Your favorite place?

WhistleBlower

WhistleBlower

This forum is dead. sad.gif

So I was curious, with Liberty City being the best city in the GTA series, what is your favorite place in the city? What is the one place you find that you always come back to, whether it's to relax or wreak havok? I'm a pretty big fan of Shoreside Vale so I often find myself near the safehouse on that island because of the view and the fact that it's a great place for a shoot-out with the police.

I like Portland the best, normally stick around the red light district and near Sals mansion. And yeah it's pretty much a gostown around III nowadays, but there are still some hardcore fans who prefer the original LC smile.gif

Well i like Stanuton Island....espcialy Bedford Poind and Torrington....i love to walk around there and kill people.I alos like Portland because its darker and dangerous.Hepbrum Heighs and Red Light District are my favorite locations in Portland.

I personaly think Shoresid its boring (my opinion) if I go there I stay only in Wichita Gardens or Pike cheek.Btw liberty city its AWESOME biggrin.gif

Hmmm nice bike

My favorite place in the city would probably have to be almost anywhere in Staunton Island, it's where I spent the most time free-roaming and doing random things when I wasn't doing story missions. I mainly like Torrington and Bedford Point, but I also like the northern parts of the island (Aspatria and Rockford). I also liked to just drive around the suburban parts of Shoreside Vale, that would have to be my second favorite place in the game. The scenery itself in that area was pretty nice icon14.gif

Claude Speed.
Portland is my favorite too, probably because I never got to the second island in the first months of playing the game, so most of my memories are of the first island. I like Red Light District the most, the buildings on the main road going down towards the safe house look nice, I also like the design of the subway stations. I like to turn Trails on, it looks good when it's night and it's raining or in the morning with sunny weather, it looks so fresh! I also love that echoing sound of the subway train.

Gone...but not quite.

Arsen Vitiuk

Cedar Grove in Shoreside Vale. That place is my personal favorite but I guess that the city in whole has its unique charm.

WhistleBlower
I also love that echoing sound of the subway train.

Same here, man. Anything that makes the city feel alive.

Well, it would be in Shoreside Vale, Cedar Grove. I like getting on those hills and watch the whole city from the top. That's a great place. I also like getting at the dam.

But I also like Portland Beach, one of the first places I went when I first played. Good memories.

My favorite place in Liberty City was the Callahan Bridge. Before unlocking Staunton Island I used to head to the bridge a lot and just stand there looking at the skyline. It was my first time seeing the GTA world in full 3D, so the view just blew me away.

Even today that view just blows me away, despite the graphics being dated and that the new LC is even bigger with more breath taking views, but this one always struck me the most as it was the first epic view I witnessed in the GTA series.

user posted image

Edited by sonnyBlack

WhistleBlower

This might sound silly but I feel that the dated graphics add to the game's charm.

To be honest with you, I don't think that sounds silly at all. As much as I love how the new graphics look, whenever I play one of the older games, I always feel they have that true GTA feel to them over the newer ones.

Guys I always loved Portland the best. Maybe because it is the point of the beginning in the creation of GTA III? Also note, that textures are more complex and more different to each other in Portland smile.gif

WhistleBlower

To be honest with you, I don't think that sounds silly at all. As much as I love how the new graphics look, whenever I play one of the older games, I always feel they have that true GTA feel to them over the newer ones.

It might have something to do with the fact that it was during a time when you would get excited for the graphics. We didn't have high-def resolutions, dynamic lighting, and a tiresome 3D gimmick on consoles in those days. Nowadays the realism isn't as exciting anymore because we're at that point where some games can look "better than real". That is to say that the changes are more subtle now.

Edited by WhistleBlower

I like Portland the best, normally stick around the red light district and near Sals mansion. And yeah it's pretty much a gostown around III nowadays, but there are still some hardcore fans who prefer the original LC smile.gif

So true. I live in NYC, but I prefer GTA III LC over the GTA IV version(which closely resembles the real NYC). It has a certain charm about it that I can't explain.

I love driving around Portland on a rainy/grey day, listening to Lucy's "Forever" on the radio. I still play the PS2 GTAs as much as the newer ones.

My wish is Rockstar giving the GTA III LC, Vice and SA a PS3 upgrade.

I love; Portland Harbor, Harwood Crusher, and the pier and grassy area around the cafe in Callahan Point.

I just hang out there and listen to the radio, sometimes I like the train platforms to make peds get crushed by the train.

G1T

VercettiCrimeFamily

Portland Harbour for me icon14.gif

WhistleBlower
I love; Portland Harbor, Harwood Crusher, and the pier and grassy area around the cafe in Callahan Point.

I just hang out there and listen to the radio, sometimes I like the train platforms to make peds get crushed by the train.

Yeah, the cafe and train platforms are nice in Portland. When I was younger, early on in the game, I used to pretend that Claude was hanging out there waiting for someone. Then I'd put in a cheat to increase the wanted level and Claude would be in a shoot-out with the police.

Portland was my favorite island to be. It has so many places you could go and each area you could make your own story. I always liked the glitched warehouse in Atlantic Quays I would pretend I was getting ready for a big drug deal to go down. I would either be the drug dealer and use a high class car like a Cheetah or Infernus to drive.

(or)

I would use the FBI car (my favorite law enforcement vehicle) and bust it up! happy.giflol.gif

I prefer Staunton. Big my time spent here. Especially Torrington and Bedford Point. They have best feeling for me. I don't like hanging out in Shoreside Vale, because it seems boring. I sometimes think it's just a suburb area with no action. In Portland I don't like to be at rainy night in dark districts like Saint Marks (when Leones hate you), Portland Harbour and Atlantic Quays.. Boo ! biggrin.gif I like to be In Red Light District mostly. You can relax and make here whatever you want,being safe from Diablos, Mafia and Triads. biggrin.gif Especially location in the street nearby Luigi's Club 7.

I like to be In Red Light District mostly. You can relax and make here whatever you want,being safe from Diablos, Mafia and Triads. biggrin.gif Especially location in the street nearby Luigi's Club 7.

I never had much luck with Portland after all the gangs started hating you it seems like the Triads and Diablos overlaped the R.L.D. for me.

Every cities looks good but Liberty City is one of my favorite place in GTA.

========================

Earl Nunes

Every cities looks good but Liberty City is one of my favorite place in GTA.

========================

Earl Nunes

You're right. It IS the best smile.gif Then goes San Andreas and Vice. IV'S LC doesn'[t have that feeling, which III era's one have. I saw some screens dabout game and nearly started crying and today I install the game after a pause colgate.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Home! J.K. xD

Red Light District, and Francis International Airport...

Edit:

Off-Topic

@Jool yeah, but the park in Algonquin, is similar like the Park in Staunton!

The most place that makes me feel like GTA III era...

Edited by lol232