Weather/Climate variations

Tha Lunatic 510

Tha Lunatic 510

I think it would be nice to have blizzards and ice storms in the next GTA.. driving on icy roads and having/modding vehicles that can handle the weather would be pretty sick..

y'all have any weather suggestions?

Untame Snail

I want floods. The water levels should raise when it rains and every now and then, it comes down so much that there's minor flooding.

that would be sick. they shoulda had snow in liberty city but if they do san andreas they could add it in the countryside between cities. imagine throwin snowballs at pedestrians and cars Lol biggrin.gif

Snow, mist/fog that you can hardly drive in, proper rain storms which cause mini hurricanes, sunshine so hot that if you shoot a tree it causes bush fires, whirlpools in the ocean during bad storms.

OK so maybe a little too much to ask for biggrin.gif

i am kinda suprised that that they didnt put in seasons since they were going to realisim and stuff. id love to see the season change

Untame Snail

I just want anything to seriously affect driving conditions. Every time I wreck and it's not my fault for driving like an asshat, there's this weird, awesome feeling that doesn't usually come from video games. Fog, snow, and heavier rain would be perfect.

Flood would be awesome!

Imagine a road near a river which is overflowed, it would cause such trouble.

Heavy rains that cause a small flood in the city, hail which affect the driving conditions.

Or heavy snow, where your car would stick in the snow, ice on the roads, going on a iced lake, then the ice break and you fall in the lake with your car.

I'm jsut dreaming but damn, that would be so awesome!

I wouldn't mind seeing snow in mountainous areas. But I'm not so sure on stuff like flooding though, it'd be different that's for sure, but I'm not so sure I'd like it if it happened too often.

An iced over lake would be kind of neat though. I can see skidding across it with a Patriot or Rancher for fun or shooting out the ice under someone's feet and causing them to fall in.

It'd be pretty cool to see it snow in the city at times, have some sort of system that tells the game engine where snow should settle, although if it's VC(Miami) then that wouldn't work.

Finn 7 five 11

Snow would be pretty cool cool.gif (get my joke yeah it sucked) But in all seriousness this is one of the things i really would like to see, it would be fantastic to have a snow covered city, it could be a pain in the ass though so it would have to wear away quickly.

Hurricanes/tornadoes/cyclones, wow this would be awesome, driving your car into a hurricane and getting thrown across the map, that really would be awesome, it'd be like the swingset glitch except not a glitch, imagine watching peds getting sucked up, or landing on your bonnet from the sky, hahaha.

gta-the-best

Snow is one of the main things i think would be cool and if its like mafia 2 ( so it affects the driving and you see pedestrians slipping) then it would be even better.

Floods and a bit OTT IMO.

Very foggy+ blizzard+ country side+ large roads+ ability to mod vehicles into making them more drivable on snow( or maybe a super car)= epic drives/races!

@finn4life, I liked your joke man icon14.gif anyways..

Yes, seasons would be awesome. But the only way I see it working, is if the seasons change along with the story (i.e. after you complete a certain part of the story, the season changes), because some missions wouldn't be suitable in certain weather conditions (e.g. a lengthy car chase on icy, snow-caked roads).

Also, another hindrance of this idea is the location. If for example we return to Vice City, winter wouldn't really be much of a winter. It's kinda summer all year round there.

Temperatures, we should have our actions affect the temperature.

and have something that would show us the temperature in the news or something.

I just want anything to seriously affect driving conditions. Every time I wreck and it's not my fault for driving like an asshat, there's this weird, awesome feeling that doesn't usually come from video games. Fog, snow, and heavier rain would be perfect.

QFT

L71cGcK.png

Untame Snail

I hope the pedestrians react to the weather. It would be cool to see someone slip on ice or pass out in the heat, and for everyone to hide under awnings and trees when it rains.

Wouldn't think that would be difficult, if you've noticed in IV ped's get out umbrella's in the rain.

What about and weather indicator that sets the weather in your country to in-game, like it's snowing in Sweden and it's snowing in-game.

That'd be horrible, if you lived in Alaska you'd never experience any other weather than snow, meaning your gameplay experience would be harder than someone playing in Miami for instance.

A flood could be a good reason for closed bridges.

That's actually a pretty neat idea. I'm still not big on the idea of floods just happening during game play, but something like this would be pretty neat and I wouldn't mind seeing it placed in the beginning of the game as a barrier.

All depends on the locale. It's unlikely there'll be blizzards of pure white snow if the game is set in Vice City or Los Santos.

Seasonal changes are something that i'd like to see.

Summer, Spring, Autumn (fall) and Winter. As the game progresses, so do the seasons. Just like real life! wow.gif

user posted image

If snow is included, they should definately add snowmobiles coming out early in the morning, pushing away snow on the curbs. In the city streets you get the brown looking slush whilst in the countryside pure white snow, and blablabla biggrin.gif

Untame Snail

I want some LA smog

Which takes the form of John Locke and kills people. >:]