Kids fighting back

Pico

This video may not be for the squeemish, or who just do not like seeing any violence. While it's not overly brutal, there is a pretty big hit 23 seconds in. Read below if you just want a synopsis.

edit: Youtube video now found:

My post revolves around that video. To summarize:

The little kid on the left punches the large kid on the right in the face then squares off and tries to throw some gut shots. The boy on the right takes the abuse clearly attempting to avoid confrontation but finally gets sick of it and proceeds to pick the smaller boy up and body slams him. He does NOT viciously attack him or starting hitting others. He clearly keeps a defensive stance and walks away, even when another boy walks towards him.

The large boy is named Casey and apparently gets bullied often. The poster of the video said this:

The larger kid on the right, is my son's friend Casey - thankfully they don't go to the same school. Poor Casey has been bullied his whole high school life, and this is what happens when he snaps!! But guess who was suspended in this scenario - Casey!!

The point of the thread: Do you agree that it's ok for children to defend themselves in such a way? And do you think that he should have been suspended for his actions?

I think it's totally ok, and I don't think there should have been any action. They have video proof of the fight. While it may be lacking any possible earlier physical, and even verbal, confrontation you can see the small kid is mocking and in clearing good shape and not attacking the big kid out of anger. While it's not smart, and I wouldn't promote violence, his actions were just in that he was (1) being physically attacked, (2) your immediate reaction is instinctual to fight back and (3) in all honesty it would likely prolong him being bullied if he ran (more fuel for their fire to mock him with) and they possibly would have caught him and hit him more.

On a side note, I love seeing the bullied fight back. That little sh*t head got what he deserved.

Edited by Pico
1xHtopY.png

Mike Tequeli

I saw this on the escapist earlier today, I laughed pretty hard at the absurdity of it. This man bear victim seems like he easily could of devastated that kid any time. The bully in this situation is so pathetic, I mean he looks like he has cancer or something, I can't imagine myself ever being pushed around by such a sad looking f*ck.

As for the matter at hand, the zero tolerance policy on violence doesn't really help anyone, it just makes victims feel like they've done something wrong for defending themselves.

user posted image

Hahahah holy sh*t he dropped him so hard he gave the little f*cker polio.

edit - damn, he's in high school?

To actually respond to the question posed: Yes, he should be allowed to defend himself in the way that he did. And yes, he should be suspended. According to the facebook page he got 4-5 days and the future wheelchair olympics MVP got 22 days. You can't have a zero-tolerance policy and then ignore violence, even if it is in self-defense and completely justified.

oVAzxRq.png

Holy f*ck.

Now THATS gotta hurt. I saw a guy do that to someonce, and it didnt so well.

But really, the kid really looked like a little nothing, the guy was such a pussy for even being bullied by such a thing.

Yl8KS.jpg

I can't blame that Casey kid for doing that; I mean, he was defending himself. That body slam was awesome - he certainly showed that little sh*t the definition of owned.
clEsyRO.gif

he shouldn't have been suspended. he wasn't the one bullying, he was just mostly defending himself. the body slam was a bit brutal and i could see why casey got in trouble, because he could have caused the bully to land on his head, and possibly get a concussion, as the bully was mostly throwing mostly weak punches, although he still should have gotten suspended if he wasn't already. casey should have just gotten a warning or maybe detention or have to go see a counselor. i think this could have been avoided if casey tried to talk to someone about the bullying. that's probably the main reason why he was suspended.

CryptReaperDorian
I think the c*nt filming should be suspended.

He did provide evidence, but you're still kind of right. Couldn't he have gone to get a school staff member instead of fapping over a fight?

Then again, that little sh*t deserved what he got. Oh, and Casey shouldn't have been suspended. While that slam might be overboard, self-defense shouldn't be punishable.

Mafia Drive Gunner

he shouldn't have been suspended. he wasn't the one bullying, he was just mostly defending himself. the body slam was a bit brutal and i could see why casey got in trouble, because he could have caused the bully to land on his head, and possibly get a concussion, as the bully was mostly throwing mostly weak punches, although he still should have gotten suspended if he wasn't already.  casey should have just gotten a warning or maybe detention or have to go see a counselor. i think this could have been avoided if casey tried to talk to someone about the bullying. that's probably the main  reason why he was suspended.

Please don't start this bullsh*t about "telling someone you're being bullied".

In my later years of primary school I got bullied a bit and watching that video reminded me of some of the things I did. I can remember 2 or 3 times when I snapped and hurt someone badly, because, like Casey, I tried to avoid confrontation, but also similarly to Casey, I was bigger than most (taller and broader, not fatter tounge.gif ). Then it was awfully frustrating being told that you were the villain in all this, and it did nothing for your self esteem. Telling someone you're being bullied (in this case a teacher) generally doesn't solve the problems, just means that the bully has more reason to scold the person being bullied, which leads to more confrontation and more anger.

That's not to say that what Casey did was right, but seriously, what else was going to stop that little sh*t bullying him? That's the only reason I ever lashed out at someone bullying me, and they never bothered me again. The reason he was suspended was because the school can't set a precedent of letting him get away with it, regardless of the circumstances.

By the way, best of luck to the little sh*t walking again. Not. Asshole.

GrandMaster Smith

that was badass! little sh*t got what he deserved...

From my point of view, the kid was completely in the right todo that, I mean you can't just let some punk walk all over you like that. If you run to a teacher and tell it's usually only going to make the situation worse off for the one being bullied.. but showing the bully that he doesn't mess around and can f*ck someone up if they try and mess with him will actually teach the bully a lesson rather than punishment of not being allowed at school for x amount of days.

Tis is justified in my eyes.

Dunno why the little prick would pick a fight with a guy twice his size the the stupidity of that alone deserves the beatdown lol. Loved the limping around at the end, he'll sure think twice about messing with a guy again. I'm thinking if more people stood up to bullies like this, the arrogant f*cks wouldn't be quite so arrogant.

Having said that, ouch. He is only a kid. Kids do dumb things like this every day all over the world.

user posted image

he shouldn't have been suspended. he wasn't the one bullying, he was just mostly defending himself. the body slam was a bit brutal and i could see why casey got in trouble, because he could have caused the bully to land on his head, and possibly get a concussion, as the bully was mostly throwing mostly weak punches, although he still should have gotten suspended if he wasn't already.  casey should have just gotten a warning or maybe detention or have to go see a counselor. i think this could have been avoided if casey tried to talk to someone about the bullying. that's probably the main  reason why he was suspended.

In my later years of primary school I got bullied a bit and watching that video reminded me of some of the things I did. I can remember 2 or 3 times when I snapped and hurt someone badly, because, like Casey, I tried to avoid confrontation, but also similarly to Casey, I was bigger than most (taller and broader, not fatter tounge.gif ). Then it was awfully frustrating being told that you were the villain in all this, and it did nothing for your self esteem. Telling someone you're being bullied (in this case a teacher) generally doesn't solve the problems, just means that the bully has more reason to scold the person being bullied, which leads to more confrontation and more anger.

That's not to say that what Casey did was right, but seriously, what else was going to stop that little sh*t bullying him? That's the only reason I ever lashed out at someone bullying me, and they never bothered me again. The reason he was suspended was because the school can't set a precedent of letting him get away with it, regardless of the circumstances.

if you can provide enough evidence that the bully is using physical violence that should be enough to get them suspended, and the bully most likely will stop bullying at school as long as they care about going to school.

telling works, you just have to do it right.

if you can provide enough evidence that the bully is using physical violence that should be enough to get them suspended, and the bully most likely will stop bullying at school as long as they care about going to school.

That never happened when I was in school. Pure nonsense.

Yl8KS.jpg

so you told an authority, and they did nothing? define nothing.

The link just takes me to a page that has nothing but videos posted by friends...

Glad there is a gif.

From what I have read I don't believe the kid should have been suspended. If there is a zero tolerance policy then I understand his suspension. The school is just doing what they have to do. I would then take issue with the zero tolerance policy. Zero tolerance is a bullsh*t policy created to ensure the same punishment is delt to each child so sue happy parents don't squeeze the district for money when they feel their child has been punished unfairly. In short our f*cked up legal system gets children suspended for defending themselves, amongst other things.

Hell of a body slam.

im50CZq.gif
Mii44or.gif

He had every right to defend himself. And he really got that 'bully' (pipsqueak is more like it) good too, I really hope this did well in keeping others from considering messing with him now.

Since it said he had a history of being bullied, this should've been taken into account on why he'd snap. Why should he be punished for it when it was most likely being built up from all that has been done to him? If anyone should be to blame, it should be the staff for not being able to keep order over their students, as well as the bully's fault for instigating the situation. If you're unable to look after your students and have incidents like this happen, you shouldn't be running a school.

I don't necessarily condone violence, but as I said earlier, he had a right to defend himself, and fighting back has been shown to be a deterrent against bullying, as long as you don't go too far however. But again, the staff should have done more to keep this kid from being bullied so much so he wouldn't snap in the first place.

sh*t like this happens more than daily in public schools in Australia. I don't know what the big deal is.

WbZaxRP.png

sh*t like this happens more than daily in public schools in Australia. I don't know what the big deal is.

Really? It never ever happens in the rest of the civilized world! I've certainly never heard of such a thing. Physical violence in schools you say? Pish posh, says I!

monocle.gif

im50CZq.gif
Mii44or.gif

leik oh em jeez!

Link is broken. Are we even sure that Casey isn't the bully? He looks like he's had a bajillion times more experience in fights and could have easily broken that little kids neck.

Mafia Drive Gunner

so you told an authority, and they did nothing? define nothing.

They say to the bully, "That's bad, don't do it again." That's because they can't really do anything more than that. Without expelling or suspending someone from school, they can't physically stop a bully from doing what they want without full time supervision at school, because it is just un-logistical and unfair. And to say they will stop if they care about going to school, how many kids do you know around that kids age (lets say 12-13) that, given the choice would rather be at school or wherever they want. Don't get me wrong, in most cases they will get disciplined by their parents so that argument can be discounted.

But essentially, the 'authority', in this case, the teachers, can't do anything too drastic because if the child constantly gets in trouble the parents will begin to blame the school for discriminating against their child.

There was a kid here that ended up stabbing a bully that attacked him. WHERE IS THE SUPPORT FOR HIM?

kzgN7qp.png

Link is broken. Are we even sure that Casey isn't the bully? He looks like he's had a bajillion times more experience in fights and could have easily broken that little kids neck.

I'm assuming the video being passed around is the reason, whether FB took it down or the original poster.

But if you see it, the little kid is clearly taunting him. It's possible Casey may have said something to trigger being picked on, but the kid popped Casey right in the kisser then kept trying to hit him in an genuinely offensive way.

I'm just glad the kid that got slammed didn't get seriously injured. If he cracked his head open and died Casey would have been put in jail for a long, long time. All for just defending himself.

Oh, and I saw that gif on the first page. I hope someone makes a Street Fighter style version of it, that'll be pretty funny. I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

1xHtopY.png

leik oh em jeez!

What I'm saying is that Casey could have very well been bullying this kid for a long time before hand, and this kid finally just decided not to take it anymore. I'm not there so I have no idea. But it is a very good possibility. Usually a bully is smart enough to know who he can mess with. This Casey kid has obviously been in fights before. The other kid I'm not so sure about. Looked like a little girl trying to punch a big pillow or something.

Mafia Drive Gunner

I'm fairly sure it's on youtube as well, that's where I first saw it. I don't think he's had more experience in fights, purely because of the way he flails fairly wildly at the kid. Until you've had to express rage the way Casey did in that video, you don't realise how much strength you have. Casey in this case just didn't realise how strong he was and how much he could potentially hurt the little runt. Then he had a rage and just exuded all his strength in one motion. And you're right, he easily could have caused even more damage then he did, but he simply didn't know he harnessed the power to do so until he did it.

According to the comment by the video poster(in OP), Casey has been bullied his whole life. And from the looks of it - it didn't look like he was instigating anything.

leik oh em jeez!

Randomly releasing all your fury when you don't know what you're doing results in badly placed punches, not body slams.

Mafia Drive Gunner
Randomly releasing all your fury when you don't know what you're doing results in badly placed punches, not body slams.

Maybe when you're a bit older, but at his age he just lashed out and got a hold of him and then just did whatever he could to get rid of him. He made it look easy, so I can see where you get the idea he has so much experience, but he is so much bigger and stronger than the little kid and simply makes it look natural.