GTA IV - Recommended System Requirements?

SolidWing68

SolidWing68

Hello I've got a question. I went to canyourunit.com to see if I can run GTA IV, and my results came back good..it said I passed for minimum requirements but for recommended I passed everything and failed the video card section but heres the weird thing..for the recommended video card it says Recommended: 512MB NVIDIA 8600+ / 512MB ATI 3870+ and I have a ATI Radeon HD 4650 w/1 GB so I don't understand how that part failed. But anyway, I was curious before I went out and bough tthe game, if I'd be able to run it on recommended with the type of system I have which I will list soon, because I just built my computer january of this year so I don't see why I shouldn't

Computer Specs

Processor : AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition @ 3.40 GHz (Not overclocked)

Memory : G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 SDRAM (PC3 10666) Dual Channel RAM

Video Card : XFX ATI Radeon HD 4650 1 GB RAM

Power Supply : CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W Power Supply

Hard Drive : Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB

Other notes : I havent updated my catalyst drivers since I built the machine a few months ago, but I'm currently on version 10.12, don't know if not updating would make a difference or not.

Other notes : None, ask what ever more you want to or need to know about my computer.

Edited by SolidWing68

Drift-Kingz

I don't know about this card, but does it get it's VRAM from a shared source? (i.e RAM)

Or is the 1 gigabyte dedicated memory?

SolidWing68

I am about 100% sure that the video card has 1 GB dedicated memory, because as I look on the back of the video card box it says 1 GB GDDR2 of memory, so I'm sure it is. Also I took a few screenshots incase you wanted to check some stuff out, maybe you could tell but here they are.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image