Frame Limiter Crashes when On

Remixman

Hey I've been playing the game since the start with Frame Limiter "off", all of my setting are

Draw Distance: Max

Quality: Very High

AA: Off

Resolution: 1280 X 720 (using .asi)

The problem is when I try to turn it "on" as it loads the game (or if its already loaded) it crashes the game.

The settings available for my frame limiter option are: 25, 30, 50, 60 and off. Selecting any setting other than Off crashes the game.

Can somebody help me with this please?

Update: I've deinstalled and reinstalled the whole game (keeping the savefiles obviously) to start the game without anything.

Found out it is the "exdisp.asi" that changes the frame limiter's original settings. Without it it's all original 800x600 32 with normal frame limit options "on" "off",

but with the .asi applied it adds the other options to the frame limiter (25,30,50,60) but no "on".

The reason I use exdisp.asi is because it gives me the 1280x720 res and being able to use widescreen for my comp.

I wanna try out the Frame Limiter Mod of gtagarage to find out if it reaches a moot point between my settings to check out if it will help me or not with my issue, if anyone has had the same problem as me could you help me out please?

Edited by Remixman

FRAME LIMITER ADJUSTER:

Reference: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=456348

Question: How can I limit the game to 30 fps cuz original is 25 and with frame limiter off the frames are jumping to much so I would like to play it with no jumps on 30 fps.

Try the FPS Limit Adjuster that you’ll find in here:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=422154

Also for Version 1 games:

• The patch (1.01) contains alot of fixes. First what it adds. There is now support for 720p and 1080i HDTV resolutions, ...

• - Crash when entering advanced display options with only 32 meg of video ram (32 meg of video ram is not supported and will only allow use of 640*480 in 16 and 32 bit. At this resolution it is likely you will see the "Black Roads" LOD problem). We do NOT however disallow machines with 32 meg of video ram from running GRAND THEFT AUTO: San Andreas.

• - Crash occuring when using "user radio files" while the frame limiter is disabled.

... and many other issues.

(No Modding after Patching)

And... before people here begin investing a lot of time trying to fix a possible NO-FIX situation:

How are you playing:

1. With the Original DVD in the Drive?

2. OR are you Using a 'backup' disc?

3. Are you Using a No-CD crack?

4. OR a Downloaded game from Direct2Drive, or SteamPower.com

5. If none of the above, where did you get your game? (Please specify.)

Modding questions belong in THE MODDING FORUMS! Where You click on the underlined words. icon14.gif that’s where You can find Players who ARE Modders, they can really give You some help! smile.gif

Edited by lil weasel