Computer problems, need some help.

leik oh em jeez!

leik oh em jeez!

So I was enjoying my freshly installed copy of Oblivion on three monitors when a breaker flipped at my apartment, cutting power to my bedroom and most of the kitchen. By the time I turned my computer back on, I had to reconfigure the BIOS. This doesn't surprise me, does it about 50% of the time when power is completely lost to the system. The problem is, when I tried to boot back into Windows 7, it just stayed at the boot screen for 15 minutes. So I switched up the boot order and booted to my already semi-f*cked up Server 2003 install. It worked fine. So I then booted back into 7, at which point it booted normally, but gave me several errors about nvidia driver-related processes. So I logged on to find ultramon tell me it expired in that short period of time, iTunes helper failed to start, and I got two C++ runtime related errors. After that, I found out that explorer crashes if I right click. After several restarts, booting to last known good configuration, running windows start up repair, and windows memory test, it's still the same thing.

Also, Oblivion does nothing when I try to start it now. Counter Strike Source will go to the menu, but crash at the very thought of loading a map.

Any ideas?

Edited by leik oh em jeez!

Driftking120

Looks like the windows 7 install is messed up,

Also why did a breaker flip at your apartment just wondering?

The Hard Drive might have gone bad in a area or something to.

Also Nvidia Driver Problems could mean that the graphics card is fried or is having troubles.

I'd take the computer to a computer repair shop or to a good computer expert because to me its sounding like the computer is generally messed up.

Hope your computer works again soon smile.gif .

My first thought is HDD malfunction, can you give us SMART of all your hard drives?

74cXSsx.png

leik oh em jeez!

So I tried logging on to facebook and it wouldn't let me. Came up with certificate errors and then this page cannot be displayed when I hit continue anyway. So I figured it had messed up my system clock. So I go find it on the maze of a Windows 7 control panel. (Really, was changing "Time and Date" to "Date and Time" really a necessity for a new operating system?)

So I adjusted the date back to 2011 from 9999, and as soon as I hit okay, Oblivion popped up. I can also right click now. Haven't restarted yet, but everything appears to be fine. How the f*ck could the system time being off f*ck up so much?

I think this is a sign that Microsoft is planning on getting rid of right click and game support by the year 9999. ph34r.gif

leik oh em jeez!

That would explain quite a bit of it. But I'd think that Microsoft would block that year from being displayed if it caused that many problems. I mean it's one thing to assume that no one will use your product in a few years and screw something up, but I seriously doubt anyone will be using Windows 7 nearly 8,000 years from now.

PresidentKiller
... I seriously doubt anyone will be using Windows 7 nearly 8,000 years from now.

You never know. I actually know about people that still use Windows 3.1 in this day and age... mercie_blink.gif

uLAyIka.png