Episodes from liberty city

matte89

UPDATE: I found out the problem, apperently the game has trouble functioning when I have my headset plugged in. Whit my speakers, everything Is back to normal. Kinda strange, but I can live whit it though.

Hello

I have this wierd problem whit Episodes from liberty city. The intro logo´s runs super fast and the sound tries to keep up or something, basicly It sounds like a mess. In-game aswell as in loading screens and cutscenes the game speeds up and slows down and the sound does the same. Im puzzled by this but I guess it coud have something to do whit my audio drivers/hardware.

Ive had no problem in GTAV so far whit this system. It aint the best and the CPU is really lacking but it worked solid enough to play.

**Update**

Now I experience the same problem in GTAV as in Episodes.

Also of note, first time I ran Episodes the game worked just fine. I changed the resolution, textures and did a restart of the game only to find it like this, I tried to change the settings back but whit no effect.

System:

Processor

Name : AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+

Speed : 2913 MHz

Mainboard

Bus(es) : AGP PCI IMB USB i2c/SMBus

MP Support : 1 CPU(s)

MP APIC : Yes

System BIOS Version : A_M_I_ - 10000724

Video System

Monitor : Plug and Play-bildskärm

Adapter : ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Multimedia Device(s)

Device : Realtek High Definition Audio

Operating System

Windows System : Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3

Any help Is deeply appreciated!

Edited by matte89

Is your system clean? Are there any processes running in the background while you play?

Is your system clean? Are there any processes running in the background while you play?

As far as I know my system Is clean, Ive played Crysis 2 on it whitout problems. GTA4 Is the only game I have this problem on, worth of note Is that I upgraded to HD5770 sense the last time Ive played the game, and I didnt have any problem on my HD3850.

Did you reinstall the OS after the upgrade? GTAIV usually misbehaves in such situations. At least uninstall the GPU drivers, reboot and do a fresh install.

Did you reinstall the OS after the upgrade? GTAIV usually misbehaves in such situations. At least uninstall the GPU drivers, reboot and do a fresh install.

I found out the problem, apperently the game has trouble functioning when I have my headset plugged in. Whit my speakers, everything Is back to normal. Kinda strange, but I can live whit it though.