Scarface HD Re-release

_Rob_

I'm psyched, to be honest any excuse to watch this film is a good one in my book, eedosmi, sorry drooled on the keyboard there.

Weren't they making a sequel as well?

jMNM8n3.gif

Were they honestly thinking of doing this? I don't see how it would play off nearly as well as the first.

kzgN7qp.png

Were they honestly thinking of doing this? I don't see how it would play off nearly as well as the first.

They canned it, was going to be "Son Of Scarface", sounds like a sh*t premise, basically what "Son Of Mask" was to "The Mask", bleergh barf8bd.gif

They canned it, was going to be "Son Of Scarface", sounds like a sh*t premise, basically what "Son Of Mask" was to "The Mask", bleergh barf8bd.gif

No, hold on. Martin Bregman, the guy who masterminded the original said that a Scarface 2 is "very extremely likely". So surely it's just a case of getting the right cast and a script then it'll get made?

I think if they hire the right actors and make a compelling story it will succeed although they need to reference back to the original and hire the old actors as well.

Yq5y51Y.png

Narcis_speed6

The game was a sequel, they should definitely make a movie based on it.

I think if they hire the right actors and make a compelling story it will succeed although they need to reference back to the original and hire the old actors as well.

My thoughts exactly.

jMNM8n3.gif

M. H. Hunter III

The game was more of a 'What If' scenario and not sequel alone.

Basically what if he didn't get his ass shot off by the guy who climbed up behind him and he escaped.

That being said I'll probably get a copy whenever I get the spare money and most certainly not the $1000 one.

La famiglia è tutto

The strength of a family,
like the strength of an army is in its loyalty to each other.
~ Mario Puzo ~

The game was more of a 'What If' scenario and not sequel alone.

Basically what if he didn't get his ass shot off by the guy who climbed up behind him and he escaped.

That being said I'll probably get a copy whenever I get the spare money and most certainly not the $1000 one.

^^ This. The game said "f*ck the original ending" But damn the way The game started out was truly Bad-ass.

As for the Blu-ray. I'm gonna get into BR since i got a PS3. A Clockwork Orange, The Godfather Part 1 & 2 and now this is on my short list.

TommyMufc-Champs

The game was a sequel, they should definitely make a movie based on it.

Nah just leave the movie as It Is. A sequel would suck.

AnthMUFC-Champs

To be honest it would be near impossible to make a sequel, for one most the actors are sadly too old or are dead unfortunately. A sequel would literally kill the reputation of the 1983 film so they should just leave it alone or make another film like Brian did with the one we all recognize. The 1983 classic was actually a remake of the 1932 version of the same name. So if there was to be another Scarface please let it be a remake and not a sequel but without a doubt it will never beat the 1983 version in my opinion it was a cult classic. I honestly was for a sequel when i first watched Scarface but now i have watched it allot more i have come to the realisation that they should just leave the dam movie alone.

I cant say i have seen the 1932 version but isn't it available in the special edition box which looks sick biggrin.gif. As for the deluxe edition if a was rich enough i would buy it tounge.gif but i guess thats cause i love that movie for what it is.

TO be honest if they did a remake it would be a disaster, they'd probably get someone like Nicholas Cage to play Tony :S. There are way to many remakes these days, where's the originality people? LEAVE THE CLASSICS ALONE!

To be honest it would be near impossible to make a sequel, for one most the actors are sadly too old or are dead unfortunately. A sequel would literally kill the reputation of the 1983 film so they should just leave it alone or make another film like Brian did with the one we all recognize. The 1983 classic was actually a remake of the 1932 version of the same name. So if there was to be another Scarface please let it be a remake and not a sequel but without a doubt it will never beat the 1983 version in my opinion it was a cult classic. I honestly was for a sequel when i first watched Scarface but now i have watched it allot more i have come to the realisation that they should just leave the dam movie alone.

I cant say i have seen the 1932 version but isn't it available in the special edition box which looks sick biggrin.gif. As for the deluxe edition if a was rich enough i would buy it tounge.gif but i guess thats cause i love that movie for what it is.

Yes, but it would be nice to know what happens to all the old characters. Don't you want to know what happened to the old characters?

AnthMUFC-Champs

The last time 'Scarface 2' was dicussed. Not again...

$1,000 for that? It should come with some cocaine for that price.

biggrin.gif Oh good old times, well to be honest i take most of that back after watching the movie more people have got to understand that things are better left alone. The time for a sequel died when most the actors became to old or passed away and a modern sequel would just kill it.

As far as the deluxe edition goes its safe to say that most fans will be priced out.

Edited by AnthMUFC-Champs

I don't see how a sequel could work. Tony died. The only way they could make a sequel is to change the ending, just like they did in the game. Still I think that movie would suck.

user posted image

A sequel could totally work. Two entry-level bums who help maintain the Montana empire could discover funds missing, go straight to the boss, being Tony, only to find him dead. A week of hilarity ensues as they embark on an adventure ripe with corpse tampering.

It could be called Weekend at Tony's.

vbSWr1A.gif

A sequel could totally work. Two entry-level bums who help maintain the Montana empire could discover funds missing, go straight to the boss, being Tony, only to find him dead. A week of hilarity ensues as they embark on an adventure ripe with corpse tampering.

I'd watch that sh*t.

How about a sequel/prequel? The above mentioned entry-level bums who help maintain the Montana empire could escape the battle in Tony's Delorean, which they find parked in the garage. During the subsequent high speed chase, they push the Delorean a hair past 88 mph thereby teleporting them two weeks into the past.

"Tony! I have to tell you about the future!"

jMNM8n3.gif

That would be epic, basically take Back To The Future, replace Marty with Tony and you've got the most amazing film ever, although I'm pretty sure Tony would do his mother in the car tounge.gif

AnthMUFC-Champs

I'd watch that sh*t.

Ditto tounge2.gif hahaha yeah who wouldn't want to watch that sh*t. On a serious note i dont see how the deluxe edition can cost near a $1000. Maybe if it included some real yeyo wink.gif or even the substance used in the film would be welcomed. I have always wondered what they used because they refused to reveal what it was. Either way i will be buying the special edition and to be honest i cant wait to kick back and chill and watch Scarface in high quality.

Edited by AnthMUFC-Champs