Beta areas names

Arsen Vitiuk

Arsen Vitiuk

In the core game files I have come across the area identifiers. Each identifier corresponds to a certain area on the map. These are:

• Redlight
  • China Town
  • Docks
  • Industrial
  • Stadium
  • Construction Site
  • Hospital
  • University
  • Park
  • Shopping
  • Airport
  • Wichita
  • Little Italy
  • Projects
  • Swanksville
As for the majority of these areas, it is pretty understandable where they are situated. But as for the last three... It's very hard to guess for sure.

Where do you think they had to be situated?

Little Italy could be St Marks, with all the mafia, Marco's Bistro, with all the Forellis.

Projects could be in Shoreside Vale, where the buildings projects are, you know, at your 3rd safehouse.

Swanksville, I don't know, but it seems to be big, and the word Swank probably mean a poor place or a gang place... I'm not sure about this one.

Arsen Vitiuk

But there is already the 'Wichita' area identifier. So Swanksville and Projects do not fit this.

I was certain that Little Italy is Saint Marks.

But the others made me think... Maybe, Swanksville is Hepburn Heights?

Projects is probably Fort Staunton- literal building projects.

pkmTc.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
Projects is probably Fort Staunton- literal building projects.

But there IS already 'Construction Site' identifier. So it's defiitely no that place.

Little Italy is area on Staunton Island that was covered by Construction site. This area has that name in LCS, but in this case it could be beta name for Saint Mark's.

Projects could be Hepburn Heights with all that Hispanic Influence (Diablos)

Swanksville could be Pike Creek or Harwood for example.

Swanksville is probably the large housing district that used to be where the airport is now.

Id say Hepburn heights would most likely be the projects, and swanksville the rich houses/mansions in SSV.

WbZaxRP.png

Well SWANKS VILLE maybe a low class area maybe it has been named so because it is a gutter like dirty place. Maybe I think Harwood can be SWANKS VILLE. About little italy it is definitely St. Marks it is the home to the Italian Leone Family Mafia.

This is not related but some signs in the city still have beta names like west port bridge and west port promenade which was were Callahan point was in the beta.

Well SWANKS VILLE maybe a low class area maybe it has been named so because it is a gutter like dirty place. Maybe I think Harwood can be SWANKS VILLE. About little italy it is definitely St. Marks it is the home to the Italian Leone Family Mafia.

No, swanky means rich. Oh look youre banned anyway.

WbZaxRP.png