GTA IV & Episodes from Liberty City

grandtheftautovideogamer

grandtheftautovideogamer

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet...

I never played GTA IV yet.. but I have played Episodes from Liberty City. How different is GTA IV (Niko's) from GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City (Luis & Johnny's)?

well what do u mean different? the missions r different for every part, different vehicles, etc

I never played GTA IV yet.. but I have played Episodes from Liberty City. How different is GTA IV (Niko's) from GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City (Luis & Johnny's)?

At the start whole islands are closed to Niko and he has to progress to access them. Niko's story is four times as long as either Johnny's or Luis's. The music soundtrack is about 250 songs instead of 150 (all different). There are more side missions like police vigilante and taxi driver. There are more exploration/achievement goals (vehicle thefts, stunt jumps, 200 flying rats to kill). Niko can go clothes shopping and be dressed in many ways. Niko gets more safe houses. Unlike Luis and Johnny, Niko starts with no friends but makes friends over the course of the story, and can have girlfriends (more relationship than Luis' booty calls). Niko has to earn abilities from friends by spending time with them and keeping them happy when they call him on the phone. There are many more random character missions however they are not shown on the map as clearly as in EFLC and you will probably have to consult a guide to find them all.

There is no equivalent to gang wars or drug wars. There are assassination missions and most wanted missions but they are a limited number, however there are unlimited vigilante missions but these are much easier than the wars in EFLC. Unlike TLAD, vehicle thefts for money can be continued forever. Because of this and the greater number of missions and rewards, Niko gets much more money than Johnny or Luis more easily. Obviously IV lacks the new content in EFLC. There are fewer weapons, fewer vehicles, no parachute, and Niko cannot earn free weapons to spawn in his safe houses.

I'm probably forgetting some things, but basically IV is a much longer and deeper story and Niko is a much more complex character, but gameplay may seem more repetitive with fewer features than EFLC.

Edited by Magic_Al

grandtheftautovideogamer

At the start whole islands are closed to Niko and he has to progress to access them. Niko's story is four times as long as either Johnny's or Luis's. The music soundtrack is about 250 songs instead of 150 (all different). There are more side missions like police vigilante and taxi driver. There are more exploration/achievement goals (vehicle thefts, stunt jumps, 200 flying rats to kill). Niko can go clothes shopping and be dressed in many ways. Niko gets more safe houses. Unlike Luis and Johnny, Niko starts with no friends but makes friends over the course of the story, and can have girlfriends (more relationship than Luis' booty calls). Niko has to earn abilities from friends by spending time with them and keeping them happy when they call him on the phone. There are many more random character missions however they are not shown on the map as clearly as in EFLC and you will probably have to consult a guide to find them all.

There is no equivalent to gang wars or drug wars. There are assassination missions and most wanted missions but they are a limited number, however there are unlimited vigilante missions but these are much easier than the wars in EFLC. Unlike TLAD, vehicle thefts for money can be continued forever. Because of this and the greater number of missions and rewards, Niko gets much more money than Johnny or Luis more easily. Obviously IV lacks the new content in EFLC. There are fewer weapons, fewer vehicles, no parachute, and Niko cannot earn free weapons to spawn in his safe houses.

I'm probably forgetting some things, but basically IV is a much longer and deeper story and Niko is a much more complex character, but gameplay may seem more repetitive with fewer features than EFLC.

Thanks that was very helpful.

It would be cool to have a patch to have IV features in EFLC and EFLC features in IV.