Rampages

gtafreak102

i love rampages i mean people usually go on rampages anyways the should just put it back in the game. anyone know why they got rid of it in the first place?

NotoriousKiller

Yes! I hate how they tried so hard to make it realistic that really took away from the game in many ways. We need rampages, that what I am doing most of the time in GTA games. It needs to be really expanded upon and there should be all kinds of new Rampage games.

ThePowerofX

Rampages give people a reason to explore. I remember wandering around a nicely drawn motel in San Andreas that was desolate and lifeless. One of those areas that seem almost pointless. Nothing was ever to be gained by visiting the place a second time. Rampages can make all the difference because suddenly players have a purpose.

Rampages are just one feature that I would love to see return to the Grand Theft Auto series. Though I would like to see more different types, including vehicle-based rampages and even the option of doing rampages in co-op mode, similar to what we saw in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

RE9mJnf.png

Finn 7 five 11
yes, i miss rampage, this probly shoulda been a poll.

This probably should not have been a thread, of course there should be rampages, theres your answer.

I guess, but I dont need a token/timer/cash-reward for me to go on a rampage! smile.gif

I didn't miss the rampages that much, they were pretty cool and all but I think they were pretty arcadey, and I don't think they would fit GTA anymore. Actually maybe they could still be a part of GTA, but not if it was a floating skull icon just sitting there. Maybe they could have a serial killer in the game, who sets you kill challenges or something.

So it could be triggered by a phone box, you hear it ringing and you pick it up. Then the guy says "there's a gun around the corner, pick it up and kill x amount of people within x amount or time".

Mokrie Dela

Yeah Rampages should be back.

There's no reason why Rampages can't fit in with a realistic game. They're out of the way and could even only be toggled by pressing LB (i personally don't like automatic triggers with things like that)

they could even be replayable via menus/re-finding them, and add online scoreboards.

What about online rampages? two or more people either do rampages either together, or trying to beat scores/prevent the other player from reaching the score....

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

Rampages were in Chinatown Wars, and in a way, gang wars and drugs wars kinda replaced them in the console games.

I'm ambivalent about them. I liked the original kill frenzies because they actually had a nice reward (an extra life) and were of different kinds (some of them being in vehicles or with rc toys). In GTA III and VC the rampages were simply going wild with a weapon and they got boring after a while, the reward (a little money) was hardly worth it either.

Mokrie Dela
Yes, But hard ones not easy.

I disagree with this. There should be some form of scale. Hard is all well and good for a challenge but there probably should be levels.

the first time you do a rampage it's "easy" (and nothing above this should count to 100%)

The second time it's "medium" Perhaps a trophy/achievable at this level.

The third it's "hard"

The fourth it's "Really hard"

The fifth is down right impossible... tounge.gif

And of course as i said, online tounge.gif

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

I'm ambivalent about them. I liked the original kill frenzies because they actually had a nice reward (an extra life) and were of different kinds (some of them being in vehicles or with rc toys). In GTA III and VC the rampages were simply going wild with a weapon and they got boring after a while, the reward (a little money) was hardly worth it either.

In agreement. I never bothered with them much, simply because they quickly became repetitive and a bit of cash was useless as a reward. If they could add more variety - even gang wars were much the same thing over and over.

MartianEmpire

You know I had a weird Idea I was thinking odds are they wont bring back rampages so maybe they could create something new. I was thinking they can make standoffs/heists.

Standoffs- Standoffs would be like rampages except you can use any weapon you'd like the purpose would be to get a certain number of stars once the stars are acquired. You must hold off the police for a certain amount of time. Then the police retreat for a small window of time while they call backup. This is time you have to use to escape and succed.

Heists- Are essentially the same thing except you dont have to build your wanted level or fight off the cops for a certain amount of time. Heist usually involve you robbing banks and cracking safes. The police wont retreat.

Both of these modes would be available online aswell in a 2-8 player co-op. Some of the harder heist would require more team members.

a3HeadedMonkey
I didn't miss the rampages that much, they were pretty cool and all but I think they were pretty arcadey, and I don't think they would fit GTA anymore. Actually maybe they could still be a part of GTA, but not if it was a floating skull icon just sitting there. Maybe they could have a serial killer in the game, who sets you kill challenges or something.

So it could be triggered by a phone box, you hear it ringing and you pick it up. Then the guy says "there's a gun around the corner, pick it up and kill x amount of people within x amount or time".

Totally agree with you. I'd like to see rampages back for traditions sake, but it needs to fit in the more believable universe that's been created. A big floating disc would be wrong. Perhaps there could be a rampage random ped that is in certain alleys & locations. If they brought back the positive/negative reply mechanic from SA, you could press right on the d-pad to accept the rampage. He could be wearing a cap or something with a little easter egg of the rampage logo somewhere on it. smile.gif