More Evidence Unveiled For GTA V; Rockstar Hiring

Alves.

user posted image

Just recently, evidence pointed towards the existence of Grand Theft Auto V. Now, even more evidence has been unveiled for the unannounced title as Rockstar is hiring for PS3 and Xbox 360 programmers for an open-world game, as well as multiple Rockstar studios hiring for an unannounced title for both platforms.

This time, multiple Rockstar studios are hiring for programmers and more for an AAA title. Rockstar North – the studio who developed the highly successful Grand Theft Auto series. Their first job profile says:

"Rockstar North is currently seeking a highly talented Tools Programmer. The role will involve developing and maintaining all aspects of the export pipeline across multiple projects and platforms."

Then, Rockstar New England is also currently hiring – they are the team behind Red Dead Redemption. Firstly, the studio is looking for a PlayStation 3 programmer. The job description explains:

"Rockstar New England is currently looking for a talented PS3 programmer to help us develop exciting experiences using our world class proprietary game engine. Having recently contributed to the success of Red Dead Redemption, we are uniquely positioned to work on many of the high profile titles in Rockstar’s exciting upcoming lineup."

And, the description also states that potential applicants must have:

* 1+ years of PS3 experience

* Xbox360 or PS3 development experience

* Credit on a shipped AAA game

Rockstar New England is also on the look out for a senior physics programmer. The job profile explains:

"Rockstar New England is currently looking for a senior physics programmer to help us develop exciting physical simulations using our world class proprietary game engine. This programmer will be responsible for the game-specific application of physics elements such as ragdolls, biomechanical animation, vehicle dynamics, cloth, fragments, collisions, contact forces, fluid-dynamics, etc."

The required and desired skills needed for the position are:

* 3+ years of game programming experience with an emphasis on physics

* Experience on Xbox360 or PS3

* Excellent C++ skills

* Superior 3D math skills

* Knowledge of game physics algorithms

* Credit on a shipped AAA game

* Passion for playing and making great games

* is Rockstar

The next Rockstar studio who is hiring for the mysterious project is Rockstar London. Firstly, they are looking for a gameplay programmer. The job description states:

"We are seeking a talented Gameplay Programmer to develop systems related to gameplay and player teraction for the multiplayer part of our current next-gen title (PS3/Xbox360) . This is an exciting position developing and applying cutting edge technology on top quality games while working with a highly motivated and talented team of developers."

The responsibilities and required skills needed are:

* Extend UI, scripting and other gameplay related systems from the single player game to work in the multiplayer game.

* Work with scripters to implement new gameplay elements in the multiplayer game.

* Work with the designer team to develop design ideas and find creative solutions to design problems.

* At least 2 years experience designing and writing gameplay related systems with at least 1 published game.

* Excellent C++ skills (network, multithreading and PS3/360 experience a plus).

* Excellent debugging skills.

* Ability to work with a large code base.

* Good knowledge of 3D maths.

* Ability to work well as part of a creative team.

* Ability to work within a schedule.

* Passion for building and playing games.

Finally, Rockstar RAGE – the studio who produced the engine RAGE which is found in some of Rockstar’s titles including GTA IV – has posted a job position for a network programmer for RAGE. The description says:

"RAGE is looking for an energetic programmer to help increase the features and capabilities of our networking technologies. We are looking for someone who is not afraid of new challenges and wants to work on a technology team and company that is focused on redefining what a multiplay gaming experience can be."

Responsibilities, required skills and pluses for the applicant include:

* Extend and maintain core and mid-level solutions for efficient networking of complex open-world game environments.

* Work with the game project team to integrate RAGE networking technology into game projects, identify extensions to that technology, and create those improvements.

* Implement cross-platform abstractions for third-party online services, including Xbox Live and Sony NP.

* Work with external vendors to develop solutions using and/or extending their online service SDKs.

* Excellent C/C++ programming skills.

* Good “can do” attitude with a service oriented personality.

* Direct experience coding networking systems and solving networking problems.

* Being versatile and regularly proving a readiness to tackle new challenges.

* A passion for playing and making games.

* Experience building networked implementations for complex game systems, including AI, physical simulation, object management, etc.

* At least one shipped console or PC title; preferably on the Xbox 360 and/ or the Playstation 3 console.

* Familiarity with networking systems and their components including: DNS, NAT, firewalls, security methods, peer-to-peer and client server models.

* Experience with online game service APIs, particularly Xbox Live, Sony NP, and Games for Windows Live.

* Experience building robust, scalable backend systems and tuning those systems for performance and reliability.

* Database design and administration experience.

This was posted in the leak thread.

Something tells me you stole it from there.

Banned, now stay the f*ck out

Pretty nice find.

I'm sure the discussion will line up rather quick in this topic.

Irrelevant: There really is no need for the banner confused.gif

Yeah, just give me a couple of minutes and I'll copy and paste this into yet another thread for you.

Finn 7 five 11

ragdolls, biomechanical animation, vehicle dynamics, cloth, fragments, collisions, contact forces, fluid-dynamics, etc." they all sound like GTA physics.

We are seeking a talented Gameplay Programmer to develop systems related to gameplay and player teraction for the multiplayer part of our current next-gen title (PS3/Xbox360) . This is an exciting position developing and applying cutting edge technology on top quality games while working with a highly motivated and talented team of developers

A highly motivated team who make top quality games, well GTA is a top quality game, i do think this is a gta hiring, combined with all the other clues we have.

Or they are making a new engine (unlikely)

I think it is little obvious they can make new engine - RAGE is sh*tty compared to older engines - more complex the game is, choppier engine behaves wink.gif

First of all, very good find, Alves!! Although all of this is just fuel for speculation in the end, I think all the signs are clearly pointing to one conclusion. Let's just hope we won't have to wait toooo long anymore. Judging by the job descriptions however, it seems like they still have some work to do wink.gif

@Filip454: How is RAGE a sh*tty engine, especially compared to "older" engines?? You can't compare it to most other gaming engines because it has been specifically designed to be used for open-world games. And after having played GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption I think we can all safely say that it is one impressive piece of technology. Sure, it's not gonna look nearly as good as some of the latest shooters, for example, but then again you have to realize that an engine for a GTA game needs to be a lot more versatile.

And on another note, I think the pictures from a graphic mod (don't know the name now) here in the forums show that the engine still has a lot of room for improvement. I'm quite sure they're going to build GTA V using the same engine, but with a lot of improvements under the hood.

If this is true & they are hiring for the sole purpose of V along with the Voice Actors then the game won't be released, in my opinion, until the second half of next Year.

II Goonah II

Yeah, just give me a couple of minutes and I'll copy and paste this into yet another thread for you.

HAHA win!

TommyMufc-Champs

Irrelevant: There really is no need for the banner confused.gif

I seriously don't get this. Why not have a banner?

I seriously don't get this. Why not have a banner?

I just don't feel it is necessary due to the kind of topic it is.

Something about it doesn't seem right but that may just be me. Not to mention that there may be people on other devices such as a phone to view this website that don't have the best loading times thus not wanting to load images and slow down the speed of the page, because of an unnecessary banner.

Just my opinion, nothing legally wrong with it being there.

Hm..to me this seems a bit strange...why now after so many years hiring positions that fit GTA style??...To me this looks like hiring for the next GTA( not GTA5) or meybe some other new open world game...

But if this is for this GTA(GTA5)...then its ok...

Or the thing i am afraid will prolonge the wait...meybe they are hring now becouse right now they started to work on new GTA in full production...

We need to wait and see:)

kgrogfefji82
I think it is little obvious they can make new engine - RAGE is sh*tty compared to older engines - more complex the game is, choppier engine behaves wink.gif

You're a moron

First of all, very good find, Alves!! Although all of this is just fuel for speculation in the end, I think all the signs are clearly pointing to one conclusion. Let's just hope we won't have to wait toooo long anymore. Judging by the job descriptions however, it seems like they still have some work to do wink.gif

@Filip454: How is RAGE a sh*tty engine, especially compared to "older" engines?? You can't compare it to most other gaming engines because it has been specifically designed to be used for open-world games. And after having played GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption I think we can all safely say that it is one impressive piece of technology. Sure, it's not gonna look nearly as good as some of the latest shooters, for example, but then again you have to realize that an engine for a GTA game needs to be a lot more versatile.

And on another note, I think the pictures from a graphic mod (don't know the name now) here in the forums show that the engine still has a lot of room for improvement. I'm quite sure they're going to build GTA V using the same engine, but with a lot of improvements under the hood.

Alves did not find this.

And it's pretty obnoxious that he's not giving credit to the person who did.

Banned, now stay the f*ck out

Did Rockstar New England really work on Red Dead Redemption? I thought it was Rockstar San Diego

NotoriousKiller
Did Rockstar New England really work on Red Dead Redemption? I thought it was Rockstar San Diego

Pretty sure it was San Diego too.

unknowngtafan

nice find but im hoping this is for a new Red Dead, as if this is for GTA it means its not close to coming out.

There's no doubt that they are gonna announce GTA V at some point in the not-so-distant future, but this isn't really evidence. whatsthat.gif

Pretty sure it was San Diego too.

Yep, R* San Diego developed "Red Dead Redemption".

R* New England was notable for porting "Bully" to the 360, PC, and Wii as "Bully: Scholarship Edition"

Edited by shinsta312

Killer.Khan
this is nothing.. they're always hiring

And yet it doesn't occur to you that any of these qualities fit in with GTA? It doesn't occur to you that this "mysterious" game probably is and could very well be GTA 5?

This is all the evidence we need for an official announcement to be made within the coming months.

Ladies and gentleman, I think we have confirmation for a new GTA game. I just hope the wait isn't TO much longer. I'm hoping for Q1 of 2012 at best. It would be awesome if it was Q4 of 2011 but that is like, 95% unlikely to happen.

leik oh em jeez!

f*ck. I'm going to have to buy another PS3 to play this one on until it comes out for PC. Why can't they just release it on PC at the same time so we can start modding from the get-go?

• 2 weeks later...
PhilWillKill

Ok before you flame, I have searched and this is the most appropriate thread I could find.

It looks like Rockstar North are looking for staff in new roles (I don't check the job listings regularly but usually no more than 3 weeks go by that I don't have a peek).

One of two new job listings (since last visit):

Facial Animation: Production Coordinator.

We are looking for a highly experienced Production Coordinator specializing in Facial Animation to manage the workflow, scheduling and the tracking of assets end to end in our Facial Animation pipeline. 

The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a production background in video games or CG film/TV animation and be knowledgeable in the software, terminology and technology used in the production of facial animation.

You will be familiar with one or more scheduling methodologies and have a practical background in databases with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and/or Project.

You will be self-motivated, flexible and able to prioritize effectively to deadlines. You will have excellent communication skills, both interpersonal and in writing with good attention to detail and enjoy working in a multi-disciplined team environment.

You will be willing and able to travel to multiple locations to ensure effective coordination and maximise production efficiency between in-house and outsource teams.

Reporting to the Animation Director you will have the knowledge and practical understanding to identify and help remove production bottlenecks where they occur.

2nd of two new job listings:

Facial Rigger.

Minimum of 3 years Games or Film/TV industry experience required, 5 years preferred.

Requirements

•  Extensive knowledge of facial anatomy and the application of that to solving rigging and animation problems.

•  Keen eye for facial expression and nuance, with the ability to interpret and execute expressions from video, 3D scans etc.

•  Thorough understanding facial topology with respect to modelling as well as animation.

•  Experience and knowledge of both bone and morph solutions, with up to date knowledge of new and late-breaking rigging approaches in the field.

•  Understanding of and ability to construct scalable rig-solutions for different levels of facial performance

•  Knowledge of 3rd party solutions such as FaceFX and Faceware would be beneficial

•  Knowledge of game engines and animation pipelines, understanding of how texture and animation compression can affect the final result

•  Experience with or understanding of, performance / live facial capture preferred.

•  Must be highly proficient in scripting (Maxscript and Python), appropriate ORSDK, C++ knowledge advantageous

•  Thorough knowledge of Motionbuilder and 3DS Max essential, must be proficient with expression and scripting approaches for rigging and automation processes.

-------------------------

Source: Job Listings - Rockstar North

Now these job listings caught my attention obviously because they are new compared to the audio programmer, character animator etc that have been listed on there for as long as I can remember. Also because L.A. Noire has gone "gold" I can't see these jobs being related to that even though Rockstar helped Team Bondi develop it.

To me it seems as though they are hiring to help reduce workloads as the wheels of "production" for GTA V start gaining momentum. Can we say that R* aren't going to use the same face modelling techniques in GTA V that LA Noire is using; albeit toned down as it's not as big a part of the gameplay requirement in comparison; perhaps to help make more believeable characters? Let's face it (pun unintended) the lip synching/facial animation in GTA IV wasn't great.

Also in conjunction with the leak thread and that studio's listing for characters - E.g. Soccer mom, FPS gamer etc, who's to say that they haven't already captured all the data they need for the major characters? Those listings for characters are more than likely going to be bit-part players (random character encounters). As such the majority of content may have been "mo-capped" and the process of applying all of that real data to in game characters and models has begun and R* are simply lightening the load on the team.

What do you guys think? monocle.gif

*edited for readability

Edited by PhilWillKill