Mouse not woking properly

C.R.A.C.K

Hi everyone,

I'm not using my pc daily form couple of weeks,

When I used my pc on last monday the mouse was working properly,

but when I used my pc after that the cursor was jumping from places, moveing slow like it happens on not proper flat surface, it happens every time when I use my pc

Its a Logitec mouse donno the model name, I buyed it last year.

Any help really appreciated.

Sorry for my bad English.

First thing I'd do is to try plugging it into a different USB port.

the first thing I did was chainging the ports, I tried every port but no solution.

Uninstall the drivers. Be sure to restart after, see if that fixes anything.

Get a plain simple mouse and see what happens with that. If at all possible a PS/2 mouse, hopefully your PC still has a port in the back for that.

I cant reinstall the driver the driver disc is somewhere messed up.

I tried to use a book insteed of a mate and the mouse was working fine(cursor jumps rarely).

P.s I dont use any kinda mate under my mouse simply I use it on table.

Yes you can...it's called to going to Logitech's website and get the latest drivers, which you might need to do anyway.

However you don't need the mouse drivers directly for that mouse. When you uninstall the Logitech drivers Windows will use default drivers and that's what uninstalling the Logitech drivers will prove, if it's a software issue or not.

The table is causing it? Odd. Exactly which Logitech mouse is it and what is the table surface made of?

Tried but it says no Softwere avilable to download, the table surface is made of fine wood.

I will try to test my mice on my pals pc, and his mice on my pc.

Lets see the outcome.

P.s now the same maddness is happening with use of a mate.

Explain that last part.

I am going to go out on a limb here. I believe I have experienced a similar problem based on your explination, which I managed to easily fix.

It might not be a software issue. Look at the under-side of your mouse, the laser could be dirty. I found the most effective way to clean it is with a can of compressed air, a few blasts should remove the film of dust covering the laser's lens.

I was worried my mouse was defective, but after doing this it worked flawlessly again.

If this helped at all, I would recommend buying a new mouse pad, gritty surfaces will make this problem return more frequently, and be sure to clean the laser every once in a while. The performance difference is just remarkable.

I hope this helped, if anything else try using the mouse on different surfaces and on other computers. Eliminate any variables. Also, buy a proper microfiber mouse pad, they are inexpensive and your mouse preference will be far superior.

Edited by agent17

Explain that last part.

I believe what he wants to say is 'mouse pad', which he is referring to as a 'mat' (misspelled as mate).

agent17 might be right. If it happens with a mouse pad too, then there could be dust lodged on the laser.

Also, lol@mice tounge.gif

If you go to the logitech site, the site uses 'Mice' insteed of 'Mouse', so got that flow.

@Agent17 A new mice pad fixed it and your tips.

Now my mice also works flawlessly again.

Thankyou all. icon14.gif

Edited by C.R.A.C.K