable disc size they would have to release it on PS3 or a Nintendo Console (if it were to have blue-ray and a good amount of disc space). I have a feeling Nintendo will go somewhere on this. I still doubt it's going to be exclusive to a certain console though. Just imagine the sales...

Whoa! No one cares. Next time contribute to this thread with something non-irrelevant to the main topic, or get out.

relax man , no need to be a total db about it..

- -

back on topic , is their any info on how long nintendo has been working on this project?

Schismatist

Fun Fact: 4 of the top 5 best selling 3DS launch titles were 3rd party titles. I'd be more than happy to see the Wii2 have GTA5 as one of its best selling launch titles.

Fun Fact: 4 of the top 5 best selling 3DS launch titles were 3rd party titles. I'd be more than happy to see the Wii2 have GTA5 as one of its best selling launch titles.

Cool story bro!

zeppelincheetah

There's no way in hell Nintendo will release a console with a blu-ray format. This is for two reasons: 1st it would mean Sony would make money off of the system, as Blu-ray is Sony's disc format. Also Nintendo has chosen with both Gamecube and Wii to go with alternative disc formats to combat piracy. Gamecube had the mini disc and Wii had the Wii optical disc.

Personally I would love for N6/Wii 2 to have a GTA time exclusive. I get consoles for two reasons: Zelda and GTA. So a Nintendo console with GTA would mean I would only have to get one system next gen. Also imagine how cool a GTA game would be with motion controls and the rumored extra screen. inlove.gif

There's no way in hell Nintendo will release a console with a blu-ray format. This is for two reasons: 1st it would mean Sony would make money off of the system, as Blu-ray is Sony's disc format. Also Nintendo has chosen with both Gamecube and Wii to go with alternative disc formats to combat piracy. Gamecube had the mini disc and Wii had the Wii optical disc.

Personally I would love for N6/Wii 2 to have a GTA time exclusive. I get consoles for two reasons: Zelda and GTA. So a Nintendo console with GTA would mean I would only have to get one system next gen. Also imagine how cool a GTA game would be with motion controls and the rumored extra screen. inlove.gif

Its entirely possible that they go with a reverse blu-ray format. On the other hand, they could go with an HD DVD based setup. Either way, you can expect a blue laser based optical disc.

Just because it uses Blu-ray doesn't mean Sony will get ALL the money, it'd be split by the Blu-ray founders, which just so happens to include Sony. If the next Nintendo console does use Blu-ray, thanks to time and progress, they could actually use one of the newer High Speed drives, that would counter the PS3's problem of Slow Read Times and would completely kick the ass of the Xbox 360's DVD Read Times. It'd be a great time for Nintendo to use it as it's an established format and the tech has betterd itself since Sony took a chance with it.

As for GTA with Motion Controls and Touch Screen, ...you make me sick.

Rent>A<Line99

I'd buy it in an instant. Nintendo has good game plan using 5 year old tech that's still awesome, so to sell at a cheap price.

Don't want to imagine that... :|

Wii 2 (Or what ever it's called) has a different controler this time around.

With an HD screen and whatnot.

So I'm hoping it's a little more easier to use when you're not using motion control.

I can hardly imagine a game on Wii like GTA, isn't it meant to be as family console? I mean they might do a separate GTA for the Wii 2 but I doubt it would get exclusivity to the Nintendo Wii, if these rumours are true then it will probably be a multiplatform release, and then a special version on the Wii for motion control and stuff. Or it could be a separate GTA for Kinect Wii and PS Move. I just don't think Rockstar would make it Wii exclusive.

Rockstar isn't going to spend a lot of effort, time and budget developing a major GTA game, and then release it on one console only, let alone as a launch title, when number of the possessors of the console it still in the very early stages, a very low number. Would Nintendo take a new direction in its upcoming console, a more hardcore direction? if so, would this bring the hardcore gamers of Sony and Microsoft to their console? I don't think so. I believe that they would preserve their old school direction, with a more open mind, which means that they would try to bring a bigger slice of hardcore gamers in order to make a more balanced console.

Rockstar will develop for their next console, but nothing major like GTA V neither an exclusive game. They might do a spin off GTA game from within IV era or V era, or they might do a new IP or a sequel to an existing franchise, and they would also release it on Nintendo's console.

my guess would be gta 4 + dlc with better graphics, the fact they have the dev kits might just be to port the engine