GTA "Concept Thread" Section

grope_4_that_date

grope_4_that_date

I think "Conceptual Threads" deserve their own section. I know General GTA Chat is the home for most Concept Threads, but people put a lot of work into their "fake GTAs". I think they deserve their own section. Look how many there are! Concept Thread Index by Spaghetti Cat. I think that should be pinned too.

Sometimes, our concept threads become forgotten in the General GTA Chat... not as many people go there.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Why did you post the maps?

bored.gif

I think they simply belong in the General GTA chat section. Putting the section in 2 parts would make them feel... empty.

If you want the index to be pinned then just PM one of the area moderators and they'll do what they see fit to do with it.

As for the concept threads, why not just post them into the GTA V? section like they went before. The General GTA Chat area isn't the right place for them in my opinion. And who's to say that more people would visit a dedicated concept thread sub-forum than visit the General GTA Chat area currently?

I've pinned Spaghetti Cat's index for convenience. That said, the concept threads are best suited in General GTA Chat seeing as they cover multiple areas.

grope_4_that_date

As for the concept threads, why not just post them into the GTA V? section like they went before. The General GTA Chat area isn't the right place for them in my opinion.

No, I agree. They really don't fit in the General GTA Chat section... they get lost in all the other threads. They really get any attention.

@Ryan, thanks for pinning. I'm sure he'll appreciate that.

That said, the concept threads are best suited in General GTA Chat seeing as they cover multiple areas.

I don't really follow this myself. They are discussing future GTA games or ideas for them and should therefore surely be in the GTA V section? My thoughts were that this forum was for ideas about "Would Niko beat up Claude if both were blindfolded?" kind of things. And to have the forum clogged with concept threads for the next GTA seems a little counter-intuitive if I may say so.

That said, the concept threads are best suited in General GTA Chat seeing as they cover multiple areas.

I don't really follow this myself. They are discussing future GTA games or ideas for them and should therefore surely be in the GTA V section? My thoughts were that this forum was for ideas about "Would Niko beat up Claude if both were blindfolded?" kind of things. And to have the forum clogged with concept threads for the next GTA seems a little counter-intuitive if I may say so.

They're not all based on futuristic GTA's. While there many that are based upon futuristic GTA's, some are DLC's of GTA IV, and some are based off of the III era. Having them all in the GTA V forum doesn't really seem to make sense they cover different era's and not just GTA V specifically. The General GTA Chat forum isn't all that active, so having them there helps with activity.

I thougth the main reason the General GTA Chat section was created was for this concept stuff.
Yl8KS.jpg

I agree with Grope. All concept threads deserve a section of their own. People work hard on those, and sometimes they are just forgotten after a couple of posts. At least consider it? Most of them get lost in a lot of useless posts in General GTA Chat. Like a month ago I so one post made by danjodan which was 'Which GTA Character would you f*ck?'

Are you seriously kidding me? A space that could be used for a concept thread wasted in such topic.

I say yes.

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

Concept threads get buried by non concept threads and vice versa, both types of posts would benefit if concept threads had their own section. Right now it's a game of "which section do we want to flood with concept threads?"

Banned, now stay the f*ck out

Docfaustino

I'm guessing the only reasons the mods are hesitant is because of the forum slump. Gen chat is an active section right now. If you split it in half, you decrease the activity and make a new one only slightly active. On the other hand, for the purpose of organization? I say, great. Concepts have become real detailed, a couple masterpieces, even. Real creative writing. For that reason, and all their abundance, they aren't really fitting in anymore. If the gen chat section picks up in activity, I support the idea.

I thougth the main reason the General GTA Chat section was created was for this concept stuff.

icon14.gif

That's 90% of why it was created. It looks fine now, and if you subtracted all the Concepts then either new forum would be a bit empty, aside from the people that shoot 79+ posts a day around there. There really isn't a reason to put the concepts into their own section - sure there are a few of them in number - but it's not like they're all getting one-hundred posts a day or anything.

kzgN7qp.png