Rebecca Black

TheBlackProject

Nah something tells me music or popular culture/media students will be studying such artists. And laughing hopefully.

user posted image

They won't even know who they are, or even that they existed.  But they will probably know the names of bands/artists like Led Zeppelin, Michael Jackson, and so on...you know - the people that really influenced music.

If we had the option to "rate up" posts, yours would get my vote.

icon14.gif

7FTgFLB.png

Clem Fandango
Nah something tells me music or popular culture/media students will be studying such artists. And laughing hopefully.

How many awful pop stars do you remember from the 60s and 70s? None? Then what makes you think our terrible pop stars will stand the test of time?

Claude Speed.

Fridays will never be the same! cry.gif

That unplugged version makes the song even sh*ttier because the stupid ass lyrics don't fit the instrumental at all.

This makes Justin Bieber sound a thousand times better.

lol, a funny comment from YouTube:

Which seat should she take?

I'd give her electric chair !!!

Gone...but not quite.

How many awful pop stars do you remember from the 60s and 70s? None? Then what makes you think our terrible pop stars will stand the test of time?

Fair point.

The new unplugged version is even worse. confused.gif

user posted image

Minus the Boom

Anyone remember when world famous musicians were edgy, unpredictable, original, clever and TALENTED?

Why yes...yes, I do. They were in in for the love of music, not for the love of money and popularity. The industry is soured to the point now where true passion doesn't work. Too bad for music I guess. The money machine now outweighs the passion, leaving the people who actually care about the music in it's wake.

Don't get me wrong. There are still a few slivers of hope, and I almost sense a change in the future, since there still are people who care about music.

There've always been rotten apples, but to this day the artists who are dedicated to making music they and others enjoy listening to still outnumber the crappy pop teen stars/bands, you just don't see them as much as you see Disney-signed crap. Why it is that way I can't quite tell much in the same way I can't quite tell you how it was before the 90's but I do know that for every 'popular' artist I can give you a dedicated, talented, 'decent' artist or band.

you as in, general speak, not specifically tripmills.

Watching this made a question pop up in my mind...

Do kids in the US really do this sh*t? I mean, look at them, they don't look older than 13.

When I was 13, we hung out beside a basketball court and the one who brought cigarettes was the sh*t.

Do kids these days really 'kick it in the front/back seat' and go to suspicious late-night parties on parking lots?

These girls look like whores for f*cks sake.

Also: LOL at 'Fun fun fun, partying, partying, partying'

Agreed. Do 16 year old boys who havent hit puberty really have a convertible sports car in wich they go to parking lot parties (and don't drink)?

convertible sports car

It's a Chrysler Sebring. By far one of the worst vehicles that was on sale in the US.

Actually makes a lot of sense for this video.

7FTgFLB.png

At least Justin Bieber has better songwriters than Rebecca Black. He's also worthier of being where he's at today.

LOL heard it earlier and this post will be the end of my discussion on her.

I will go on with my life forgetting this song 5 minutes from now and I suggest everyone else do the same.

Its just not worth going all crazy about I'll listen to music that doesn't make me feel retarded.

And just so everyone knows today is sunday which is 2 days after friday.

TheBlackProject
LOL heard it earlier and this post will be the end of my discussion on her.

I will go on with my life forgetting this song 5 minutes from now and I suggest everyone else do the same.

Its just not worth going all crazy about I'll listen to music that doesn't make me feel retarded.

And just so everyone knows today is sunday which is 2 days after friday.

Why abandon this? This is something we can make fun of and laugh at. This Friday I am going to put the song on a CD, roll down the windows and max out the speakers on the busiest streets in the city while I dance and lipsync the song. It will creep people out.

A sick perverted Canadian sent me this earlier today. I threw up a little on my keyboard.

He's such a motherf*cker!

Edited by ChossenOne
user posted image

I can be pretty subjective about things in regards to music but this is legitimately awful on just about every level.

From the annoying autotuned voice, to the wack presentation to those F UCKING inane "lyrics"! angry.gif

May she reverse booty plant on to the Morningstar's pitchfork for a thousand years to come. devil.gif

I guess we can all laugh as much as we want. I heard that she has a sh*t ton of downloads from iTunes. You know one of those music sources you pay for your music. So I guess she is making some cash from her 15 minutes of shame.

So youtube is currently bugged to where you can thumbs a video down or up as much as you want. Apparently people really don't like Rebecca Black.

kzgN7qp.png

Whether you like her or not, this girl has gotten you guys posting for 9 pages so far.

Don't give 'er the time o'day.

TheBlackProject
So youtube is currently bugged to where you can thumbs a video down or up as much as you want. Apparently people really don't like Rebecca Black.

Holy sh*t, everyone hates her. And why do all these pre-pubescent girls have pimples on their faces? The director of this video definitely just picked out a few bitches out on the street for actors which probably happened to be in a sh*t-hole like Atlantic City.

How can you not realize that these girls are obviously her friends irl? Ark Music Project makes music videos for rich kids that can't really sing, then they autotune the sh*t out of their voices.

4XEtraA.jpg

lol

she is horrible even without the auto tune

That's surprising and a disappointment. I was expecting her to be insanely good.

I guess we can all laugh as much as we want. I heard that she has a sh*t ton of downloads from iTunes. You know one of those music sources you pay for your music. So I guess she is making some cash from her 15 minutes of shame.

So she's definitely cashing in off the concept of 'Friday,' I'll give her full credit for that. But has anyone yet dared to sing about....Saturday? moto_whistle.gif

TheCacti opens his Garage Band application

Vanilla Shake

i'm just pissed that it's actually friday right now and I was looking forward to chillin' to some ice cube

user posted image

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

So she's definitely cashing in off the concept of 'Friday,' I'll give her full credit for that. But has anyone yet dared to sing about....Saturday?  moto_whistle.gif

TheCacti opens his Garage Band application

I smell a hidden bonus track on her upcoming album.

Sorry to be a dick with an honest answer to the question, but yes.

Link to youtube so as not to pollute Rebecca's thread.

One of my favorites - if you listen, just know that the first 30secs is them f*cking around with their monitors.

A little overdone, but still hilarious.

kzgN7qp.png

Sorry to be a dick with an honest answer to the question, but yes.

Link to youtube so as not to pollute Rebecca's thread.

One of my favorites - if you listen, just know that the first 30secs is them f*cking around with their monitors.

You dick!

All the more reason to give credit to R.Black. The girl clearly did her research, and knew exactly which parts of the calendar to exploit.

p.s. nice link, I'm no stranger to the on-stage shenanigans of the dead wink.gif saw Phil & Friends aplenty along the east coast many years back and was lucky enough to see part of the reunion tour at red rocks!

re: the Friday film mashup, that is without a doubt the best way to listen to the song. It was almost....en...joy...able..