GTA 3 CODING

Kristal94

Well I joined the site today and I thought of asking few question on my favourite modding subject "coding". I used to view throught tutorials but regst was required to comment. Anyway my questions- 1)I made a stripped scm. But i know only major things to strip. In this script how do I put original gta3 missions, excluding mission 0. How to create your own threads? Is it possible to rename your threads randomly and in mission triggers as in some cases they don't work. 3) Is it possible to make a key press which can toggle in game map models any time. A example for this please. 4) How do I make new pickups. Well can texture it myself. Can it be possible to change player skins via markers or pickups? 4)How to make a marker which can teleport you to a certain place? Thats all I ask for now.

In this script how do I put original gta3 missions, excluding mission 0.

The scm file contains mostly only mission stuff, so you would need to copy almost whole part of the SCM. It starts with the mission 1 thread, scroll down till you find the last mission's thread.

How to create your own threads? Is it possible to rename your threads randomly

Yes you can rename them, but note that in the original SCM, there are many links to one thread, so it is not worth to change 1 thread name. http://www.gtamodding.com/index.php?title=Create_a_thread

Is it possible to make a key press which can toggle in game map models any time.

You mean changing the skin? Basic key presses are registered by 00E1 opcode.

How do I make new pickups

New pickup models or place some more pickups at LC? The first one can be done by modifying some existing, it is the best way. Second: http://www.gtamodding.com/index.php?title=0213.

Can it be possible to change player skins via markers or pickups? 4)How to make a marker which can teleport you to a certain place?

In the main loop you need to use an opcode, that checks if the player is at X, Y, Z with radius R. If it is then you use the set player pos opcode or set skin smile.gif.

Crawl back in your lair, jim..

bS8xA.png