Building a pc with custom specs to max out GTA 4?

manueljenkin95

manueljenkin95

Hey Pals, I am in the mood to build a new pc ( I have posted one already, but this one has a lot of corrections ), to max out GTA 4 Details on 1920 x 1080 resolutions @60Hz.

CPU : Intel Core I7 2600K Overclocked to 4.0 or 4.2 GHz.

Motherboard : Asus P8P67 Pro. May consider deluxe if GPU cannot be held by Pro.

Graphics Card : Asus GTX 570 Direct CU II graphics card 1280MB ( needs triple slot clearance ) - Overclocked to 825 or 850 Mhz.

Will use commandline availablevidmem if 1.25Gb is not enough.

Physx Card : MSI 9600GT OC edition 512 MB. Won't install this card if there is not enough space.

RAM : Corsair Dominator 8GB 1600Mhz.

CPU Cooler : Corsair H70 Liquid CPU cooler.

Chassis : CoolerMaster HAF 912.

Power supply : Corsair TX 750 ( will get TX 850 if needed ).

I know I may be facing some probs with GTA IV at max, but I can handle that. Will post once again if I need help. But the real help that I need now is I want to know if this Setup is possible.

1. Will My chassis support the P8P67 Pro motherboard.

2. Will My chassis Support GTX 570 Direct CU II graphics card and 9600GT together.

3. Will the P8P67 Pro have enough space to use the GTX 570 DC II as well as 9600GT, as GTX570DCii has a triple slot cooler.( here is it's review : http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/Ge...0_Direct_Cu_II/ )

And one more, I will install the GTX 570 on the PCIe x16 slot. and then i will install the 9600GT on the PCIe Black Slot@4x (not 16x ), so that it doesn't interfere with the full speed capability

of the GTX 570. Or will I have to upgrade to Deluxe to utilise GTX 570 and 9600Gt together, or even the deluxe doesn't support this setup.

4. (Exclude this if 9600GT cannot be added) Will the TX 750 make it with the full setup( with the 9600Gt ), or will I have to get the TX850 to use the 9600GT?

So friends, I seek your advice in this issue.

- only 4-4,2GHz? That's very little OC. For such low clocks even stock cooler would be adequate, no need to waste money on Corsair H70.

- change motherboard to Asrock P67 Extreme4 (or Extreme6) - better bang for the buck than Asus.

- as for the case, personally I'd get Cooler Master 692 - it's slightly better made and bigger.

- change power supply to Antec TP-650 - better quality than Corsair, and Antec is modular. 650W is more than enough.

74cXSsx.png

manueljenkin95

- only 4-4,2GHz? That's very little OC. For such low clocks even stock cooler would be adequate, no need to waste money on Corsair H70.

- change motherboard to Asrock P67 Extreme4 (or Extreme6) - better bang for the buck than Asus.

- as for the case, personally I'd get Cooler Master 692 - it's slightly better made and bigger.

- change power supply to Antec TP-650 - better quality than Corsair, and Antec is modular. 650W is more than enough.

Thank you pal. What's the Overclock that I can expect with this cooler.

And, for the motherboard and Power supply, I am sticking to Asus and Corsair, coz their support here in India is better. Asrock is not available in India.

Chassis, it has already been ordered and my sister has received it. So no chance of changing it.

So, I need to know.

1. What overclock to expect from this cooler.

2. What wattage 750 or 850 for this setup.

3. Will Asus P8P67 pro support the graphics setup. If not, will the Deluxe edition atleast support this setup.

4. Will the chassis support his setup, and how must be the alignment.

Edited by manueljenkin95

YankeesPwnMets

I have a H70 and a i7 2600K like you, and I have a stable 5.2 Ghz right now. However, I would try 4.7 Ghz before just jumping to 5+ Ghz

750W is more than enough for this system. Just be sure to buy the new, V2 revision of this power supply.

P8P67 Pro will do the job, and so will the CM 912 case.

74cXSsx.png

manueljenkin95

I have a H70 and a i7 2600K like you, and I have a stable 5.2 Ghz right now. However, I would try 4.7 Ghz before just jumping to 5+ Ghz

What core voltage do you use to get 4.7 Ghz, and what voltage do you use to get 5.2Ghz. Please mention the Load Temperature of the CPU on both the cases. I also heard that the H70 was a bit too noisy. Is it really so? I can tolerate little noise, but is the noise too much to ruin the gaming experience.

Edited by manueljenkin95

manueljenkin95
750W is more than enough for this system. Just be sure to buy the new, V2 revision of this power supply.

P8P67 Pro will do the job, and so will the CM 912 case.

I will buy the V2 version for sure. But, please let me know what are the new features of the V2 edition of the TX750 Power supply.

It's the entirely new PSU, producent by different company than older models - it's much higher quality and has also slightly more power.

74cXSsx.png

manueljenkin95

Friends, my decision of the motherboard has shifted to Asus P8P67 WS Revolution.

First of all, I would like to know if the HAF 912 would support this.

And then I would like to know what features that I will gain, and what features that I will miss out on this edition when compared to the P8P67 Pro. One thing that I noted is that the WS Revolution doesn't support XMP. Is it true? If true, will it have any impact on gaming, when used with Vengeance or Dominator 1600Mhz RAM?