Rebecca Black

TheBlackProject

TheBlackProject
As seen on Tosh.Comedycentral.com

Did you really think this was real?

EDIT: it's also on The Daily Blog and a sh*tload of other stuff. The only reason it's known is because it's bad. It's not like people actually enjoy the damn thing.

You know, you're wrong in so many ways. Girls in my age (high school) listen to Justin Bieber and Jonas Brothers all the time, I see on facebook that they are attending their concerts and sh*t. Don't ask me why, but that's just the way it is.

Today my neighbor just came back from college in another city about 3 hours away, it was her homecoming and when I was mowing the lawn I heard her listening to Justin Bieber. I also heard that my cousin in Germany is attending his concert soon. See? All girls like him.

I don't know about you guys, but this certainy ruined MY friday.

The beat is catchy, which in most cases is good. But in this case? Rip out my eardrums please.

Yesterday was thursday and today is friday? Well f*cking done Rebecca! I'm sure everyone in the world was clueless. Tommorow is saturday, and sunday comes afterwards? What type of lyrics are those? The use of "afterwards" brought that part to a massive low, and the song was already low enough.

Then comes the 34 year old black rapper, as if he's trying to save the song, having a look on his face that says "I'm only doing this because I'm getting paid".

The chorus sounded like a robot going haywire, it's voice box damaged to produce ear-bleeding high-octave sounds that pierce the brain and eat away at the lobes that control sanity and suicidal tendencies.

This was a waste of both my time and the 2 mb of bandwith that it used up on my Iphone. Terrible lyrics, disatorously computer-enhanced singing and incredibly pathetic visuals.

Sorry Bec, but Isee no future for you in music if THIS is what you plan to produce.

snip

Justin Bieber is not this girl. The reason this chick's video is famous is solely because it's bad. If you do like it then good for you, but that's not the reason it's on Tosh.O, The Daily Blog, FunnyJunk or any other site. Justin Bieber is famous because girls like him. Rebecca Black is pseudo-famous because people dislike her. That's the bottom line.

kzgN7qp.png

Drift-Kingz

I think we should give her the benefit of the doubt. As TenaciousD said, she's just an innocent teenager who got a music video for her birthday and it's just been blown out of proportion. The sh*tty lyrics and suspect singing mixed with such a professional looking video made everyone wonder what the f*ck was going on, it went viral and more and more people were asking how this could happen.

She doesn't deserve the hate.

I'm not sure people hate her in General. I think they just hate her cause she made a sh*tty song.

Pfft, she still sucks though. I can't say I exactly hate her. I don't even know the girl that much whatsthat.gif

She's terrible looking.

People tend to hate the player rather than the game.

They know sh*tless about the players. They look at their creations and that's when they judge whether they hate them or not.

Why do you think a lot of people hate Beiber? monocle.gif

This song is like Baby Baby from Justin Bibier!!!

Friends do you found her ugly??I think she's a pretty girl!!But this video gives me epilepsy!!

Clem Fandango
Do any of you people ever feel sad for the kids that are being fed with this sh*t? I feel offended with what we're being offered to is considered music, really.

Capitalism + Teenagers = Fail/$$$

I could write a better song in a comatose-vegetative state. Fact.

ah-hem

I hate it when people complain about how awful something on the internet is, then send a link to all their little friends.

You people fuel this horsesh*t by watching it. If everyone had the ability to ignore things that displeased them, then it would merely go away.

vbSWr1A.gif

After all is said and done, I don't remember the last time I've been so excited for it being a Friday.

FlavouredMilk
After all is said and done, I don't remember the last time I've been so excited for it being a Friday.

....that I wrote a song while slamming my face on a wall.

user posted image

Horrific song and video. I especially liked the rap solo, featuring what appears to be a bloated version of Usher.

i lol'd at the picture tounge2.gif

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, really. People just can't help but discuss how sh*t something is, when in effect that just stokes the coals of infamy, allowing it to continue, grow and reappear.

Someone, somewhere, has probably composed some sort of mind-altering musicianship since this thread was created, but none of us will ever hear it. Or if we do, we wouldn't make a thread about it.

TheBlackProject

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, really. People just can't help but discuss how sh*t something is, when in effect that just stokes the coals of infamy, allowing it to continue, grow and reappear.

Someone, somewhere, has probably composed some sort of mind-altering musicianship since this thread was created, but none of us will ever hear it. Or if we do, we wouldn't make a thread about it.

In a way, you're right. But I mean, what's wrong with it? It's just for laughs. Did you see anyone making a short post just saying "she sucks i hope she dies"? Everyone made some contribution to the thread, and a few posts made me giggle. But you came along saying "oh, well this is another rant. how typical" like we're posting sh*t all over Twitter about it.

Just because we're making fun of it, and we're not discussing real news, it means it's the end of the world. panic.gif

Edit: I do see where you're coming from. Seeing all those teenagers writing crap on music legend's comments on YouTube is a drag, people writing about Justin Bieber being the worst musician while it has nothing to do with the video.

Edited by TheBlackProject

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

I found a brilliant version of the song.

Fixed.

After they removed the Dylan Version of the Song I went looking for someone else that may have put it up........to find this little jewel.  icon14.gif

That song kinda sounded like the Elephant man signing about how he hates the body and life he is in as I kept hearing 'let me out' over and over again. It was much more emotional moving and interesting to listen to than Black's song confused.gif

The point is missed if you aren't familair with the Dylan Version, in my opinion.

The position and attitude is like the difference between melancholy for Dylan and mania for Black.

Take Black's version vs....

.......I'm going to go and cry now.

Clem Fandango

Fixed.

e011axeCL-A

After they removed the Dylan Version of the Song I went looking for someone else that may have put it up........to find this little jewel.  icon14.gif

That song kinda sounded like the Elephant man signing about how he hates the body and life he is in as I kept hearing 'let me out' over and over again. It was much more emotional moving and interesting to listen to than Black's song confused.gif

This is the most depressing thing I've heard all day.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Fixed.

e011axeCL-A

This is the most depressing thing I've heard all day.

What can we say?

Black's version of the song is an inspiration toward depression.

I (and HGF) feel this is more appropriate in the music section, so moved.

in5dJdX.png

Sure it's hilariously awful, but the biggest culprits in this crime are the mongoloids linking the video JUST to complain. Bad publicity is still publicity, and you assholes are making Ark Music Project a buttload of monies. This was just some spoiled girl whose rich dad paid some sum (assuming a stupidly large one) to make her a video for her birthday. And you guys turned her into a viral superstar. Way to go, you are all the gasoline for the fire.

4XEtraA.jpg

Sure it's hilariously awful, but the biggest culprits in this crime are the mongoloids linking the video JUST to complain. Bad publicity is still publicity, and you assholes are making Ark Music Project a buttload of monies. This was just some spoiled girl whose rich dad paid some sum (assuming a stupidly large one) to make her a video for her birthday. And you guys turned her into a viral superstar. Way to go, you are all the gasoline for the fire.

It's exactly the same with Justin Bieber. The people that go on about how annoying he is are only perpetuating his career. If they really want him (or Rebecca Black) to go away, stop talking about them!

in5dJdX.png

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

@Ottae> Thanks man, for the move. icon14.gif

@Moonshield>I wonder how dad is going to feel when he gets word of the layering in the song.

WTF?! is my bet.

Fixed.

At the beginning i only heard NOMONNOMNOMNOM Let me out.

I can hear it plain as day as well.

Strawberry Fields Forever much?

Which if both the forward and backwards version of that song will tell you anything it is this.

Who decided to layer the word that is the elephant in the room into this song?

Despicable.

Oh, I am sure that most of you have no idea what I am talking about so.

back masked "let me out" = "rape"

No sh*t.

Back Masking 101

very interesting little find there, mate.

I wonder who the guilty part is int he layering of that song.

=====

Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

I guess that we will not see an end to the origin of the song soon.

http://okayfm.com/radio/?p=1046

Sad really.

The Dylan song "serial number on the side of the disc" is for Watching the River Flow/Spanish is the Loving Tongue 4-45409 http://www.musicfoto.com/memo/dylan/

Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Watching this made a question pop up in my mind...

Do kids in the US really do this sh*t? I mean, look at them, they don't look older than 13.

When I was 13, we hung out beside a basketball court and the one who brought cigarettes was the sh*t.

Do kids these days really 'kick it in the front/back seat' and go to suspicious late-night parties on parking lots?

These girls look like whores for f*cks sake.

Also: LOL at 'Fun fun fun, partying, partying, partying'

Edited by Gundog
You are an aperture through which the universe is looking at and exploring itself.

Anyone remember when world famous musicians were edgy, unpredictable, original, clever and TALENTED? Nah me niether, I was born in the 90s. All these kiddy pop artists are just following the tradition laid down by all those who came before them (girl"bands", boy"bands" etc)...

"In People Magazine, Simon Cowell admitted his admiration for Black, saying: 'I love her [and] the fact that she's gotten so much publicity. People are so upset about the song, but I think it's hysterical.' Also adding 'I want to meet her. Anyone who can create this much controversy within a week, I want to meet. I love people like that."

Oh f*cking hell, now the Devil himself wants to make a deal...

Edited by SIKKS66
user posted image

Anyone remember when world famous musicians were edgy, unpredictable, original, clever and TALENTED?

Why yes...yes, I do. They were in in for the love of music, not for the love of money and popularity. The industry is soured to the point now where true passion doesn't work. Too bad for music I guess. The money machine now outweighs the passion, leaving the people who actually care about the music in it's wake.

Don't get me wrong. There are still a few slivers of hope, and I almost sense a change in the future, since there still are people who care about music.

Anyone remember when world famous musicians were edgy, unpredictable, original, clever and TALENTED?

Why yes...yes, I do. They were in in for the love of music, not for the love of money and popularity. The industry is soured to the point now where true passion doesn't work. Too bad for music I guess. The money machine now outweighs the passion, leaving the people who actually care about the music in it's wake.

Don't get me wrong. There are still a few slivers of hope, and I almost sense a change in the future, since there still are people who care about music.

most of the people that do it for the love go unheard of.

if you are in music for the money you'll go straight to the top usually.

user posted image

$$H New York Crew

Agreed. It breaks my heart knowing that little arrogant sh*ts like Bieber with such limited musical talent are far more universally known and wealthy than musicians like my favourite band Opeth. I think their music is as close to perfection as you can get in the modern era but at the end of the day it's all opinion I guess.

Concepts of what makes "high-brow" and "low-brow" art are hundreds of years old, people have applied it to everything from books to movies to music. I love Raymond Chandler novels but back in the day they were considered trashy and cheap compared to works of great fiction but that's just my opinion. In this respect I guess I have sympathy for fans of Bieber and similar trashy music but only a little bit lol.

I guess the only thing that can be done is support who you love to the death and just pour yourself a stiff drink everytime you witness something you have nothing but contempt for get the attention and money.

I'd sure love to know what our descendants in the future are going to make of Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black...

user posted image

I'd sure love to know what our descendants in the future are going to make of Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black...

They won't even know who they are, or even that they existed. But they will probably know the names of bands/artists like Led Zeppelin, Michael Jackson, and so on...you know - the people that really influenced music.