Well aware of memory leak still! but

manoroid

How do i get rid of the memory leak guys? For example im standing by the water facing the second city and I usually get 60fps, now im getting 35 frames! I recently updated to nvidia 270.51 and it screwed the frames up. Now reverted back to 266.58 and now the problem persists! Blah im stumped.

Gtx 580

i7 970

6gb memory dominator ram

Thanks.

YankeesPwnMets

Try memrestrict. Is your GTX 580 using the standard 1536 MB of VRAM or the 3GB Phantom edition?

It's the gtx 580 1536mb. For some reason i feel it has to do with the save file? Idk why though??

Have you tried starting a new game to check if you still face the same issue? If yes, then it's not save related.

Have you tried the -memrestrict command as suggested by YankeesPwnMets?

Also, try uninstalling your video driver completely by using Driver Sweeper and then reinstall it. I always recommend wiping out all traces of the previous driver before installing a different video driver, just so that you don't leave any room for conflict or problems.

I have tried starting a new game and it still persists. And no i have not tried the memrestrict im not aware of how to go about it. Its been a long time since ive run into this issue. Its weird i noticed it works after i restart the game and i plays fine or do a defrag with defraggler. This is so annoying.

I also do use driver sweeper and always do a driver uninstall plus like you said getting rid of any excess driver files.

LIVE_SlimSlugga713

ok i had the same problem. my game stopped crashing when i downloaded memturbo but i also found out sound mods play a roll in crashing your game. like STEAMED_ENGINE.Ivad i downloaded the muscle car sound mod and that kept crashing my game. deleted it then the game worked fine. now i kno that was what had my game crashing, but also memturbo played a part in stopping the crash. try the memturbo. now the only prob im having is the road texture acouple yards away from me has low quality. i dont kno if its memturbo causeing that. DONT USE GAMEBOOSTER on GTA IV.

YankeesPwnMets

The formula for memrestrict is the amount of video ram in MB * 1024 * 1024

So,

1536 * 1024 * 1024 = 1610612736

In notepad, copy and paste this line in

-memrestrict 1610612736

and save it as commandline.txt

Then, go to your Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV folder and put the text file in that folder, and then start the game as see what happens.

*Note: If I'm not mistaken, the steps for this on the Steam version is different