Police Computer Glitch

BooostFlare

BooostFlare

I dont know whether this is a glitch or an error but every time I try to access the police computer in any cop car be it a enforcer, fib or any cop car, it gives an error that cannot connect to the database. Is anyone else having this problem in TBOGT and TLAD?

Edited by [email protected]

Spider-Vice
I dont know whether this is a glitch or an error but every time I try to access the police computer in any cop car be it a enforcer, fib or any cop car, it gives an error that cannot connect to the database. Is anyone else having this problem in TBOGT and TLAD?

Be sure you aren't on a mission.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Lord_Ant_Warrior

There is no glitch- they took vigilante out. Pissed me off big time.

BooostFlare

I tried both during a mission and not on a mission. gives the same thing. That sucks if they had really taken out vigilante! mad.gif

nightwalker83

To me it seems that the crap that isn't in TLAD got put in TBOGT and that is why the game sucks so much.

The police computer is disabled in TLAD and TBOGT because in the original GTA IV Niko's access to Most Wanted missions involving 30 named criminals from the police database is non-random story continuity and there's no rational way to keep Luis and Johnny from interfering except simulating a network failure when they try to use the computer.

They could say that the database is unabalable when they try to go to the screen to acess the criminals for the side missions in GTA IV.

BooostFlare

is there anyway to make Vigilante available? It'll be fun specially with the APC! devil.gif

Lord_Ant_Warrior
The police computer is disabled in TLAD and TBOGT because in the original GTA IV Niko's access to Most Wanted missions involving 30 named criminals from the police database is non-random story continuity and there's no rational way to keep Luis and Johnny from interfering except simulating a network failure when they try to use the computer.

This is just rubbish if it's true. Vigilante is a staple of GTA and should be in every game. They could have at least included current crimes!

I was abit annoyed when i got in a a cop car and saw they took the vigilante missions out, i agree with LAW aswell they should have atleast kept the current crimes part in.

Current Crimes and Most Wanted are on the same menu screen, so Rockstar would have had to change it. It's a no-win situation for continuity between storylines. It's like the love-meet website. In theory it's something Luis and Johnny could do too, but technically, making it possible without adding more inconsistencies is asking Rockstar to spend time adapting old content that they could spend creating new content.

CookPassBabtridge

Just came looking for a thread on this, this week was the first time Id tried the database on a DLC. What utter bollocks. I don't believe it was story continuity R* had in mind, that seems the excuse for everything with this gen. And if true, then I hope Im not the only one who doesnt give a hoot about the story once ive finished it. suicidal.gif

Edit: I wasnt meaning bollocks on your part Magic Al

To me it seems that the crap that isn't in TLAD got put in TBOGT and that is why the game sucks so much.

TBoGT was released after TLaD so it's normal that it has sh*t the previous game didn't had.

Also, if you want to do vigilante missions go to GTA IV.

spaceeinstein

So a lot of you think that R* can achieve this much with such limited time and resources?

Continuity is a reason. The purpose was probably Rockstar wanting to avoid EFLC and GTA IV having too many side missions the same. If vigilante was in both you'd probably only complete it in one or the other.

• 2 weeks later...
harrygooz33

i think its sh*t...vigilante in gta 4 is cool (even though i cant get on gta 4)...they removed the best side mission in the gta series, lcpdfr wont work with eflc, totally crap

• 2 weeks later...
paddytheguru

it doesn't work on TBoGT or TLaD because for some reason they didnt make you able to hunt down criminals (like in GTA IV) i dont know why but they took that feture out of TBoGT and TLaD. i guess youll have to either go without criminal hunting or just do it on GTA IV wink.gif paddytheguru - learning form the best

Current Crimes and Most Wanted are on the same menu screen, so Rockstar would have had to change it. It's a no-win situation for continuity between storylines. It's like the love-meet website. In theory it's something Luis and Johnny could do too, but technically, making it possible without adding more inconsistencies is asking Rockstar to spend time adapting old content that they could spend creating new content.

How does it create continuity problems? I think I'm missing something...

Banned, now stay the f*ck out

Current Crimes and Most Wanted are on the same menu screen, so Rockstar would have had to change it. It's a no-win situation for continuity between storylines.  It's like the love-meet website.  In theory it's something Luis and Johnny could do too, but technically, making it possible without adding more inconsistencies is asking Rockstar to spend time adapting old content that they could spend creating new content.

Johnny and Luis can't do Most Wanted because those would be the same people at the same time Niko did them.

Experimental
Current Crimes and Most Wanted are on the same menu screen, so Rockstar would have had to change it. It's a no-win situation for continuity between storylines.  It's like the love-meet website.  In theory it's something Luis and Johnny could do too, but technically, making it possible without adding more inconsistencies is asking Rockstar to spend time adapting old content that they could spend creating new content.

Johnny and Luis can't do Most Wanted because those would be the same people at the same time Niko did them.

Well funny thing would be to ask.. why would a biker want to work for the police as a vigilante when they are committing the very crimes against them?.. lol Least Niko still had good intentions when he arrived in Liberty City...

I can't find any names in the Police Database even on IV (yes irrelevant to BoGT post) even when I search the correct name, I can only find it through the website, anyone know why this happens?

• 2 months later...

It's a shame they disabled the vigilante, but anyway IMO you still got a lot of things to do

• 2 weeks later...
I was abit annoyed when i got in a a cop car and saw they took the vigilante missions out, i agree with LAW aswell they should have atleast kept the current crimes part in.

I agree.

The most wanted and vigilante are fun to play when we have already finished the main story.

More fun than the drug war.

If only the R* keep the most wanted and the vigilante in the TBoGT, it makes the game more fun to play.

• 1 month later...

They basically replaced it with drug wars (if you can call it replacing it!)

Bring back the old style vigilante from gta 3 era I say, much more fun.

spaceeinstein

But all you did in III series was simply chase car and blow them up. That's no fun. IV's Vigilante was more fun because it has much more variety.

Just a small off topic note, you shouldn't bump many old topics. A lot of your replies aren't really adding to them.

• 2 weeks later...
But all you did in III series was simply chase car and blow them up. That's no fun. IV's Vigilante was more fun because it has much more variety.

Just a small off topic note, you shouldn't bump many old topics. A lot of your replies aren't really adding to them.

I don't rele call shooting enemys that either drive a car or just hide behind a wall variety either tbh

Fair. Maybe they should lock them after a certain time then, that seems to be the logical thing.

That way there can be no people making me feel like I've committed a serious crime lol mercie_blink.gif

sideways170899

Well funny thing would be to ask.. why would a biker want to work for the police as a vigilante when they are committing the very crimes against them?.. lol Least Niko still had good intentions when he arrived in Liberty City...

if that's the case why don't they do an update for all GTA's on modern consoles where you keep getting updated most wanted lists and new current crimes every 2 minutes. That's what they want to do

• 1 month later...

I don't rele call shooting enemys that either drive a car or just hide behind a wall variety either tbh

Have you ever tried "gang activity" in GTA IV vigilante? There are 8+ guys standing out in the open with grenades, assault rifles, shotguns, and SMGs! If you don't get out of there quickly, you'll be blown up!