Title update error

Kazter

Ok so, ive been trying to install the gta 4 patch and, every time.. it always gives me an error, but always has the good path's! this has been an issue for a long time, looked on the internet and tried alot of crap, i even had to go threw 2 support calls, and nothing. All i want to do is play multiplayer, but i can't because of it, and i thought if i told you guys i tried alot, maybe you guys found tricks and things, please post! im sad D:

Which patch are you trying to install and what's the EXACT error you're getting? "Doesn't work" does not constitute a good fault description.

Which patch are you trying to install and what's the EXACT error you're getting? "Doesn't work" does not constitute a good fault description.

C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Install\Logs\titleupdate.log

and for the error in the log,

Launching Title Update: "C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Updates\5454083b\Content\UpdateTitle.exe" /selflaunch

Launching: C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Updates\5454083b\Content\TitleUpdate.msi ACTION=INSTALL REINSTALLMODE=amus LAUNCHEDVIASETUP=1 APPLICATIONROOTDIRECTORY="C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV" TRANSFORMS=:Instance1 MSINEWINSTANCE=1

Error installing MSI at C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Updates\5454083b\Content\TitleUpdate.msi HR:0x80070667

Path: C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Updates\5454083b\Content\TitleUpdate.msi

Args: ACTION=INSTALL LAUNCHEDVIASETUP=1 APPLICATIONROOTDIRECTORY="Ignore" ABORTLOGPATH="C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Install\Logs\titleupdate.log"

RelaunchFromCmdLine:

RelaunchFromCmdLine:

RelaunchFromMSI: LaunchGTAIV.exe

InstallFolderFromCmdLine:

InstallFolderFromMSI:

InstallFolderFromRegkey: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV

OriginalProductCode:

InstallFolderRegkeyProp: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV

Failed

thats exactly it, exept i changed my name to myname instead of my real name.

And why would you not want us to know your name, Mike? sigh.gif

Anyways, I'm guessing this has something to do with your GTA IV installation. I suggest reinstalling the game properly and then try to apply the patch again.

And why would you not want us to know your name, Mike? sigh.gif

Anyways, I'm guessing this has something to do with your GTA IV installation. I suggest reinstalling the game properly and then try to apply the patch again.

ive tried re-installing like, 5 times for the past 2/3 months, like, i just reinstalled gta 4 last night! so, yeah.

Here is the extracted update http://www.4shared.com/file/sHL0ym0_/GTAIV_patch_7.html

You'll need to unpack it into the game dir, while overwriting old files.

Does not work, tried extracting with winrar, gave alot of errors, and 7z cant output any of the files. you gave me a broken file thingy D:

Edited by Kazter

Check the registry path mentioned in the error and see if it points to the correct path where your game is installed. Start > Run > Type 'regedit' > OK > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Rockstar Games > Grand Theft Auto IV

In the right pane, you should see something like this:

user posted image

The 'Data' column for the InstallFolder entry should contain the correct path of your installed GTA IV folder and InstallComplete should be set to 1.

Check the registry path mentioned in the error and see if it points to the correct path where your game is installed. Start > Run > Type 'regedit' > OK > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Rockstar Games > Grand Theft Auto IV

In the right pane, you should see something like this:

user posted image

The 'Data' column for the InstallFolder entry should contain the correct path of your installed GTA IV folder and InstallComplete should be set to 1.

path is correct and installcomplete is already 1 D:

Hmm, I'm finding it difficult to deduce what's wrong here. I presume you've an administrator account on your PC? If not, try running the patch setup as an admin.

If still no dice, try an older patch and see if you can install that. Link's are available in mkey82's signature.

No, my archive is not broken. Update winrar or 7zip or download again. The file size must be 89,035 KB.

"Lots of errors" does not constituent a good fault description.

If we made it difficult for you as you are making it difficult for us to help you, you would be long gone.

No, my archive is not broken. Update winrar or 7zip or download again. The file size must be 89,035 KB.

"Lots of errors" does not constituent a good fault description.

If we made it difficult for you as you are making it difficult for us to help you, you would be long gone.

Sorry, and so, i tried re-downloading your file 3 times.

Hmm, I'm finding it difficult to deduce what's wrong here. I presume you've an administrator account on your PC? If not, try running the patch setup as an admin.

If still no dice, try an older patch and see if you can install that. Link's are available in mkey82's signature.

Gonna try the 1.0.6.0 patch.

WORKED.

can't get 1.0.7.0 to work yet (the title update error), ill try manual, manually still didnt work

Edited by Kazter

WHICH f*ckING ERRORS ARE YOU GETTING WHEN TRYING TO EXTRACT THE ARCHIVE?

the basic extract error with winrar, a small menu pops up then, says error: message i think its like this, not sure, anyway, got to extracting your file with the updated files, i can't open the game now.

OK, you must be joking. Is it possible that you don't understand the importance of posting the exact error message?

I shall not lose any more time on this thread, I hope you manage to solve this issue somehow.