Futuristic gta game yes or no and why?

sure shot

Drift-Kingz
why not seriously tell me

Because in the future, vehicle alarms will be much more advanced. Therefore, it is almost impossible to steal a car, hover jet or whatever. That's why GTA won't be in the 'futuristic' era.

General Scrotum
why not seriously tell me

Because in the future, vehicle alarms will be much more advanced. Therefore, it is almost impossible to steal a car, hover jet or whatever. That's why GTA won't be in the 'futuristic' era.

What he said.

And, the cars, boats, planes, etc... will be more advanced than they are now making it almost impossible for us to guess what they will look like.

The cars might be flying or going on water, planes could go in space, and boats could go underwater. Everything is possible.

That's why Rockstar won't risk to get too far in the future. In their next GTA game, the game might be set in the 2010's (2010, 2011, 2012, maybe 2013, but not more).

General Scrotum
Why was secro banned?

What do you mean?

Why was secro banned?

What do you mean?

How can you reply back if you're banned? monocle.gif

Because he just put the five stars as his avatar and put Busted! as his member title. tounge.gif

Why was secro banned?

What do you mean?

Because he just put the five stars as his avatar and put Busted! as his member title. tounge.gif

At last, not all hope is lost! icon14.gif

in general, the future is made up. You can't predict it. GTAs (and RDR,Bully etc) are all about reliving the past/present and experiencing it, rather than fantasy stuff. So, no.

General Scrotum
Why was secro banned?

What do you mean?

At last, not all hope is lost! icon14.gif

I'm just doing a joke to the DYOM folks. That's why.

Anyway, we should stay on topic.

Narcis_speed6

How about Grand Theft Dinosaurs, how awesome would that be? sarcasm.gif

General Scrotum

What about GTA -374 then? rolleyes.gif

The only GTA in the future I could eventually play without spitting on it would be something like Robocop.

Game could be set in not distant but dystopian future with theoretically normal cars and normal (bullet shooting)weapons.

I don't want to see GTA with some flying or hovering cars, laser or plasma shooting weapons or some giant robots or cyborgs, because it simply won't be GTA.

Edited by Tycek

Shockwave_NewOrder

maybe R* can make a futuristic GTA-style sandbox game running on the rage engine, like they made a rage-engine based wild west game with RDR.

Thay way we'd have a futuristic game with similarity to GTA, but it won't be an actual GTA.

suicidal.gif

How about Grand Theft Dinosaurs, how awesome would that be?   sarcasm.gif

No! Only you could be a cavemen, and t-rexs were like tanks and the trisaratops was a armored truck etc.

Edited by sure shot

Drift-Kingz
suicidal.gif

No! Only you could be a cavemen, and t-rexs were like tanks and the trisaratops was a armored truck etc.

He was being sarcastic...

suicidal.gif

I wasn't.

Drift-Kingz
suicidal.gif

I wasn't.

Alright then, your point?

Spaghetti Cat

^I think he's a touch 'special'....

in general, the future is made up. You can't predict it. GTAs (and RDR,Bully etc) are all about reliving the past/present and experiencing it, rather than fantasy stuff. So, no.

this

No Image Available

The only GTA in the future I could eventually play without spitting on it would be something like Robocop.

Game could be set in not distant but dystopian future with theoretically normal cars and normal (bullet shooting)weapons.

I don't want to see GTA with some flying or hovering cars, laser or plasma shooting weapons or some giant robots or cyborgs, because it simply won't be GTA.

I agree.

Harwood Butch3r

Part of the appeal of the GTA series for me is everything is based on fact. I wouldn't mind a game set lets say 10 years from now as I don't imagine the world will be all that much different, but not 100s, or even 1000s of years into the future.

Leave that to Fallout, Mass Effect, Borderlands etc.

A bit absurd if GTA takes place in the far future. Technology will be too advanced and it will be hassle to do things with the protagonist.

Plus, if you want a futuristic game that is good to say the least, just play Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas.

A bit absurd if GTA takes place in the far future. Technology will be too advanced and it will be hassle to do things with the protagonist.

Plus, if you want a futuristic game that is good to say the least, just play Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas.

i do

Why not, tell you? Because, that's why. I don't want to play some kind of bullsh*t futuristic game in the style of GTA with flying cars and crap. Would completely ruin the series if they did this.

Harwood Butch3r
Why not, tell you? Because, that's why. I don't want to play some kind of bullsh*t futuristic game in the style of GTA with flying cars and crap. Would completely ruin the series if they did this.

I wouldn't care if R* made another sandbox game in the far future with flying cars, lasers, aliens, and sh*t (I probably still wouldn't buy it), but you're right. It would ruin the GTA series.

I wouldn't care if R* made another sandbox game in the far future with flying cars, lasers, aliens, and sh*t (I probably still wouldn't buy it), but you're right. It would ruin the GTA series.

Lol yeah, a half assed sandbox GTA in futuristic times is fine. The incredible mood and feel of the GTA series would truly be ruined though with flying cars. What are we gonna do, shoot laser guns and having alien police on us?

I would like a GTA with a photography like the movie Blade Runner!