GTA V : French Connection

BenDeR

I came across an interesting article in the Official Playstation Magazine (France - April's issue), where they say that GTA V will take place in Paris, Marseille, and maybe Lyon (which are all big cities in France). The game will be titled 'GTA V : French Connection' (they've also put a logo of the game in the mag). They think that Arnaud (some guy who Luis meets in TBOGT) might be the lead character.

Scan was not taken by me :

user posted image

I personally don't think this is true, but as always I would like everyone's opinion.

Interesting, but I can't decide on it because I don't know what it says ... can anyone here translate?

Interesting, but I can't decide on it because I don't know what it says ... can anyone here translate?

I already translated what was to know. They also say that Rockstar didn't give them much information, apart from some 3D models of Paris' monuments.

there was a gta san andreas mod called gta french connection, could they be talking about that?

The fact that it's April's issue should raise some red flags. April Fools anyone?

D'OH, didnt think of that

Sounds way to good to be true. It's probs just an April fools hoax - I remember ign did one in 09 claiming the next gta would be in Australia, which was so ironic coz the game would get banned or censored.

No! Let's stick with good old US cities for next GTA locaton... And this french guy was behaved to funny and weak to be GTA protagonist, i remember that luis meets him 2 times to help him because some jamaicans are chasing him because of some prostitues, IMO no way this will be next GTA protagonist...

user posted image

No way. Remember on 2009? GTA: Harbour City based in Australia? I don't think so, buddy. It's just a hoax, although really good. Maybe it isn't... who knows, nice find icon14.gif

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

grope_4_that_date

False.

GTA fans: prime target this April lol.gif

After the Gilbert Gottfried fiasco spread literally everywhere, I have a feeling there will be more and more things like this.

VercettiCrimeFamily

April Fools lets party Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

That's fake. That cannot be true.

If that's true, then it is the first time that I'm disapointed for a GTA.

Translation:

Here! The last official infos confirm it, GTA V will take place in France!

The complete title will be GTA: The French Connection as a tribute to the famous movie.

The story will take place in Paris (because it is the capital) and in Marseille, known for its gangs, mafia and drug dealings. Lyon as been evoked, but it is not confirmed.

Questions: Concerning the protagonist, it is a mistery. We need to remember that in GTA: The Ballad of Gay Tony, Luiz Lopez met Arnaud, a young french man in Libert City. Maybe this character will take an important role in GTA: French Connection... During this time, apart from a logo and some 3D models of Paris (the Louvre, l'Arc de Triomphe...) Rockstar's studios didn't give us many things. Maybe we'll see more at E3...

LukeWALTON9190

Nah, I'm calling April fools too. Even though there was some hints towards France in the EFLC manual (I think?)

CubA_iLL_BrothA
False.

Take this vote, f*ck the magazine.

Not suppose to use one word in post Grope.

Any more opinions?

Just as a heads up, don't you think the English/American version of the magazine would be reporting this if it was true. Clearly a poor French April Fools joke.

The latest edition of Playstation Magazine is teasing a huge game announcement which they’ll be making in their next issue.

The teaser can be found at the back cover of the magazine and contains the following message:

“We waited a long time. His great comeback is imminent. And it will make noise, lots of noise. But who is it?”

This message is accompanied by a blue silhouette on a black background.

user posted image

Wow.. This looks like a lot like grope_4_that_date's avatar, but it's just a coincidence, isn't it?

user posted image

Mister Pink
Seems he's wearing a chain. Any ideas?

Although it's probably coming together in everybody's mind after the shape of Brittany as the tear out on that film poster "Liberty City, It's Over", it's a bit obvious that it is an April Fools joke. The whole France geographical shape on the logo is obviously just a reference to the tear out.