San Andreas Ped Rigging Video Tutorial

_Rob_

user posted image

This tutorial shows you how to take a regular 3DS max mesh (of a character) and rig it ready for game.

You will need Kam's gta scripts and 3DS max. A link to Kam's scripts is below along with a link to a 30 day trial of 3DS max 2011.

Download Kam's GTA Scripts

Download 3DS Max 30 Day Trial

I used a GTA 3 ped that I edited for SALC, and haven't rigged the jaw or brows as they aren't needed, but using the steps in this tutorial you should be able to rig those too. I'll guide you though fixing any bugs after the initial rigging and the exporting of the new ped too.

Any questions feel free to ask, and look out for a "SA Player Parts Video Tutorial" in the next couple of weeks wink.gif

why dont just move the bone...?instead of move the mesh..that will damage the originality of the model...

Because if you move the bone, when you rig the character the bones snaps back to its original place and moves the model automatically, I prefer controll over which vertices go where wink.gif

you can solve that...after you move(rotate) the bones export the model to dff then import it again... then you will have a ped with new bone position... so you can rigg the model without move the mesh...

• 1 month later...

I did everything you said but when i try to import the dff it says its not in a loop??? What do i do?

I can rigging every model now ^^. Thank for your helpful clip.

Can you make the video "How to rigging Vehicles like a horse" , mean adding the horse or every 4-legs animal instead of vehicle.