Music Survey

Tyler

Special thanks to Pandazoot for giving me a few questions to spark off of for this. Music is a big passion of mine, just like I'm sure it is with most of you reading this. So, in the interest of organisation and taste, I'd like to know what your guy's preferences are for music. Just copy the form and fill 'er out.

Basic info:

•What's your favourite artist ever?

•What's your favourite album ever?

•What's your favourite track ever?

•What's your least favourite track ever?

•What's your favourite music genre?

•What's your favourite album artwork?

•What's your favourite musical instrument?

•What's your favourite artist to see live?

Songs:

•Happiest song you've ever heard?

•What song makes you angriest?

•Saddest song you've ever heard?

•What song calms you down the most?

•What song makes you wanna dance most?

•A song that you can truly relate to?

Bands:

•Who's your favourite singer?

•Who's your favourite bassist?

•Who's your favourite pianist?

•Who's your favourite guitarist?

•Who's your favourite drummer?

•Who's your favourite rapper?

•Who's your favourite club disc jockey?

(feel free to add more if I missed one)

Misc:

•Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands?

•What did you listen to as a younger child?

•How did you get interested in what you listen to now?

•If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be?

•What's your opinion on music today?

[b]Basic info:[/b][*][b]What's your favourite artist ever?[/b][*][b]What's your favourite album ever?[/b][*][b]What's your favourite track ever?[/b][*][b]What's your least favourite track ever?[/b][*][b]What's your favourite music genre?[/b][*][b]What's your favourite album artwork?[/b][*][b]What's your favourite musical instrument?[/b][*][b]What's your favourite artist to see live?[/b][b]Songs:[/b][*][b]Happiest song you've ever heard?[/b][*][b]What song makes you angriest?[/b][*][b]Saddest song you've ever heard?[/b][*][b]What song calms you down the most?[/b][*][b]What song makes you wanna dance most?[/b][*][b]A song that you can truly relate to?[/b][b]Bands:[/b][*][b]Who's your favourite singer?[/b][*][b]Who's your favourite bassist?[/b][*][b]Who's your favourite pianist?[/b][*][b]Who's your favourite guitarist?[/b][*][b]Who's your favourite drummer?[/b][*][b]Who's your favourite rapper?[/b][*][b]Who's your favourite club disc jockey?[/b][b]Misc:[/b][*][b]Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands?[/b][*][b]What did you listen to as a younger child?[/b][*][b]How did you get interested in what you listen to now?[/b][*][b]If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be?[/b][*][b]What's your opinion on music today?[/b]

Edited by Unoriginal44

kzgN7qp.png

asic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? I have a few, but if I had to choose one, Ice Cube since I started listen to Hip Hop because of him.

What's your favourite album ever? Hard questions, so I just choose The Predator by IC.

What's your favourite track ever? Dance With The Devil by Immortal Technique, even if IC is my favorite artist. I like many!

What's your least favourite track ever? Friday by Rebecca Black.

What's your favourite music genre? Hip Hop.

What's your favourite album artwork? I never buy albums tounge.gif

What's your favourite musical instrument?Piano.

What's your favourite artist to see live?Dunno, there are thousands of good artist out there.

Songs:

Happiest song you've ever heard? That ''Don't worry be happy'' song biggrin.gif

What song makes you angriest?Baby by Justin Bieber.

Saddest song you've ever heard?Dance With The Devil by IT.

What song calms you down the most?Chwila by Numer Raz (Polish)

What song makes you wanna dance most?Anything by DJ Tiesto, Techno is my 2nd favorite genre.

A song that you can truly relate to?No Comment tounge.gif

That's all for now, I finish the others later.

Ooh this should be fun, I'll have a go at filling it out.

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? It's between Meat Loaf & Dream Theater, very hard to pick between them two.

What's your favourite album ever? Bat Out Of Hell 2 - Meat Loaf

What's your favourite track ever? Bat Out Of Hell - Meat Loaf

What's your least favourite track ever? Honestly couldn't say.

What's your favourite music genre? Progressive Rock/Metal

What's your favourite album artwork? Again back to Meat Loaf but Bat Out Hell 2s is pretty damn epic.

What's your favourite musical instrument? Guitar

What's your favourite artist to see live? Dream Theater/Meat Loaf.

Songs:

Happiest song you've ever heard? Will come back when I can think of something.

What song makes you angriest? Will come back when I can think of something.

Saddest song you've ever heard? Through Her Eyes by Dream Theater is quite sad, Objects In The Rear View Mirror by Meat Loaf is probably my favourite 'Sad' song though.

What song calms you down the most? Shine On You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd

What song makes you wanna dance most? Livin On A Prayer by Bon Jovi always works.

A song that you can truly relate to? Will come back when I can think of something.

Bands:

Who's your favourite singer? Between Meat Loaf, James Labrie and Bruce Dickinson

Who's your favourite bassist? N/A

Who's your favourite pianist? N/A

Who's your favourite guitarist? John Petrucci or David Gilmour.

Who's your favourite drummer? N/A

Note: Reason I put N/A for Bassist/Pianist/Drummer is because I don't really know enough about the instruments technically and don't really have a favourite as such for them.

Misc:

Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands?

In terms of popularity or fan approval perhaps not but depending on who is involved they could work better. That isn't to say supergroups don't work in general, they do but there will always be a large group of fans that prefer the original groups. This especially applies if the supergroups music is different from that of the original and separate bands. A big factor in a supergroup will of course be the individual band members egos, Transatlantic works because Portnoy, Morse, Stolt and Trewavas all get along but I can't imagine something a project with Axl Rose, Eddie Van Halen, etc working very well due to the egos being off the charts.

What did you listen to as a younger child?

The three constants throughout my music listening have always been Genesis (We Can't Dance album), Meat Loaf & Jeff Waynes Musical Version of War of The Worlds. However aside from these I didn't really get passionate about music until the age of 16 so as a child growing up I would stick to those three and occaisionally I listened to whatever pop acts were around at the time.

How did you get interested in what you listen to now?

When I was 16 my Dad got me interested in Led Zeppelin, from there I got into Pink Floyd and Dire Straits. A friend I knew got me into Dream Theater thinking I would like them due to me liking Pink Floyd, I fell in love with the Octavarium album and became a massive DT fan. This lead to me looking into more Metal/Prog acts, thanks to people on this forum I got into Opeth, Iron Maiden, Rush, Metallica, Between The Buried & Me and thanks to looking into the DT members influences and side projects I got into Ayreon, Transatlantic, Yes, King Crimson, Black Country Communion.

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be?

Pink Floyd in their prime would be an amazing show to see.

What's your opinion on music today?

Some of it is decent, I enjoy listening to Lady Gaga and while most would count her as a 'Guilty Pleasure' I'm not really ashamed at all to admit that. I'm also a fan of My Chemical Romance who I recently saw live and really enjoyed. Besides that a lot of what is in the charts doesn't interest me too much, it just doesn't appeal to me. With this if you are willing to look you can easily find music you can enjoy anywhere, Last.Fm is great for finding new artists based on what you like, Spotify allows you to try before you buy quite easily and forums with sections for music are a great resources. So with these resources I think music today is in great shape and there is a lot of choice for anyone no matter what genre they enjoy.

Jimmy_Leppard

What's your favourite artist ever? Joe Satriani

•What's your favourite album ever? Surfing with the alien (Joe Satriani)

•What's your favourite track ever? Altitudes (Jason Becker)

•What's your least favourite track ever? I don't know.

•What's your favourite music genre? Instrumental rock and Neo classical metal

•What's your favourite album artwork? Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop

•What's your favourite musical instrument? Electric guitar

•What's your favourite artist to see live? Joe Satriani

Songs:

•Happiest song you've ever heard? I get around (The Beach Boys)

•What song makes you angriest? Any song by Justin Bieber.

•Saddest song you've ever heard? Altitudes (Jason Becker)

•What song calms you down the most? Don't cry (Guns N Roses)

•What song makes you wanna dance most? New shoes blues (Tommy Emmanuel)

•A song that you can truly relate to? Altitudes (Jason Becker)

Bands:

•Who's your favourite singer? Jon Bon Jovi

•Who's your favourite bassist? Stuart Hamm

•Who's your favourite pianist? Don't have one.

•Who's your favourite guitarist? Joe Satriani and Jason Becker

•Who's your favourite drummer? Don't have one.

•Who's your favourite rapper? I don't listen to rap.

•Who's your favourite club disc jockey? Don't have one.

(feel free to add more if I missed one)

Misc:

•Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands?

No.

Billy Idol, Fleetwood Mac, The Beach Boys etc.

I started playing guitar when I heard the first chords of Ac Dc. That brought me to hard rock and blues rock. Then I heard Jimi Hendrix. Then Instrumental rock and blues completely took over. Some time after, as my musical knowledge and my musical ear started to become bigger and better, I wanted to hear something more. I wanted to explore the guitar and extract everything from it. That brought me to the genre of music that requires emotions, feelings and heart. Neo classical metal.

•If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be?

Probably Jason Becker. He is a genius. He composed masterpieces at the age of 16. Unfortunately, he got ALS. Today, he can't move anything but his eyes. Really sad.

It sucks. Big time. Why? People don't care for music anymore. Everything is about the money. After the 80's, music died. There is no dedication, feelings, emotions. Just look at the top lists. Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black, Lady GaGa? I mean, what the hell?? The way I look at music is that it's the only thing that is perfect, besides God. And what these so called ''artists'' do to music today is abnormal. Music meant something a while back. Today is just another form of money.

Basic info:

•What's your favourite artist ever? Daft Punk (heheh)

•What's your favourite album ever? Propellerheads – Decksandrumsandrockandroll

•What's your favourite track ever? Infected Mushroom - Sa'eed

•What's your least favourite track ever? -

•What's your favourite music genre? Electro house

•What's your favourite album artwork? 1, 2, 3, 4

•What's your favourite musical instrument? -

•What's your favourite artist to see live? Daft Punk, Rise Against, Unwritten Law

Songs:

•Happiest song you've ever heard? Yelle - Je Veux te Toir

•What song makes you angriest? SebastiAn - Dog (not angry, pumped)

•Saddest song you've ever heard? The Offspring - Gone Away, Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip - Magicians Assistant

•What song calms you down the most? BT - Good Morning Kaia, Emancipator - Maps

•What song makes you wanna dance most? Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz - Get Low

•A song that you can truly relate to? The Crystal Method - Drown in the Now

Bands:

•Who's your favourite singer? -

•Who's your favourite bassist? -

•Who's your favourite pianist? -

•Who's your favourite guitarist? -

•Who's your favourite drummer? -

•Who's your favourite rapper? -

•Who's your favourite club disc jockey? -

Misc:

Pretty much no.

Mainly punk and a bit of nu metal. I still have all that stuff on my media player and still listen to it for the memories.

Recommendations from friends. A vast majority of my favourite artists today (Daft Punk, Pendulum, Boys Noize, etc) were recommended to me. There's also video games and movie soundtracks. And there's been at least a few artists (Does It Offend You, Yeah, Tinie Tempah) that I've listened to after seeing them on Never Mind The Buzzcocks.

Can't go past the opportunity to see Daft Punk again. Wowser.

In hindsight it'll be seen as of higher quality than what we perceive of it today.

A heavily trimmed version here, a lot of these questions are too wide to be answered, really.

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? Way too wide to answer.

What's your favourite album ever? Kanye's Graduation or Foreign Exchange's Connected. Once again, I'm not sure how to answer such a wide question.

What's your least favourite track ever? Rick Roll and all the overplayed meme bullsh*t.

What's your favourite music genre? Rap's dominant, but not singularly a favorite.

What's your favourite musical instrument? Guitar.

What's your favourite artist to see live? All of 'em.

Songs:

Saddest song you've ever heard? Variance by Aether.

What song calms you down the most? Delegation's classic

A song that you can truly relate to? Kanye's

, honestly.

Misc:

What did you listen to as a younger child? 80's rock as a kid.

How did you get interested in what you listen to now? Through soundtracks and such, I'd guess.

What's your opinion on music today? The greatest of music lives underground nowadays - when people say today's music suck, they should think twice. It's not like the old ways are automatically the best.

Edited by Cheat

8wjrzl.png

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? Solo artist? John Frusciante. Band would probably be The Strokes.

What's your favourite album ever? In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel

What's your favourite track ever? You Only Live Once by The Strokes

What's your least favourite track ever? Not too sure really.

What's your favourite music genre? 'Indie' or alt rock, whatever it's called now. And rock in general.

What's your favourite album artwork? Probably the Neutral Milk hotel album I listed above, looks like a postcard from the 1930s or something. Worst one, I'd have to say, is the recent Angles artowkr for the Strokes' new album. Looks like some MS Paint attempt at recreating the '80s by a 6 year old. Oh, just remembered Sgt. Pepper's and Abbey Road gotta be amongst my fav artwork too.

What's your favourite musical instrument? Guitar, acoustic or electric. The trumpet also sounds kinda cool, I'd like to learn.

What's your favourite artist to see live? I'd love to go see Jeff Mangum.

Songs:

Happiest song you've ever heard? Fight Test and Do You Realise?, both by Flaming Lips put smiles on my face, King of the Beach by Wavves.

What song makes you angriest? Dunno about making me angry, but The Rat by The Walkmen is a bitter/angry song lyrically. Oh, and Tame by Pixies.

Saddest song you've ever heard? Angeles by Elliot Smith, The Mirror by John Frusciante. Both a bit of a downer. Also Elizabeth on the Bathroom Floor by Eels.

What song calms you down the most? After Hours by the Velvet Underground has a relaxing vibe to it and Scenic World by Beirut.

What song makes you wanna dance most? Man with no rhythym but I will flail my limbs in some fashion after a few drinks. Two Doors Down by the Mystery Jets, Under Cover of Darkness by the Strokes when it's been on in places recently, bunch of others that I cannit recall.

A song that you can truly relate to? Hmmn, not sure.

Bands:

Who's your favourite singer? Julian Casablancas, Regina Spektor.

Who's your favourite bassist? I don't know a whole lot about bass, but I'd say Flea from RHCP's pretty good and Peter Hook from Joy Division.

Who's your favourite pianist? Regina Spektor per'aps, been listening to a lot of her recently.

Who's your favourite guitarist? John Frusciante and Hendrix.

Who's your favourite drummer? Again, not all up too scratch on drummers.

Who's your favourite rapper? I used to listen to a lot of hip hop, not so much now. I gay Jay Z and Kanye used to be my favs, but Kanye has changed a lot, still good though. Nas too per'aps.

Who's your favourite club disc jockey? Not my scene really.

Misc:

Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands? I thought Audioslave were pretty poor, Rage were way better. Velvet Revolver kinda sucked too, but then I'm not too keen on Guns n Roses too much either. Didn't know Bad Company were a supergroup, but they're alright from what I recall hearing - see below.

What did you listen to as a younger child? Mostly what my dad listened to in the car and whatnot, so a lot of Free, Bad Company, and loads of Journey.

How did you get interested in what you listen to now? Spotify and other internet stuff like last.fm, also word of mouth from friends and some things from movie soundtracks.

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? The Strokes, hopefully see 'em if/when they announce a tour.

What's your opinion on music today? It's still good, you've just gotta look for it a bit harder.

Edited by mark-2007
user posted image

Oh, okay. I'm going to regret doing this because I'll come back in a week's time and go "oh crap, why didn't I put that instead?" which is what usually happens with my music taste anyway.

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever?

Buckethead, he's been with me through thick and thin.

What's your favourite album ever?

Very hard to pick. I have three in constant rotation. However, the one that usually stays at the top is Frank Zappa's "Hot Rats".

What's your favourite track ever?

Another hard one. I don't have favourite songs. They change depending on my mood.

What's your least favourite track ever?

Anything by Bruno Mars, I just don't like his voice, cuts through me me a bullet striking a chalkboard.

What's your favourite music genre?

I have a few, but I'd go so far as to say ambient/noise/experimental do it for me.

What's your favourite album artwork?

The album art for Venetian Snares' "Horse And Goat". A link to the Wiki page is here, but if I turn out to be breaking any rules by posting it I'll gladly edit it out.

What's your favourite musical instrument?

I could say something like drums or guitar, or maybe even a woodwind instrument, but I recently discovered an instrument called a

which is essentially a stripped down upright bass with a whammy attached. I don't know if he invented it, but Les Claypool certainly popularized it. I say "popularized", I don't actually know how "popular" it is. Another one is something called The Magic Pipe, played by a musician called That 1 Guy. It's

What's your favourite artist to see live?

I don't really like live shows. I have to really like the band and really want to see them. I know it seems like the ideal criteria anyway, but I have to really want to go. I find them uncomfortable, sweaty places at the best of times.

Songs:

Happiest song you've ever heard?

I don't really know. I don't grade music by the emotions they stir up inside me. I just stick it on and listen to it. If it makes me happy, great. If it puts me in a mellow mood, that's fine too. Having said that, I discovered Animal Collective's

from their album "Strawberry Jam" and it's just so uplifting that I have the feeling I could listen to it anytime and not feel sad or annoyed.

What song makes you angriest?

Without a shadow of a doubt, anything by Merzbow. I love the man to pieces and I love his music, but I can get worked up just listening to anything by him if I wanted to. I usually have it on in the background but when I really tune in I get so angry. The best thing about it he has around 300 albums, so finding something new to listen to isn't hard.

Saddest song you've ever heard?

I don't know really. If I go off anything recently, it's probably going to be

by Johnny Cash. Like I said, I don't go off music based on the emotion and I tend not to think about it, I just judge it on whether I enjoy it or not. I have a feeling it's supposed to be an uplifting song, but Johnny Cash has this voice that could make a children's party invitation sound like a funeral.

What song calms you down the most?

I'm big into ambient music so a lot of that helps. The one I find helps a lot is

by Ray Lynch. I have trouble sleeping at the best of times and I work permanent nights, so drifting off can be hard when it's daylight by the time you get into bed. It's nice to have something to get lost in, however minimal it sounds.

What song makes you wanna dance most?

An odd choice, but anytime I want to get up, move and really let some energy out is

by Wu Tang Clan. Anytime I hear it I go into hip-hop mode, pulling on my balaclava and belting the words out.

A song that you can truly relate to?

Erm. I don't know any. I don't really relate to music because I don't feel like any song's been written for me. I think if I had a really sh*tty life I'd find a song that matches how I feel but at the moment things are going great. I'll probably regret this answer because I'll have my iPod on later after a few beers and find the perfect song, but at the moment, no, nothing.

Bands:

Who's your favourite singer?

As in, who has the best voice? I'd have to say Captain Beefheart or Little Richard, their voices are just mindblowing. I'm going easy on the YouTube links because I'm sick of looking for examples, but they aren't that hard to dig up.

Who's your favourite bassist?

Probably Les Claypool, only real reason being his technique. I know it isn't anything new or exciting, but combine that with his energy, voice and just how easy he makes it looks and he's just miles ahead. As for a close second, I'd say Squarepusher.

Who's your favourite pianist?

Probably Nils Frahm, for this beautiful track called

. He may not be the most skillful compared to musicians in the classical era, but to me the piano isn't about what you can play or how good you are. It's about what gets stirred up in the process and what they actually do. This does it for me every single time.

Who's your favourite guitarist?

Buckethead, no question, he can go from funk to metal to jazz to absolute spastic guitar gymnastic without any warning. A true genius.

Who's your favourite drummer?

Probably Brian Chippendale from the band Lighting Bolt. He's fast, frantic and fills every second of silence with sound. I'm not suggesting that's what makes him the best because any idiot can do that, but the skill that's coupled along with it is amazing to watch and listen to.

an appearance from them on the late John Peel's radio show a few years back.

Who's your favourite rapper?

Probably MF DOOM. Aside from churning out tracks with quality lyrics like Gazillion Ear he produces beats of such relaxing, sublime quality you could just get lost in them, like

. I said I'd go easy on the YouTube links. That clearly failed.

Who's your favourite club disc jockey?

DJ Lobsterdust. It isn't usually my scene, but he exclusively makes mash-ups which are just phenomenal to listen to, especially when you know both songs. It can be a trip if you don't. He has a website and has them to download for free. I gave a load of them to my mum's boyfriend who does a bit of DJing in local pubs. Watching drunk women go to sing the words and then hear a completely different song is priceless. I love f*cking about with music sometimes.

Misc:

Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands?

I wouldn't say work better, but they attract the fanbase from each band they've been involved in so I wouldn't say they don't work either.

What did you listen to as a younger child?

Metal mainly, first album I ever bought was Slipknot's self-titled. My mum hated it.

How did you get interested in what you listen to now?

I've no idea. I got into Zappa from my dad, and drew an interest in jazz from just being exposed to it occasionally. I think I grew fond of hip-hop through wishing to be a black man.

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be?

Again, probably Frank Zappa, he was a damn fine showman as well as a talented musician.

What's your opinion on music today?

It sells and it's doing well, so it doesn't matter how bad I think it is. I'm not exactly fond of it, but there's some great stuff floating around out there. It's just that sometimes the bad outweighs the good because you notice the bad a lot more.

Edited by Craig

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? Kraftwerk

What's your favourite album ever? The Man Machine by Kraftwerk or Techno Pop by Kraftwerk, or Tour de France Soundtracks by Kraftwerk

What's your favourite track ever? Too many to list one.

What's your least favourite track ever? Too many to list one.

What's your favourite music genre? Electronic (yeah, I know that's quite a broad term)

What's your favourite album artwork?

What's your favourite musical instrument? Piano

What's your favourite artist to see live? Kraftwerk

Songs:

Happiest song you've ever heard? Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta

What song makes you angriest? N/A

Saddest song you've ever heard? Gary Jules - Mad World

What song calms you down the most? Anything by Ludovico Einaudi, as well as slow, calm pieces like Mad World.

What song makes you wanna dance most? Anything with a hard beat, hardstyle, schranz, also electro.

A song that you can truly relate to? Well, I wish I could relate to Sebastien Tellier's La Ritournelle.

Bands:

Who's your favourite singer? N/A

Who's your favourite bassist? N/A

Who's your favourite pianist? Ludovico Einaudi

Who's your favourite guitarist? N/A

Who's your favourite drummer? N/A

Who's your favourite rapper? N/A

Who's your favourite club disc jockey? N/A

Misc:

Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands? N/A

What did you listen to as a younger child? Kraftwerk and Latvian music (Tumsa, Prāta Vētra (Brainstorm)).

How did you get interested in what you listen to now? YouTube, occasionally movies, etc.

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? Kraftwerk.

What's your opinion on music today? Mainstream music is mostly terrible, though that doesn't mean there aren't any good bands or artists left.

We will be the arms that lift you up oqKntbC.gifWe will be the hand that strike you down

Haha, Craig, I'm basically in a similar ride for music. I'm constantly changing my favourites and finding new music I thought was once terrible. Overall I've got a pretty still list of favourites though, and since I made this topic I guess it's fair to take the survey myself.

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? Solo: Jim Croce, Band: Red Hot Chili Peppers

What's your favourite album ever? Has to be either Avenged Sevenfold's City of Evil album or Soundgarden's Superunknown. Both of them are completely, inside and out, enjoyable to the last second of play-time.

What's your favourite track ever? Honestly, that's a ball-buster question. For right now, I can't seem to get enough of Doesn't Remind Me , from Audioslave.

What's your least favourite track ever? Probably anything from Newfound Glory. The band itself is fine, but the lead singer's voice is worse than Wheatus'.

What's your favourite music genre? Overall, it'd have to be alternative rock from the 90s and 00s, being as I grew up with it and can always go back to it.

What's your favourite album artwork? Crack the Sky - Mastadon Album

What's your favourite musical instrument? I'd say either Trumpet or Harmonica, because I can play both to a degree and I can't ever get enough of their sounds. tounge.gif

What's your favourite artist to see live? Unfortunately I've not seen many bands live, nor have I been able to see my favourite acts. Though from the concerts I have seen, Kansas played just as well as they sound in their studio versions, and that's pretty amazing, considering their age.

Songs:

What song makes you angriest? Anything by the artist 'Drake'. His voice is on a scale of annoyance comparable to a drunk friend hassling you while he pukes in your cupholder and demands you open the window so he can piss on someone's mailbox.

Saddest song you've ever heard? Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley I know it's cliché, f*ck you.

A song that you can truly relate to? It might be odd that I can relate to a grunge song, but

is pretty relevant to me. I've had situations where start a day hopeful and thinking I'll do something amazing, then fail and promise to try it again another day. tounge.gif

Bands:

Who's your favourite singer? Either Chris Cornell or Tim McIlrath (Rise Against)

Who's your favourite bassist? I'll throw down Justin Chancellor from Tool.

Who's your favourite pianist? Well I really don't know much in the way of Pianists so I'll go with Billy Joel to add someone relevant.

Who's your favourite guitarist? John Frusciante or Tom Morello, hands down

Who's your favourite drummer? Neil Peart or Chad Smith

Who's your favourite rapper? Scarface or Willie D from Geto Boys

Who's your favourite club disc jockey? Really not my scene for now tounge.gif

Misc:

Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands? I think it works in some cases, like Audioslave and Crosby, Stills Nash and Young. Other times it just doesn't capture it's original fanbases well enough to continue on.

What did you listen to as a younger child? My first years were spent listening to music that was on the radio and things my Mom and her friends found to be good. Don Henley, Eagles, Barry Manilow to Incubus, Third Eye Blind, 311, REM, Nirvana, Metallica, etc

How did you get interested in what you listen to now? Like I said, my Mom listened to all that, and her childhood experiences is what encouraged me to listen to a lot more bands from the 'heartland rock' era, like Tom Petty, the Marshall Tucker Band, Allman Brothers, CCR and such. Eventually I switched over to the heavier sound and got in tune with modern metal, through some assistance from friends at the time. I reverted back to psychedelic music for a bit, and then came home to the 90s music I originally knew and loved, as well as industrial rock like NIN and Tool.

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? I'd love to see the Doors, but failing that I'd go for Red Hot Chili Peppers

What's your opinion on music today? Some of it's really good and some of it's a bit iffy. I'm a bit miffed that people like Holly Brook aren't known in the public eye as well as they are in the industry (she originally wrote love the way you lie, and many other rap hits out today). I'm happy bands continue to move and create good music, and I'm eager to see where music takes us.

kzgN7qp.png

What's your least favourite track ever? Probably anything from Newfound Glory. The band itself is fine, but the lead singer's voice is worse than Wheatus'.

I got him to sign my tits*. We share the same name.

Truth.

*not my actual tits

Vanilla Shake

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? Pink Floyd

What's your favourite album ever? "Animals" by Pink Floyd

What's your favourite track ever? "Sheep" by Pink Floyd

What's your least favourite track ever? That's a toughie

What's your favourite music genre? Rock

What's your favourite album artwork? "Insomniac" by Green Day

What's your favourite musical instrument? Drums/guitar

What's your favourite artist to see live? Green Day

Songs:

Happiest song you've ever heard? "Maver" by Stone Temple Pilots

What song makes you angriest? "X.Y.U." by The Smashing Pumpkins

Saddest song you've ever heard? "Disarm" by The Smashing Pumpkins

What song calms you down the most? "New York State of Mind" by Billy Joel

What song makes you wanna dance most? "Dance Hall Days" by Wang Chung

A song that you can truly relate to? "Thirty-Three" by The Smashing Pumpkins

Bands:

Who's your favourite singer? Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver, solo)

Who's your favourite bassist? Roger Waters (Pink Floyd, solo)

Who's your favourite pianist? Billy Joel

Who's your favourite guitarist? David Gilmour (Pink Floyd, solo)

Who's your favourite drummer? John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)

Who's your favourite rapper? Nas

Who's your favourite club disc jockey? Jaguar Skills / DJ Lobsterdust

Misc:

Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands? No.

What did you listen to as a younger child? Mostly metal. When I was younger, if it wasn't heavy I wasn't interested. Now I've grown.

How did you get interested in what you listen to now? My musical tastes just evolved as I grew older.

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? Pink Floyd.

What's your opinion on music today? Some of it's good, some of it's bad. If I don't like it, I don't listen to it. Simple as that.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

snip

Well I was happy to see another Unwritten Law fan, but now... I just... sneaky2.gif

Nah, I like a couple of their songs, but that song 'catalyst' got way too many plays and just got to the point of annoying.

kzgN7qp.png

Basic info:

My favorite artists change over time, either because they change their direction or they don't make music no more. My current one is Lupe Fiasco.

I don't really know, got a lot of'em

90's Hip Hop and some modern Hip Hop

Major Lazer's 'Guns Don't Kill People, Lazers Do'

Guitar, I used to play it along with the drums.

Lupe Fiasco

Songs:

Up, Up, and Away - Kid Cudi

I Tried - Bone Thugs N Harmony

Low - Flo Rida

Lose Yourself - Eminem

Bands:

Hayley Williams

Immortal Technique

Daft Punk

Misc

Some pop music and some boy bands like N Sync or Westlife

Mainly movies and games I guess, I pretty much watch a lot of black movies during age 9-15. Learned a lot about black culture.

My Chemical Romance or Sum 41

Just like most of the above posters said, some good, some bad. Mostly bad though.

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? Metallica \m/ \m/

What's your favourite album ever? 'Tallica's Master of Puppets. PERFECT

What's your favourite track ever? One is my favourite song from my favourite band.

They say I came out of the womb singin' it.

What's your least favourite track ever? Every Brtiney Spears song

What's your favourite music genre? ROCK/METAL/THRASH

What's your favourite album artwork? Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. What can I say? I live in an age where the album artwork is a JPEG.

What's your favourite musical instrument? The Guitar.

I've only seen 3 (Thw Who, AC/DC and Metallica) and Metallica rocked the most!

Songs:

Happiest song you've ever heard? I really don't know.

What song makes you angriest? Harvester of Sorrow by Metallica. makes me wanna beat the sh*t out of someone!

Saddest song you've ever heard? Way too many. This changes every bloody day.

What song makes you wanna dance most? Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice

Bands:

Who's your favourite singer? Robert Plant.

Who's your favourite bassist? Cliff Burton from Metallica R.I.P.

Who's your favourite pianist? Elton John

Who's your favourite guitarist? Jimi Hendrix and Randy Rhoads R.I.P.

Who's your favourite drummer? John 'BONZO' Bonham

Who's your favourite rapper? Vanilla Ice... nah. 2pac

Who's your favourite club disc jockey? Don't have one.....yet

Misc:

Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands? Yes.

What did you listen to as a younger child? My parents collection of Classic rock from the 60's and 70's.

How did you get interested in what you listen to now? Teen angst. I needed to find something a bit 'heavier'. So, I found Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Pantera, Megadeth. I still crave something heavier, but not as much now.

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? I really f*cking want to see Led Zeppelin in the late 70's. And Metallica in the late 80's and early 90's. Before James lost his voice.

What's your opinion on music today? It lacks someone who gives a sh*t!

Edited by ChossenOne
user posted image

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? I don't have one. I go back and forth between artists.

What's your favourite album ever? Same as the above.

What's your favourite track ever? View to a Kill by Duran Duran

What's your least favourite track ever? Friday, by Rebecca Black

What's your favourite music genre? Hard to say. anything from the 50s to the 90s really.

What's your favourite album artwork? I'm here for the music. Not the art.

What's your favourite musical instrument? I play the Drums, so it's obviously my favourite.

What's your favourite artist to see live? ELVIS!

Songs:

Happiest song you've ever heard? I'd probarbly say All Summer Long by Kid Rock

What song makes you angriest? No idea.

Saddest song you've ever heard? I've only heard this song a few times, but I'd have to say Like you'd never See Me Again by Alicia Keys.

What song calms you down the most? Ave Maria

What song makes you wanna dance most? Never Gonna Give you Up by Rick Astley tounge2.gif

A song that you can truly relate to? No idea.

Bands:

Who's your favourite guitarist? No Idea.....

Misc:

Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands? What?

What did you listen to as a younger child? The Wiggles!

How did you get interested in what you listen to now? From getting Rick Rolled.

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? The Rolling Stones most likley.

What's your opinion on music today? Autotuned crap that really only appeales to Teenage girls. But there is some good music nowadays.

Claude Speed.

Anything by Bruno Mars, I just don't like his voice, cuts through me me a bullet striking a chalkboard.

Lol, I was thinking about him when I saw this question and then I saw your post! lol.gif

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? Probably 4mat.

What's your favourite album ever? Surrender by 4mat

What's your favourite track ever? Blank Page by 4mat

What's your least favourite track ever? Couldn't say, because there's so much crap music.

What's your favourite music genre? Ambient or Chiptune

What's your favourite album artwork? None.

What's your favourite musical instrument? Synthesizers, analog synths.

What's your favourite artist to see live? Never been to a concert, not really.

Songs:

Happiest song you've ever heard? Happy songs don't really impress me much.

What song makes you angriest? Most stuff on TV.

Saddest song you've ever heard? Eternity by 4mat - so nostalgic!

- This is one of my all time favorites too!

What song makes you wanna dance most? Don't know.

A song that you can truly relate to? Meaning what? A song that has something to do with my life? I don't know.

Bands:

Who's your favourite singer? I don't listen to much music with lyrics.

Who's your favourite bassist? -

Who's your favourite pianist? -

Who's your favourite guitarist? -

Who's your favourite drummer? -

Who's your favourite rapper? Probably Dr Dre.

Who's your favourite club disc jockey? I don't go to clubs so I can't say.

Misc:

Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands? Never heard of them.

What did you listen to as a younger child? Commercial crap.

How did you get interested in what you listen to now? I was influenced by games, piracy, TV etc. I used to be a cock and despise modern music in general, but I learned better.

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? Kraftwerk

What's your opinion on music today? There is a lot of good music but there's probably more crap now than ever.

Gone...but not quite.

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? Toss up between Blink-182 and Queens of the Stone Age, I'm sure I'm forgetting some great ones though.

What's your favourite album ever? Songs for the Deaf, by QotSA

What's your favourite track ever?

- Feeder

What's your least favourite track ever? I don't tend to dwell on music I don't like, so hard to say

What's your favourite music genre? Rock and Electronic

What's your favourite album artwork? Dance in the Dark

What's your favourite musical instrument? Guitar

What's your favourite artist to see live? Best I have seen live? Either Blink 182, Pendulum or Crystal Castles, all three were pretty amazing.

Songs:

- Oasis, but this is mostly due to the memories I have from it (Silent Disco, Leeds Fest, August 2009)

- The Blackout Wouldn't say it makes me angry, but it pumps me right up. Angry in a good way.

- M83, again, I wouldn't say it was sad exactly but it definitely makes me feel depressed.

- Asher Roth

- Pendulum, although I wouldn't call it dancing. Closer to just going mental.

A song that you can truly relate to? Best of Times- Sage Francis

Bands:

Who's your favourite singer? Josh Homme/Lady Gaga/Alice Glass, all more for their "cool as f*ck" factor than my appreciation of their talents.

Who's your favourite drummer? Travis Barker of Blink 182, saw him playing the drums upside down on a suspended platform

Who's your favourite rapper? Tinie Tempah, or the earlier stuff of Dizzee Rascal

Who's your favourite club disc jockey? I'm pretty sure he does club work, so Jaguar Skills should fit in here. The dude f*cking rocks. Fans of Hip Hop need to check out his hour long 30 years of hip hop mix, using over 500 tracks from the past three decades. I'm sure it's out there somewhere to get a hold of.

Misc:

Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands? The only supergroups I've ever really followed are Swedish House Mafia, but they're hardly the typical supergroup. My usual stance on the whole idea is that what makes the individuals great was grown naturally, and flinging them all together isn't a surefire recipe for success. I don't throw beer, ice cream, chicken parmesan and cookie dough in a bowl and call it a superfood.

What did you listen to as a younger child? As a pre-teen it was skater-punk: Good Charlotte, Green Day, Blink 182 (who I abandoned until I rediscovered them a year or so ago) etc. Before that it was whatever was on Radio 1 or whatever my mam listened to which, to be fair, was quite a mix. Her glovebox at the moment has Johnny Cash, The Prodigy, Ian Dury and Take That.

How did you get interested in what you listen to now? Everywhere. Friends, TV, radio, internet, clubs. If I hear something I like I'll look it up.

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? Honestly, it'd be Lady Gaga. I've seen a number of my favourite acts live now, and while a good concert f*cking rocks, I haven't seen a good show as well as a performance for a long time. If it has to be a group I'd say a pre-1996 Guns N' Roses. I saw the current GnR last year and Axl was just pathetic; showing up an hour and a half late leaving us out in the cold (literally), leaving stage whenever he wasn't singing and just generally being a dick. Would love to see him and the real GnR before the fall from grace.

What's your opinion on music today? I think it's in better shape than ever before. Access to music, and more importantly access to music creation, is more widespread than it has ever been before. I can sort of understand the argument that with so much music out there, the successful pop music suffers as they pander to even lower common denominators, I don't buy into it, but I can understand it. But people need to pull their heads out of their asses if they believe music is sh*t today. Oh you don't like the Top 40? Don't listen to it then: listen to a different radio station. Go on the internet and look up artists you like, follow that research into other artists you may like. Check out you local music scene, there is one trust me.

Edited by Robinski
user posted image

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? Bob Marley

What's your favourite album ever? can't pick just one.

What's your favourite track ever? wow, that is tough. natural mystic- bob marley

What's your least favourite track ever? death metal

What's your favourite music genre? hiphop

What's your favourite album artwork? i dunno

What's your favourite musical instrument? saxophone

What's your favourite artist to see live? solid gold

Songs:

Happiest song you've ever heard? mungo jerry- in the summertime

What song makes you angriest? eminem

Saddest song you've ever heard? Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen

What song calms you down the most? reggae

What song makes you wanna dance most? hiphop

A song that you can truly relate to? nas songs.

Bands:

Who's your favourite singer? stevie wonder

Who's your favourite bassist? my guy billy

Who's your favourite pianist? elton john

Who's your favourite guitarist? peter tosh

Who's your favourite drummer? dont have one

Who's your favourite rapper? cant pick.

Who's your favourite club disc jockey? cant pick aswell

Misc:

Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands? never heard of either of them..

What did you listen to as a younger child? what my parents listened to and rap.

How did you get interested in what you listen to now? my environment

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? peter tosh and bob marley together

What's your opinion on music today? a lot of good music goes unnoticed and under the radar.

user posted image

$$H New York Crew

AlexGTAGamer

A difficult choice between Roger Daltery, Freddie Mercury, Barry Gibb and Daryl Hall.

The Who - The Ultimate Collection.

Jan Hammer - Crockett's Theme.

Justin Beiber - Baby.

Classic rock or pop.

ZZ Top - Eliminator.

Saxaphone.

Jean Michel Jarre.

Glen Miller - In The Mood.

009 Soundsystem.

Duran Duran - Ordinary World.

Jan Hammer - Crockett's Theme.

Madness - One Step Beyond.

Talk Talk - It's My Life.

A difficult choice between Barry Gibb, James Brown, Barry White and Freddie Mercury.

John Entwistle.

Jean Michel Jarre.

•Who's your favourite guitarist?

Pete Townshend.

Keith Moon.

Snoop Dogg.

Paul Van Dyke.

Prodigy.

From Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and from my parents.

The Who just to see them smash their instruments.

I don't really like music from today only if it is club/trance.

Sunrise Driver

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? Depeche Mode

What's your favourite album ever? Pendulum - In Silico

What's your favourite track ever? DM - Personal Jesus

What's your least favourite track ever? Lil Wayne Feat. Fat Joe - Crackhouse, death metal sh*t

What's your favourite music genre? Drum N Bass/Jungle

What's your favourite musical instrument? Saxophone

Songs:

Happiest song you've ever heard? Bunji Garlin - Brrrt

What song calms you down the most? Mr Mister - Broken Wings

What song makes you wanna dance most? Bee Gees - You Should Be Dancing

A song that you can truly relate to?

Bands:

Who's your favourite singer? Dave Gahan

Who's your favourite rapper? Whodini

Who's your favourite club disc jockey? Paul van Dyk

Misc:

What did you listen to as a younger child? Club/Dance and Modern Rock/Pop

How did you get interested in what you listen to now? GTA games

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? Bee Gees, Blondie, NWA

What's your opinion on music today? Too much pop in all genres and styles

Edited by Street Mix

Basic info:

•What's your favourite artist ever? - For artist, I don't know, I mostly listen to bands. But let's say Jimi Hendrix

•What's your favourite album ever? - the Dark Side Of the Moon

•What's your favourite music genre? - Rock/Hard Rock/Folk Rock/Psychedelic Rock/Post-Punk

•What's your favourite album artwork? Pink Floyd's Animals/Beatles' Abbey Road

•What's your favourite musical instrument? - Acoustic guitar/Piano

•What's your favourite artist to see live? - Pink Floyd

Songs:

•Happiest song you've ever heard? - Beatles - Obla di obla da

•What song makes you angriest? - Helter Skelter

•Saddest song you've ever heard? - Don't know, but I can tell it would be something from Joy Division

•What song calms you down the most? - Whole Pink Floyd's "wish you were here" album OR Beatles' "Sun King"

Bands:

•Who's your favourite singer? - Kurt Cobain

•Who's your favourite bassist? - David Gilmour

•Who's your favourite guitarist? - John Lennon

•Who's your favourite drummer? - Ringo Starr

•Who's your favourite rapper? - Kid Cudi

Misc:

•How did you get interested in what you listen to now? - well I really can't remember when did I started listening to rock, I believe it's been like a year ago or so, but I can't remember how did I start.

•If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? - Pink Floyd

•What's your opinion on music today? - I totally disagree with those who say that today's music is sh*t. There are still many bands doing great music, such as Radiohead, Kings of leon, coldplay, i dunno, many more.

Just because Unoriginal44 forced me to...

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? Changes all the time, usually rotates between Joy Division, The Smiths and The Stone Roses

What's your favourite album ever? The Stone Roses by....The Stone Roses

What's your favourite track ever? Blue Monday by New Order

What's your least favourite track ever? Too many to name...

What's your favourite music genre? Rock, I guess.

What's your favourite album artwork? Nirvana's 'Nevermind'

What's your favourite musical instrument? Guitar (acoustic or electric)

What's your favourite artist to see live? Never seen any big artists live unless you consider Midge Ure or Aswad as big...?

Songs:

Happiest song you've ever heard? 'Born to Run' by Bruce Springsteen

What song makes you angriest? 'No Easy Way Out' by Robert Tepper (if I was challeneged to an arm wrestling match, this song would motivate me)

Saddest song you've ever heard? 'Fuori Dal Mondo' by Ludovico Einaudi

What song calms you down the most? Err, 'Vienna' by Ultravox

What song makes you wanna dance most? 'Don't Stop Me Now' by Queen

A song that you can truly relate to? 'Straight Outta Compton' by NWA (Life is tough in the hood)

Bands:

Who's your favourite singer? Johnny Cash

Who's your favourite bassist? Who ever pays attention to the bassist?

Who's your favourite pianist? Thom Yorke I suppose

Who's your favourite guitarist? John Squire

Who's your favourite drummer? That guy from System of a Down is pretty hardcore

Who's your favourite rapper? Ice Cube I suppose.

Who's your favourite club disc jockey? Err...Daft Punk, I guess.

Misc:

Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands? Who's Bad Company

What did you listen to as a younger child? 'Witch Doctor' by The Cartoons

How did you get interested in what you listen to now? Film and game soundtracks

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? The Stone Roses

What's your opinion on music today? Don't listen to modern music. I don't consider a music aficionado so I'm trying to educate myself on all the classics first.

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? Michael Jackson

What's your favourite album ever? Thriller

What's your favourite track ever? Billie Jean

What's your favourite music genre? Pop

What's your favourite album artwork? Dangerous

What's your favourite musical instrument? The voice (it is an instrument tounge.gif )

What's your favourite artist to see live? Michael Jackson

Songs:

Saddest song you've ever heard? Childhood

What song calms you down the most? Billie Jean

What song makes you wanna dance most? Billie Jean

A song that you can truly relate to? Childhood

Bands:

Who's your favourite singer? Michael Jackson

Who's your favourite pianist? Greg Phillinganes

Who's your favourite guitarist? Jennifer Batten

Misc:

Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands? I don't know

What did you listen to as a younger child? Bee Gees

How did you get interested in what you listen to now? I don't remember

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? Michael Jackson

What's your opinion on music today? Most of it is sh*t.

Long Haired Freaky Guy

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? Changes ALOT but now it has to be Kanye. Favourite group ever has to be CunninLynguists. Perfect blend of chilled beats mixed with lyrical talent.

What's your favourite album ever? B.O.B - The Adventures Of Bobby Ray. Wasn't that big a fan of Nothin' On You after it got played to death, but the album is fantastic, and the full album has a playcount of over 100 on my WMP. Also all the albums by CunninLynguists could be included in this.

What's your favourite track ever? CunninLynguists - Nothin' But Strangeness. That and

What's your least favourite track ever? Can't really say, if a song doesn't catch my attention then I just forget it.

What's your favourite music genre? At the moment, Underground Hip-Hop, with Reggae & Ska coming in at second.

What's your favourite album artwork? Nirvana - Nevermind

What's your favourite musical instrument?

Songs:

What song makes you angriest? More like pumped;

Saddest song you've ever heard? Atmosphere - Yetserday. Not exactly what everyone would class as a sad song, but relating to it on a personal level and listening to the words definitely make this my saddest song. Remember listening to it for the first time, and how much the last words hit me. That and Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats. Heard it first time on a TV Programme ( blush.gif = if you know what I'm on about), and now it always reminds me of chilling with my ex gf.

What song calms you down the most? CunninLynguists - Nothin' But Strangeness. Same as above, such a chilled beat.

A song that you can truly relate to? Atmosphere - Yetserday As I said above, I can relate to this song on a personal level. Also,

due to the part of him finding his Fiance cheating on him.

Bands:

Who's your favourite rapper? Slug, Deacon, Cannibal Ox, Eminem, Kanye.

Who's your favourite producer? RJD2

Misc:

What did you listen to as a younger child? As a kid with no internet, I was listening to what everyone else was listening to, which at the time was Bassline, now associated with Chavs. Thing is, Bassline was originally Speed Garage, and was very popular, then 4x4 got introduced onto the scene, which IMO ruined the whole genre. It was originally DJ's mixing a popular song with a bassline rhythm, but now it's idiots making 4x4 'beats' on a PC.

How did you get interested in what you listen to now?This forum got me into the whole Underground Hip-Hop scene, and I think it was R2D2 and some other guy (he had a Jedi Mind Tricks sig) who mentioned some artists and groups. I found Atmosphere and CunninLynguists, and they still remain the two of my biggest groups. I started venturing some more, and got into R2D2, Mac, Cannibal, Doom and so on.

I listen to absolutely all music genres apart from metal TBH. My dad was into his Punk, reggae, Ska and Electronica; my brother was into big current bands like Oasis, RHCP, G&R's; and my mum and sister were into all the pop music. This meant I was growing up listening to everything anyway, and I started widening my music choices when I was around 18, getting into alot of the older music. As I said, I had no internet as a kid so music was passed onto me by word of mouth, or ear if you like, so I was just keeping up with the current pop music and bassline scene.

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? The Who, White Stripes, Kings Of Leon, CunninLynguists, Nirvana.

What's your opinion on music today? Same as it always has been, you get your sh*t music and you get the great music, just depends on where you look. Some genres are still as great as they were before, but some are slowly going downhill. As I mentioned, Bassline got ruined couple of years ago. There's also the problem of artists just making singles that are sh*t but know will sell, such as Eminem, who was great but recently released some sh*tty singles, and Black Eyed Peas, who also had some great hits and are now releasing pure dribble. This is a reason I branched my music taste out aswell, to find some of the older, greater music.

Only other problem is how a new type of music comes along, and every other genre tries including it in their work because it's big at the time. Look at Dubstep. Yeah, been around for a while now, but just recently it seems that everyone is listening to it, and it's now getting mixed with other genres.

Edited by Long Haired Freaky Guy

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? The Rolling Stones

What's your favourite album ever? Sticky Fingers (The Rolling Stones)

What's your favourite track ever? Kashmir (Led Zeppelin)

What's your least favourite track ever? Maneater (Hall and Oates)

What's your favourite music genre? Classic rock

What's your favourite album artwork? Some Girls (The Rolling Stones)

What's your favourite musical instrument? Piano

What's your favourite artist to see live? The Rolling Stones

Songs:

Happiest song you've ever heard? Don't Go Breaking My Heart (Elton John & Kiki Dee)

What song makes you angriest? Gimme Shelter (The Rolling Stones)

Saddest song you've ever heard? Sad Day (The Rolling Stones)

What song calms you down the most? Here Comes The Sun (The Beatles)

What song makes you wanna dance most? Harlem Shuffle (The Rolling Stones)

A song that you can truly relate to? Ain't Too Proud To Beg (The Rolling Stones)

Bands:

Who's your favourite singer? Robert Plant

Who's your favourite bassist? John Paul Jones

Who's your favourite pianist? Elton John

Who's your favourite guitarist? Jimmy Page

Who's your favourite drummer? John Bonham

Who's your favourite rapper? N/A

Misc:

Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands? N/A

What did you listen to as a younger child? Classic rock (The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, etc.)

How did you get interested in what you listen to now? Parents

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? The Rolling Stones

What's your opinion on music today? Terrible and a nuisance

Edited by StoneHead37

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? AC/DC

What's your favourite album ever? Back In Black

What's your favourite track ever? Don't Fear the Reaper

What's your least favourite track ever? N/A

What's your favourite music genre? Thrash metal

What's your favourite album artwork? Megadeth - Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good! (Re-release)

What's your favourite musical instrument? Electric guitar

What's your favourite artist to see live? AC/DC

Songs:

Happiest song you've ever heard? N/A

What song makes you angriest? N/A

Saddest song you've ever heard? N/A

What song calms you down the most? N/A

What song makes you wanna dance most? Dancing is gay

A song that you can truly relate to? N/A

Bands:

Who's your favourite singer? N/A

Who's your favourite bassist? Paul McCartney

Who's your favourite pianist? N/A

Who's your favourite guitarist? Jimi Hendrix

Who's your favourite drummer? Ian Paice

Who's your favourite rapper? I listen to music.

Misc:

What did you listen to as a younger child? Classic rock

How did you get interested in what you listen to now? My dad raised me on classic rock. I developed my own interest in good metal.

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? W.A.S.P.

What's your opinion on music today? Sucks complete ass in every genre.

Edited by Raptomex

Mister Pink

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? Changes.. Kraftwerk, Beastie Boys, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Aphex Twin, Depeche Mode, at the moment it;s mostly Depeche Mode and Kraftwerk. Always go back and listen to all of them obsessively.

What's your favourite album ever? L.A. Woman by The Doors or Hello Nasty by Beastie Boys

What's your favourite track ever? Always changes...Light My Fire by The Doors, Autobahn by Kraftwerk.

What's your least favourite track ever? Way too many.

What's your favourite music genre? Rock and Electronica

What's your favourite album artwork? The Man Machine by Kraftwerk maybe.

What's your favourite musical instrument?Synthesiser

What's your favourite artist to see live? Some of my favourites were Kraftwerk and Paul Simon by I'm going to see Aphex Twin this summer and that was always a goal and my other goal is to see the Beastie Boys.

Songs:

Happiest song you've ever heard?Break On Through by The Doors? I dunno.

What song makes you angriest?Anything by The Smiths. Good band but I have my reasons. Too long to explain.

Saddest song you've ever heard? One Tree Hill - U2 because of the story behind it.

What song calms you down the most? Stone In Focus by Aphex Twin

What song makes you wanna dance most? Dunno

A song that you can truly relate to? It's More Fun To Compute by Kraftwerk[/font]

Bands:

Who's your favourite singer? Freddie Mercury

Who's your favourite bassist? John Paul Jones or the bassist from Yes.

Who's your favourite pianist? Freddie Mercury

Who's your favourite guitarist? Jimmy Page

Who's your favourite drummer?John Bonham

Who's your favourite rapper? Adrock, The Beastie Boys.

Who's your favourite club disc jockey? Laurent Garnier? I dunno. That's funny question.

Misc:

Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands?Yes and no. Bands that naturally gel togther through mutual friendliness/intellect and taste are usually the best for me.

What did you listen to as a younger child? Michael Jackson, Queen.

How did you get interested in what you listen to now? Just love music! Going out, exploring, Festivals etc! Living!

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? Led Zeppelin

What's your opinion on music today?I like a lot of 60's, 70's and 80's, 90's but not much after 00 unless it's experimental, Electronica or a fusion of stuff. A lot of Rock is just repeating itself while electronic music is advancing with technology.

Edited by ThePinkFloydSound

What's your favourite artist ever? Oasis, The Beatles, Paul Weller, The Feeling, Blur, Bon Jovi, Guns N' Roses, Def Leppard, Izzy Stradlin' and the Ju Ju Hounds, the Kooks etc.

Definitely Maybe, (What's the Story) Morning Glory?, Be Here Now, Standing on The Shoulders of Giants, Heathen Chemistry, The Masterplan, Dont Believe the Truth, Dig Out Your Soul, Abbey Road, Different Gear, Still Speeding, Parklife

Oasis: Gas Panic, Supersonic, D'yer Know What I Mean?, Magic Pie, Bring it on Down.

The Beatles: Lucy in The Sky With Diamonds, I Am The Walrus.

The Kooks: Naive.

The Feeling: Fill My Little World.

Justin Bieber: Baby.

Britpop, without a doubt.

the abstract patchwork on Dig Out Your Soul and Different Gear Still Speeding.

Seeing as i play them to grade 8, Guitar and Piano.

Oasis

Songs:

She's Electric - Oasis, Digsy's Dinner - Oasis, Parklife - Blur

Bring it on Down - Oasis [i'll be scraping your life from the sole of my shoe tonight... Proper angry young man lyrics]

Black Sunday - Whoever

Don't Look Back In Anger - Oasis

None, im a guitarist and singer i dont dance

Any Bruno Mars Song

Bands:

Liam Gallagher, Noel Gallagher, Gem Archer, Andy Bell Me

Andy Bell, Duff McKagan, Me

Dizzy ?, Me

•Who's your favourite Rhythm guitarist?

Izzy Stradlin', Gem Archer

•Who's your favourite Lead guitarist?

Noel Gallagher

Alan 'Whitey' White, Tony Mcaroll, Zak Starkey, Chris Sharrock

Don't have one

Jaguar Skills

Misc:

Wat, like supergroups? their sh*t. end of.

Teletubbies theme, Blur, Rod Stewart [Yea i was gay, ok?]

My Wonderful Mother

Oasis

Its sh*t. Xept Britpop Revival

Basic info:

What's your favourite artist ever? Cream,The Who,Rory Gallagher.Blind Faith,Steve Winwood, The Doors, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Thin Lizzy,Led Zeppelin

What's your favourite album ever? Disraeli Gears or pick anyone of The Whos albums

What's your favourite track ever? forever changing but always remain

Sunshine of your love,Dance the Night Away,Outside woman blues, Substitute, i am a boy, Pinball Wizard etc....

What's your least favourite track ever? whatever that stupid song is that goes BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW!!

What's your favourite music genre? i hate to classify music into genres but if i had to it would be Rock/Blues-Rock/Psychadelic Rock

What's your favourite album artwork?Disraeli Gears-Cream

What's your favourite musical instrument? Guitar(Any kind really)

What's your favourite artist to see live? If i could Cream

Songs:

Happiest song you've ever heard? Hello,Goodbye-the Beatles

Saddest song you've ever heard? Moon River- sung by Audrey Hepburn

What song calms you down the most? The Supernatural-John Mayall's BluesBreaks with Peter Green

What song makes you wanna dance most? Pump up the jam-Technotronic tounge2.gif

A song that you can truly relate to? Dance the Night Away-Cream

Bands:

Who's your favourite singer?Steve Winwood or Roger Daltrey

Who's your favourite bassist?John Entwistle

Who's your favourite pianist?Steve Winwood

Who's your favourite guitarist? Eric Clapton

Who's your favourite drummer? Keith Moon or Ginger Baker

Who's your favourite club disc jockey?Danger or rjd2 i don't know...

Misc:

Do you think supergroups like Audioslave and Bad Company work better than their original, separate bands? Not really although there has been some such as Blind Faith,The Traveling Mullburys etc

What did you listen to as a younger child? Hell if i know.... tounge2.gif

How did you get interested in what you listen to now? Kind found it all out on my own

If you could see any group live today (living or otherwise) what band would it be? Cream,The Who, or Rory Gallagher

What's your opinion on music today? Pretty sad state but i can't really tell you i don't really listen to whats on the radio so eh...