My GTA Logos

BnB

I created this topic to you my GTA logo work, to tel me if you like them and what I have to improve!

So,

user posted image

I will post more soon!

Edited by BnB

I have a problem the image on Photoshop looks like this:

user posted image

As you can see the shadow is more "solid".

On this forum looks very different

Narcis_speed6

Looks the same to me, if you mean by color.

for a better outcome you should remake the grand theft auto part.

Maybe it's just me but the Gangland looks off center. Needs to be nudged to the right a bit.

If you put up a guide line on the left edge of the G for grand and one on the right edge of last T of theft. Figure out the distance between them and divide in half, you'll have your center line.

Also, I know it's been a while since I worked with the Pricedown font but are the rounded parts of the letters always that sharp and straight?

Maybe it's just me but the Gangland looks off center. Needs to be nudged to the right a bit.

If you put up a guide line on the left edge of the G for grand and one on the right edge of last T of theft. Figure out the distance between them and divide in half, you'll have your center line.

Also, I know it's been a while since I worked with the Pricedown font but are the rounded parts of the letters always that sharp and straight?

You could also select both of the layers (GTA logo and the text) and then go to Layer > Aling > Horizontal Centers. smile.gif

And I'm not sure what's wrong with the text because I just tested out my Pricedown font on my PC and it came out nice and smooth, unlike the one displayed by in the OP.

The butcher, the baker, time to meet your maker

Tell you to your face, you ain't nuttin but a faker

Make your own 'GTA' logo. Download the font and play with the black stroke.

The butcher, the baker, time to meet your maker

Tell you to your face, you ain't nuttin but a faker

Narcis_speed6

The grand theft auto logo is to boxy, you should also add some effects on los santos, make it stand out

you can take example from one of my old logos:

user posted image

I don't know how or why your font is doing that, or maybe it's where you got it, so try this.

First go to the Fonts folder and delete the one you have installed.

Next go here http://hotfile.com/dl/111657118/43d9c1d/pricedown.zip.html this is directly from my Fonts folder

Install that font and try again.

If it still doing the same thing then it must be something you're doing in Photoshop.

If you're not using Photoshop then that might be a cause too and in which case what are you using?

Narcis_speed6

There is a effect applied to fonts, like antialiasing, you probably have it set to 'none'

user posted image

this window appears when txt tool is selected.

edit: check gfx discussion topic, I posted my logo, feel free to use it for your works.

Edited by Narcis_speed6

Drop the outer glow

AnotherDave

@BnB

A few points. First, the cityscape silhouette is obstructing the u and t of auto a little too much. Shorter or narrower building would work better. The second is the outer glow on Los Santos, it doesn't really work for me. Perhaps you could try a second solid outline? Finally, it would look better if both the text and skyline were centered relative to the GTA logo.

It's difficult to fault Narcis's Episodes From San Andreas logo, so take pointers from there if needed. Also, Narcis has made a high res GTA logo that you could use which can be downloaded in this thread. It's probably better than anything you'll find on Google.

hW0sZKX.png

EDIT:

user posted image

user posted image

Used Narcis logo and I tried not to cover the GTA logo. Also layer have Horizontal Centers.

Edited by BnB

Narcis_speed6

Glow parts are getting out of the canvas, make it bigger (2 times bigger than actual logo to be sure) then merge all layers

and copy paste the logo into a new document, photoshop will create the best canvas for it.

Take this http://i.imgur.com/MDEMX.png do the same arc to the LS part in this one http://i.imgur.com/rRnPg.png and drop the glow. Keep the colors the same only push up the LS part on the skyline a bit more and make sure you put the gap back that's between the R and T. The GTA part you did in this one http://i.imgur.com/rRnPg.png is fine other than the edges be wrong.

In GTA 3, VC and SA the gap is there. In IV and Chinatown Wars they changed it to fill in the gap. You're doing something based on SA so the gap should be there.

Edited by Wolf68k

Narcis_speed6
I think the logo looks better this way, Is based on GTA IV era logo.

First one. I just don't like the glow, although this time less of a glow and more of a stroke but whatever.

Maybe a bit more arc.

GangstaParadoc

user posted image

GANGLAND biggrin.gif)

user posted image

GANGLAND biggrin.gif)

WTF biggrin.gif )