Framelimiter on 30 fps

Gangsta-NL

Hello,

I have the first generation 8800GT videocards. The problem is that they get really hot.

This is also when I play GTA 4. At some points, when I am like for example in an appartment, it will reach a framerate of 50-60 which causes lots of heat.

I really want to cap the framerate at 30. However, I heard this is not possible or this may damage the monitor. (:S)

I have a 60 HZ monitor. Is there a way to make GTA 4 at a MAXIMUM framerate at 30?

Thanks a bunch!

Spider-Vice
Hello,

I have the first generation 8800GT videocards. The problem is that they get really hot.

This is also when I play GTA 4. At some points, when I am like for example in an appartment, it will reach a framerate of 50-60 which causes lots of heat.

I really want to cap the framerate at 30. However, I heard this is not possible or this may damage the monitor. (:S)

I have a 60 HZ monitor. Is there a way to make GTA 4 at a MAXIMUM framerate at 30?

Thanks a bunch!

Framerate has nothing to do with temperature, the graphical environment does. dozingoff.gif I wish I had 60 FPS.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

As Spider-Vice has said, high frame rates will not cause your system temps to shoot up. You're most probably lacking adequate cooling. Anyways, how hot does your system actually get? Tell us your system temps.

My 8800GT gets about 89 degrees at low settings. But if I higher the settings of gta 4, for example, high texture, it will produce less heat because it will reach a lower framerate. However, I don't want to max my settings. sad.gif

If I play MW2, I have also a high temperature duo high framerates but if I set the frame limit at 30, the temperature is really low. The more frames the gpu generates, how warmer it will get. sad.gif

@ff sniper,

thanks for the link. I will try it.

What temperature does it reach on higher settings? In any case, rather than trying to limit the fps, I think you should be looking at some cooling options. Also, make sure there's no dust on the heatsink. That could be one reason why your GPU is running so hot.

If your monitor will support it, you can add commandlines:

-refreshrate 30

-framelimit 1

In my experience, limiting the framerate in GTA does put less strain on the graphics card and it runs cooler.

If your monitor will support it, you can add commandlines:

-refreshrate 30

-framelimit 1

In my experience, limiting the framerate in GTA does put less strain on the graphics card and it runs cooler.

Thanks!!!

I hope my monitor can handle it. Its 60 Hz so I think that would do it.

thanks