Grand Theft Auto San Andreas: BETA Edition

Kalvin

Mr. Kingpin
@BnB: I mean make a chase script for Saint Mark's Bistro mission, to chase Marco Forelli around Portland, if you can, then you'll have to wait, all roads are converted, but after a distance in the interior world they go invisible. And you have absolutely no idea where your driving and where the end is xD

@Mr. Kingpin: You'll have to make something, and show it, otherwise i cannot accept you.

Okay...

And BnB, there are lots and lots of changes in the map on the final version from the beta. I was going to work on those and I was also going to make the Timecyc like the PS2 one even though timecycp.dat is identical to the PS2. And for car reflections and stuff like in the beta, there's a mod called SAGFX and it looks really good. Plus, if you want to give SA a more BETA feeling then the textures for every map object has to be 256x256 like in the PS2 version (But that's optional). So basically, I would be working on the map and I know nothing about modeling cars or any vehicles. And for other extra features that are possibly in neither of GTA San Andreas versions, I might add more stuff..

So tell you what, you keep doing your thing and when I'm done working on something I'll share with you guys. By the way, I added ManDog on MSN.

Good luck icon14.gif

@BnB: I mean make a chase script for Saint Mark's Bistro mission, to chase Marco Forelli around Portland, if you can, then you'll have to wait, all roads are converted, but after a distance in the interior world they go invisible. And you have absolutely no idea where your driving and where the end is xD

Not that I want to make an offtopic, but I never heard about that. Could you give more info about this mission?

I dunno if it's true or not, most people say the info off this site was fake, but..

GTAWiki:

"■ In the first version of Saint Mark's Bistro, CJ had to chase Marco Forelli with a car in the streets of Portland, but for some reason, Portland is not full in the final version (only Saint Mark's, Red Light District and some place of Chinatown and Portland View) and the road isn't solid everywhere."

Mr. Kingpin: You'll have to make something, and show it, otherwise i cannot accept you.

OMG I lol'd

Anyway, instead of converting the whole Portland why don't you just make the part already in the game solid? If you go ahead and convert the one from gta3 you'll have to add snow to it.

Yes, I'm pablo -_-

Mr. Kingpin

Why everybody getting banned and who is Pablo? lol.

Why everybody getting banned and who is Pablo? lol.

All these "everybody" is the same person...

Looks nice! where did you find it?

I didn't say at first because I assumed the animation listed in the IO made it obvious. tounge.gif

'Crouch_Roll_L' in 'ped.ifp'. First and possibly last frame. It looks like the right arm needs to be lowered a bit for accuracy, though, seeing as how the original beta animation is meant to blend into that first frame, creating arm movement.

Nice find, Weirdo (Mr. Jago) all we need is someone to import it ingame smile.gif to replace the current crouch animation biggrin.gif

Nice find mate, but right hand must be moved down smile.gif

That's what I said.

MarshDanni

Glad ManDog is not giving up on this mod keep up biggrin.gif

I'd never let anyone down smile.gif

I'll show some progress (MAYBE) soon xP

MarshDanni
I'd never let anyone down smile.gif

I'll show some progress (MAYBE) soon xP

can't wait smile.gif

I agreed to do the anims for the mod, the crouch is working when idle (ignore the jaw, that's an easy fix) but its the moving crouch anims that I'm having issues with tounge.gif

Mr. Kingpin

Haha first of all, nice looking out. And second, nice try Bammagera. I'll try doing some stuff on the map and I'll let you know whatsup after.

Mr. Kingpin

Here is a better screenshot of the BETA maps of San Andreas and San Fierro.

user posted image

user posted image

I think the most changed map in SA is San Fierro. Las Venturas stayed the same. Also, the name of Las Venturas was different. Also, GTA San Andreas has lots of BETA peds models hidden in its IMG files. And there are lots of dialogs and mission scripts (voice) hidden that weren't present. Check out the mod "Things to do in San Andreas". It has almost all the pedestrians, and adds LOTS of features missing in the final version.

I guess the good way to change all the maps is to rearrange the whole map on 3DSMAX. It would take a LONG time to put together all the textures so what should be done is just fixing the models up then just work on the stuff. It's still going to be difficult because some extra polys might need to be added. And by doing it this way, it would be very easy to make the Radar and Map picture. I will start working on this thing someday but if I do the whole map, I could probably do everything else but converting cars and animations and scripting.

Edited by Mr. Kingpin

I agreed to do the anims for the mod, the crouch is working when idle (ignore the jaw, that's an easy fix) but its the moving crouch anims that I'm having issues with tounge.gif

I think that mod was already made, its somewhere on LS-Rp.

Its really neat with the crouching and adds a good stance aswell.

Also, HOW do you fix the jaw bug, any good tutorials please?

I think that mod was already made, its somewhere on LS-Rp.

Its really neat with the crouching and adds a good stance aswell.

Also, HOW do you fix the jaw bug, any good tutorials please?

You don't need a tutorial, the jaw bug is as simple as setting a keframe for the jaw in it's default position.

Mr. Kingpin

Yea so? Read what I wrote under the pictures too.

G The Generous

beta crouch moving forward anim:

user posted image

this is possible to made.you just need to reverse the crouch moving backward and change it a little bit faster

That's the animation used when you want back. They wanted it to look cool, like the sometimes do when they add gun shot sounds that arent actually in the game.

mrmohamed2001

The beta had some other sounds not the sounds of Gta sa

THe sirens

The gunfire

and some more....

THe sirens

The gunfire

and some more....

Proof....?

Mr. Kingpin

If you look at the picture you can see that the Savanna is 2 door in the BETA vesion. Can anybody please make that?

If you look at the picture you can see that the Savanna is 2 door in the BETA vesion. Can anybody please make that?

You can just convert from cutscene icon14.gif

There is a CUTSCENE VEHICLES mod topic in obviously, the vehicles section.

Just ask the author smile.gif

THe sirens

The gunfire

and some more....

No there werent. For f*cks sake read my reply. Rockstar always does that. They add different sound effects in trailers so it looks cooler. But itgame it always turns out slightly sh*ttier. It's a common method they use constantly.