Thames City Q & A (A GTA concept promo)

Mokrie Dela

Mokrie Dela

user posted image

Logo by 02fishera

Firstly I am going to "introduce" you to some characters from GTA: Thames City, a concept dreamt up by 02fishera.

Please post a question making it clear which character it's addressed to. Please make the questions interesting/creative. Absolutely anything - though if you're going to ask stupid questions like "how big's your dick?", make sure you also post a serious one.

Post as many as you want, but don't double post or spam.

Thanks.

The Characters:

Anthony "Ant" Matthews - a british Youth, man about town. Hes easy going and sees himself as a bit of a ladies man, though not everyone agrees. His confidence sometimes makes him seem cocky. Also the protagonist.

Vincent James - Ant's uncle, friend and employer. An old-school, straight talkig gangster, who seemingly leads a bOring life as a bar owner.

Max Shelby - A friend of Ant. He's a bit of a fitness freak, and lives his life in the fast lane. Working out, fast cars and races, girls are done of his passions.

Tony Harris - Local gangster. Known as 'Hard as nails harris' due to his lack of subtly and aggression. He doesn't much like young people, or anyone else for that matter.

Adam Bell - Ant's best friend. Returning from university, he's interested in setting up home inthe city and having a laugh, though he's usually down to earth and timid.

Lee Jones-Matthews - Ant's half brother. A complete joker. Doesn't take life very seriously. His interests seem to peak around getting stoned, or having a fun time.

Danny Ryan - A newcomer to the city, Irish, though it's hard to tell from hearing him speak (he has a weak accent). Old friend/contact of Tony Harris. Believed to be connected to the drugs trade.

Sir Arthur Caine OBE - Millionaire Media mogul. Runs his empire well and looks down on most of society.

Roberto Santos - Sir Caine's right hand man and head of security. A southern American who speaks with a convincing yankee tongue, he's in good shape and can play as hard as he works.

'Skinner' - A mysterious ex-SAS soldier, now living in recluse out in the West Country. Believed to be a vigilante at one time.

Iosef Andreyevich - Even more mysterious Russian. Thought to be ex-KGB. Is this even his real name?

Not all the characters. Wanna hear more about any? Ask away.

No limit to questions, but try not to ask them all at once smile.gif

Lets see if this works biggrin.gif

Edited by Mokrie Dela

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

Interesting list you've got there. Have you decided on which gangs are going to appear in the story?

Edited by 02fishera

Mokrie Dela
Interesting list you've got there. Have you decided on which gangs are going to appear in the story?

That'd be better for PM or in the thames topic tounge.gif

But not completely. I'll PM you smile.gif

Skinner,

Can you shed any light on the claims lining the pages of the Thames City gazette that you are, infact, "The Stig" from First Gear?

Sir Arthur,

How do you respond to alleged links between yourself and the East End underworld?

Mokrie Dela

Iosef

Drift-Kingz - this is curious name. What is the meaning of name? It is a face that someone address, not a word. Using name makes easier for people to learn about you, so I favour cover names. I spend years with use of fictitious names, and I'm tired of it. Should I use my real name? Maybe.

Sir Arthur Caine

Heavens no. Unfortunately I am not aware of these allegations you speak of. It would not do for one to venture into such an appalling world. I do not affiliate myself with such criminals. Petty theives and street-talking 'gangsters?' the idea that i, with my stature and empire, would allign myself with such ilk seems preposterous.

Skinner

I'm more worried that the papers know who I exist, then this stig guy. I'll have to look into that.

This is harder then i though. In person - when we did this in Drama at school - it's easier as you can put accents on, mispronounce things, vary the speed of the speech and the character in which one would say it. Caine's a bit of a well spoken guy, but conversely with a semi-cockney accent. Iosef is, of course, russian so there's the odd mis-speak, although Iosef has superb language skills.

Keep em coming though smile.gif

Edited by Mokrie Dela

Danny Ryan

Explain this character a little more please. Has he anything to do with the McRearys? What about his accent?

This is actually a great exercise to figure out the different voices of your characters, and you could do it on your own by just posing yoursef/your own characters various questions and then getting them to answer them. I might try it, seems like you'd learn a lot.

The first thing I'm learning here, unfortunately, is that all your characters sound the same. You mention in drama being able to shake things up with accents and stuff - well, you have to find a way to convey their voices through text and text alone. Your characters are all too well-spoken. The answers sound like they're coming from the same person - you.

I'm actually pretty impressed with the concept, though I imagine it's one of those "one shot deals", as in we couldn't see another without it getting old.

Mokrie Dela

Eminence - yeah I kind of worried about that. I may amend the answers, or write them as if it's a story - showing character actions too, which I think it lacks. Have all the answers written as if they're taken straight out of the story, as opposed to a straight up answer tounge.gif

I'll edit it later and expand the introductions a little more smile.gif

I'll also answer the next question later on too

The whole ideas was A to promote the concept and B go help develop the characters, and C to improve my abilities. smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...