Do you think Rockstar will eventually remake GTA?

WhistleBlower

WhistleBlower

Do you think that, given Rockstar's trend of sticking with the same three locations since the series' genesis (excluding GTA 2 and the London mission packs), that they'll eventually remake GTA without any real technical shortcomings? Or do you think they'll break that trend and render new cities and states instead?

Edited by WhistleBlower

dude gt ready to get flamed cuz i made a topic like this 2 months ago n everyone was callig me retard n stuff

Anyway prob for a new era

user posted image

WhistleBlower
dude gt ready to get flamed cuz i made a topic like this 2 months ago n everyone was callig me retard n stuff

Anyway prob for a new era

Well, of course I'm talking about a new era, lol. And if people can only reply with insults then that says more about them than the actual thread.

Snake Without a Tongue

There are only so many states to be parodied. But every generation of console will be able to render Liberty City (for example) in different and better ways. It depends on the life span on the franchise.

I just want to see Vice City and San Andreas one more time in 4 era and in modern days like IV, .... just one more time, that's all I want. After that R* can make other city's.

I just want to see Vice City and San Andreas one more time in 4 era and in modern days like IV, .... just one more time, that's all I want. After that R* can make other city's.

Sums up this whole thread.

The 4 era was a big leap and to have that in previous cities would be amazing. After that though it would get tiresome and new cities would be better.

Harwood Butch3r

Actually I agree. I would love to see a new city, but I think it would be appropriate to see current gen versions of VC, and SA to go along with LC.

After that start a new era with completely new cities.

Tha Lunatic 510

I guess I'll be the first to reply on topic..

will they remake GTA? if you mean remake the original GTA, then yes but not yet.. it's able to be done for the PC and PS3 but the Xbox discs are not able to support the memory it needs for it yet (but they are working on it) once the next generation of consoles hit, I believe there definitely will be a GTA 1 style with all 3 cities at once

will they take it to different cities? well, I'm not sure.. maybe this is all it will be.. Liberty City, Vice City, and San Andreas over and over again with the occasional London expansion.. that's the way it's been since the beginning and it may never change... there won't be an "Anywhere City" as that was a futuristic Liberty City anyway

what I know- the Housers love New York City and Dan Houser really likes California.. which is why they love doing games based in those locations so they will never abandon those cities for good (especially Liberty City)

what I believe- San Andreas/California, Liberty City/New York City, and Miami/Vice City all have things they specialize in.. certain types of crime, people, gangs, and etc. that separates them from other cities. London also. So other than either China or Japan, if you've seen one, you've seen them all. And the Houser's haven't familiarize themselves with the Asian countries yet.

Really no point in remake the games before Gta3 as it was basically just a name back then.Hope they do the remakes now and then move on with it and create new cities.i love to see a full blown remake off that westcoat again hopefully without that ugly ugly yellow tint IV had.

TrevorSpeed914

I wouldn't mind seeing the top down games redone into a DS game with Chinatown War graphics, but I think if the basic games were just done in 3D, even with Ps1 era graphics (Spyro, for instance), I'd buy it.

BUT! I would LOVE to see the GTA 3 era completely remade - Better graphics, same story, added stuff. For those who believe GTA 4 is already a remake... You're far off the marker. GTA 3 had a darkness and ambient quality that I have never seen in any other game. Vice City had the glamor, nightlife feeling... San Andreas has so much in it, it's something Rockstar will never equal again.

GTA 4 is its own animal, and Rockstar is perfectly capable of redoing the old games while still making new games: THEY HAVE MANY BRANCHES.

nWf Nemesis

pardon me if thats has been mentioned b4 but wasnt the third city in gta1 san francisco? (i think its spelt wrong) that hasnt been covered yet id like 2 see that it would b a great place, all those hills and docks would make a very good setting.

pardon me if thats has been mentioned b4 but wasnt the third city in gta1 san francisco? (i think its spelt wrong) that hasnt been covered yet id like 2 see that it would b a great place, all those hills and docks would make a very good setting.

GTA1 was Liberty City (NYC and New Jersey), San Andreas (San Francisco), and Vice City (Miami-Dade County).

At least as long as the current Houser-led team is in place, Rockstar will not do any true remakes (like GoldenEye or Tomb Raider Anniversary). GTA IV is as close to a remake of GTA III as they would do, and it's only a remake in the sense that if Rockstar did GTA III now, it would be GTA IV. GTA III has two major concepts that Rockstar has abandoned: a completely imaginary city not based on any specific place, and a player avatar with no dialog or history so the player can imagine whatever they want. GTA IV expresses the extreme opposite of those concepts.

TrevorSpeed914
At least as long as the current Houser-led team is in place, Rockstar will not do any true remakes (like GoldenEye or Tomb Raider Anniversary). GTA IV is as close to a remake of GTA III as they would do, and it's only a remake in the sense that if Rockstar did GTA III now, it would be GTA IV. GTA III has two major concepts that Rockstar has abandoned: a completely imaginary city not based on any specific place, and a player avatar with no dialog or history so the player can imagine whatever they want. GTA IV expresses the extreme opposite of those concepts.

I disagree. Rockstar is perfectly capable of remaking at least one game, and it would probably be GTA 3. They have more than one branch - Japan, Leeds, Lincoln, London, New England, North, San Diego, Toronto, and Vancouver. With that many offices and employees, they can certainly work on GTA 5 and a remake. The remake would not take long, considering the model for the original Liberty City would only need a RAGE makeover, a few added weapons, vehicles, mini games (Which I never play), and original voice overs... I could see it as a cheap and quick project that would make Rockstar more money than the original GTA 3.

But... Where have you read or seen that Rockstar would be unwilling to remake a game?

Liberty City was based on New York, New Jersey, etc. It wasn't really imaginary, because they did base it on something. It may not have been totally specific, but not every detail of GTA 4 matches New York.

They can give Claude a history if they wanted to, but why wouldn't Rockstar just leave him the way he is? How do you know they have no interest in that again? Did Dan and Sam sign a contract saying they wouldn't? Is it set in stone?

But... Where have you read or seen that Rockstar would be unwilling to remake a game?

Liberty City was based on New York, New Jersey, etc. It wasn't really imaginary, because they did base it on something. It may not have been totally specific, but not every detail of GTA 4 matches New York.

They can give Claude a history if they wanted to, but why wouldn't Rockstar just leave him the way he is? How do you know they have no interest in that again? Did Dan and Sam sign a contract saying they wouldn't? Is it set in stone?

This seems like a pretty solid "no".

We spend years of our lives making these worlds we don't want to retread old ground and "up-res" something we had already done, that would be soul destroying.

IGN, April 21, 2008

TrevorSpeed914

Thanks for the facts instead of the sh*t, friend. A little bronze is appreciated among vermin.

I can still see them doing it for the same reason directors, musicians, and artists change their minds: Money, boredom, etc. I can't play GTA 3 on my PS3, don't wanna play it on my computer, and would love to see even a half@$$ed update for the console. I see it happening someday - Just not today.