actress problem

tomervutx123

tomervutx123

Hello, I have the newest version of DYOM and when I am creating an actor (not objective) this is not showing the actor when I play the mission. (also Pickups that its not objectives, cars are fine).

What should I do?

THX in advance.

all non objctive elements have a spawn_after and a hide_afte attribute, which determine at what objective the elements is spawned and at what objective it is removed again.

When creating such an element (e.g. non-objective actor) the spawn_with is initialized with the selected objective, which is usually the last objective you added. The hide after is initialized with a high number, indicating that is will not be removed until the mission is completed. There ae menu-items to change either of these values to the currently selected objective, and there is a menu item to select one of the objectives. In this way you can manipulate these attributes.

What most likely happened in your case, is that you first defined all the objectives, and afterwards added the non-objective actresses and pickups. The Spawn_after attributes of these elements are now set to the last objective, which mean that the will only spawn after the last objective is reached, but they are then removed immediately again, since the mission is over. With the method described above you can change the spawn_with attribute, for example if you want to have the actress available from the start do the following:

1. Stand close to the start-position and choose objectives-> select objective
  2. Stand close to the actress and select Actor-> spawn actor
After that you can do the same thing for the pickups, and finally make sure you "select" the last objective again, so that when you want to add more objectives, they'll be added to the end of your mission, as new objectives ae also inserted after the currently selected objective.
bS8xA.png

tomervutx123

Thank you very much that was the spawn_after problem!

THX you can close this thread biggrin.gif

Edited by tomervutx123