So, what if the world does end?...

FlavouredMilk

I expect night clubs and bars everywhere will have a special night out, JUST in case. A lot of people will go out JUST IN CASE the world does end, so they'd make a killing.

I will probably be one of these people

in5dJdX.png

Tommy-Vercetti19

Yeah, just drink and f*ck everything that moves.

user posted image

yo wassup jim?

THe world won't end, the humanity will.

Semantics, really. When people say, "the world," it's implied they are talking about human existence, not Planet Earth specifically.

Yeah that's true.

The world is not going to end in our life time. Sorry.

Dinosaurs owned the planet for 165 million years, humans haven't even been here for 200,000 years. I think we have a few more years before mother earth is totally sick of us. I like to think that the height of the nuclear arms race during the cold war times proved that we are capable of being smart enough not to destroy ourselves.

It may not be the best place to live 1 million years from now, but I have a feeling the planet and our relatives will be here.

Quick side story, because I find it humorous:

My wife gets called by The Family Feud game show almost once a year to give her answers for the surveys. One time the question was "If there was only 1 day left to live, what would you do?". Her answer was 'heroin'. The dude on the phone almost couldn't go on because he was laughing too hard.

I expect night clubs and bars everywhere will have a special night out, JUST in case. A lot of people will go out JUST IN CASE the world does end, so they'd make a killing.

I will probably be one of these people

Bingo. This whole end-of-the-world-because-Mayans-said-so fad is a hot marketing dollar right now.

Dinosaurs owned the planet for 165 million years, humans haven't even been here for 200,000 years.

In all fairness to dinosaurs, I think humans won't even come close to touching their stint on this planet.

And with even more fairness to dinosaurs, how does your wife manage to take part in Family Feud surveys?!

Edited by TheCacti

And with even more fairness to dinosaurs, how does your wife manage to take part in Family Feud surveys?!

I know...It's too cool. They just randomly called one day a bunch of years ago, and now they just seem to call every year or two. Funny as sh*t to be in the same room when it happens because all I hear are her one word answers.

I agree that humans won't have as long of a run here as dinosaurs. I think we may be a bit more abusive to the planet than they were.

Tommy-Vercetti19

I agree that humans won't have as long of a run here as dinosaurs. I think we may be a bit more abusive to the planet than they were.

Just wait until the resources run out.

user posted image

yo wassup jim?

I'll probably do what i do every night, sit in front of my PC, watch some TV and browse GTAF. Unless I see the bat symbol in the sky, 'cos then I have to g... wait er nevermind.

Claude Speed.
Atleast i won't die a virgin.

Of course not, there will be plenty of people to rape you.

Gone...but not quite.

If fallout taught me anything it's that even if you manage to survive the apocalypse the world after it is going to buttf*ck you.

user posted image

If fallout taught me anything it's that even if you manage to survive the apocalypse the world after it is going to buttf*ck you.

*And will be a vast empty boring place.....

Drift-Kingz

What I'll be doing on 11:59PM, December 21st, 2012:

Finishing a double cheeseburger with extra tomatoes and onions. That's how Americans end their life. wink.gif

Finn 7 five 11

If the world was going to end i would send up a finger and a big "f*ck You" to the world.

"in 2012 loads of people are going to go mad!" that's bollocks look at the Y2K scare at the turn of the millennium nobody went insane and no planes fell out of the sky, onto your face.

Actually, that's a really good example. A larger number of people thought chaos would reign at the turn of the century, yet, despite this groupthink, nothing happened. We didn't tear each other apart.

That was 11 years ago, and it was only because of computer sh*t.

2012 however has been the end of world date since Mayan times, and people are getting hysterical about it, more so than the Y2K bug. We'll never know what will happen until the day comes.

"in 2012 loads of people are going to go mad!" that's bollocks look at the Y2K scare at the turn of the millennium nobody went insane and no planes fell out of the sky, onto your face.

Actually, that's a really good example. A larger number of people thought chaos would reign at the turn of the century, yet, despite this groupthink, nothing happened. We didn't tear each other apart.

2012 however has been the end of world date since Mayan times, and people are getting hysterical about it, more so than the Y2K bug. We'll never know what will happen until the day comes.

Are you actually old enough to remember how much panic-buying went on in the weeks leading up to 01/01/2000? People filling their bathtubs with water and all that sh*t? People were hysterical.

Also, the Mayan Calendar doesn't explicitly state that the world will end. The calendar just ends. It had to end somewhere.

vbSWr1A.gif

People were going hysterical over Y2k as well, but because this particular stupid apocalypse idea is Mayan it earns extra credibility? Thy Mayans also believed in a black skinned god of war called Ekchuah, but no one seems to get in hysterics over that do they? No one is going to die, and if you actually believe in what you wrote ("no one knows what's going to happen") then I'm sorry but you're stupidly following some dumb conspiracy. What's going to happen is the sun is going to set, then rise again the next day. mercie_blink.gif

U R B A N I T A S

FlavouredMilk

The 2012 thing doesn't really phase me, the one that seems most plausable is that Space-Storm I mentioned, I'm sure everyone can find the information about it themselves...

No, please tell us more, Ayrton Swansborough.

vbSWr1A.gif

Claude Speed.
And that's supposed to bring the end? You've got to be kidding. You can't even read right.

Gone...but not quite.

FlavouredMilk

Using my real name? nice...

And I haven't read up on it recently, but there was a big thing on it awhile back... So, my apologies if it's severity isn't as bad as it was made out to be then.

And I didn't say the end, I said the most plausable, as in referring to, major event to happen that'd change lives as we know it.

WF the Hobgoblin

Are you actually old enough to remember how much panic-buying went on in the weeks leading up to 01/01/2000? People filling their bathtubs with water and all that sh*t? People were hysterical.

Also, the Mayan Calendar doesn't explicitly state that the world will end. The calendar just ends. It had to end somewhere.

Personally, I don't really remember the hysteria about Y2K, just a lot of talk about the "millennium bug".

Still, I do think Y2K was a more reasonable cause for concern than some ancient calendar running out.

Spider-Vice
If the world was gonna end we'd have much much more severe Natural Disasters than we already have had over the years..so the world is definately NOT going to end in 2012. smile.gif

@OP: Watch it..Ottae might come and lock this thread for reasons only known to him. wow.gif

I don't think it's going to end but sometimes i wonder.

Maybe he knows the answere?

No, he said ItalianStalion was the biggest spammer on Which Member... tounge.gif

On-topic: World. Ending? When? Oh yes, there are solar flares and stuff predicted for that date, the world won't end but we might run out of electricity. True story. What I'll do? I'm so f*cking gonna be wasted or go to the moon. And as it's a Friday, most likely nothing, boring.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

I got a survival kit that would put most army surplus stores to shame.

I got over 2 million calories good until 2016 just for me my wife and my dog.

Also got untold thousands of rounds of ammunition.

I keep all this (and much more) on hand as a responsible head of household.

Fact is we live in a age were ppl have become incapable of taking care of themselves.

if the power went out for a week or the government checks stopped coming this sh*t

would turn into The Stand real f*ckin fast.. The part of Randall Flagg played by the

fella with the biggest set of spinning rimz. So forget about space storms and solar-

blasts, god farts & 2012.. I fear a sudden wave of forced personal responsibility.

user posted image

Fact is we live in a age were ppl have become incapable of taking care of themselves.

if the power went out for a week or the government checks stopped coming this sh*t

would turn into The Stand real f*ckin fast.. The part of Randall Flagg played by the

fella with the biggest set of spinning rimz. So forget about space storms and solar-

blasts, god farts & 2012.. I fear a sudden wave of forced personal responsibility.

You can't be serious.

U R B A N I T A S

You can't be serious.

Let's hope so, shall we?

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4