No GTA V...Ever?

ratatat

Do you think it is possible that maybe, JUST MAYBE, R* never actually does make another GTA? I sure hell as hope they don't even THINK about that. I love the GTA franchise, and I really want another game.

But think about it, it's been about three years, yet nothing happens. There are a few clues, but what if they're just coincidence or something. I don't know guys, what do you think?

For now, all I want to do is just keep a positive attitude towards the whole thing. bored.gif

Not a chance in ending this series, not for a few years anyway. If that was the case, they'd have told us before IV was released.

It is 'possible'. Anything is. Yeah, but i doubt it. I'm 1010% sure there'll be another GTA. And i'm 99% sure it will be announced this year.

*crosses fingers* ('they're permanentely crossed)

user posted image

Finn 7 five 11

Plus the one of the producers Sam Houser said they want to continue the series, it is an experience for them as well as for gamers, they want to push the limits, they want to develop games that will continue to improve, that will continue to bring something new to the gaming world.

He didn't say it quite like that, but he basically said this.

Tha Lunatic 510

it ain't even possible.. Dan Houser already said it was being worked on over 2 years ago. they're wrote a 1000 page script.. this will be the biggest GTA of them all

death won't even stop the next GTA from releasing

- Here is a boat load of money.

- No, thank you.

I really don't see this happening until GTA franchise is milked completely dry, and it doesn't seem to be there yet. What they might do is move development of GTA to another studio, like they did with some of the side-games in GTA series. Since these are all very competent studios, I doubt the quality would suffer noticeably. In fact, some new takes on old things might completely compensate for it and make for a better game.

But to expect Rockstar and Take Two to simply stop developing their largest franchise is silly. We'll see GTA V one way or another.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Harwood Butch3r

I don't think so.

If R* had any plans to not continue the GTA series I'm sure they would've made some sort of announcement by now, and we have to remember even though it's been nearly 3 years since GTA IV technically the last GTA title was only released about 12 months ago (EFLC on PS3, and PC). So in R*'s eyes it's not a very long time between drinks.

Maybe this is the exact reason there hasn't been an announcement in regards to GTA V yet? This year actually marks the first year in quite a long time where there are no GTA titles planned for release.

I bet they'll announce it at some point THIS year, and IMO it'll be to coincide with GTA III's 10th anniversary.

R* would be committing financial suicide if they just decided to end the series out of the blue. Not only would they be losing their #1 seller it would probably affect their other games too. I would say a large majority of their fanbase is because of GTA.

It's inevitable the GTA series wont be around forever, but I refuse to believe one of the greatest franchises in video game history would simply come to an end, and be thrown out like trash.

they will never stop making it , but i do think we will never get the chance to play another GTA , with the way things are going , the world will be over before its released (2012 end of the world sad.gif )

Harwood Butch3r
they will never stop making it , but i do think we will never get the chance to play another GTA , with the way things are going , the world will be over before its released (2012 end of the world sad.gif )

You have to be realistic bud. It will end eventually. All good things must come to an end, but when it does I think R* will give it the send off it truly deserves.

Although off topic don't believe that 2012 nonsense. There's more chance of GTA V being released this year than that ancient conspiracy crap about the world ending.

Finn 7 five 11
I don't think so.

If R* had any plans to not continue the GTA series I'm sure they would've made some sort of announcement by now, and we have to remember even though it's been nearly 3 years since GTA IV technically the last GTA title was only released about 12 months ago (EFLC on PS3, and PC). So in R*'s eyes it's not a very long time between drinks.

Maybe this is the exact reason there hasn't been an announcement in regards to GTA V yet? This year actually marks the first year in quite a long time where there are no GTA titles planned for release.

I bet they'll announce it at some point THIS year, and IMO it'll be to coincide with GTA III's 10th anniversary.

R* would be committing financial suicide if they just decided to end the series out of the blue. Not only would they be losing their #1 seller it would probably affect their other games too. I would say a large majority of their fanbase is because of GTA.

It's inevitable the GTA series wont be around forever, but I refuse to believe one of the greatest franchises in video game history would simply come to an end, and be thrown out like trash.

Well EFLC was actually released on my birthday 29/oct/2009 which was about 16-17months ago not 12 months ago, it was however released on PS3/PC April 2010, which is about 12 months ago so you are right and you are wrong there.

I do agree with everything else you say i just wanted to clear that up.

Would you like to make a million dollar bet that the world doesn't end in 2012?

I would gladly spend the rest of my life attempting to pay you off if you are correct hahahaha.

Harwood Butch3r
Well EFLC was actually released on my birthday 29/oct/2009 which was about 16-17months ago not 12 months ago, it was however released on PS3/PC April 2010, which is about 12 months ago so you are right and you are wrong there.

Yeah I know. I bought EFLC when it came out in October 2009, but I was just pointing out the PS3, and PC release up until this point is the latest GTA release.

Finn 7 five 11

Yeah I know. I bought EFLC when it came out in October 2009, but I was just pointing out the PS3, and PC release up until this point is the latest GTA release.

No worries buddy.

they will never stop making it

They'll quit producing the games, trust me. Nothing like a great way to kill a a franchise then by producing it for decades.

Edited by -ska

7FTgFLB.png

You're kidding right? Come on, you gotta be mature enough to realize 2012 is pure marketing and nonsense. Get real, they've said the same thing like a zillion times. Not once has it been right. People have committed suicided because of this, anyone who says this is real and scares people like that should be severely punished.

God, they get dumber every time.

I don't see how long it's taken as a possible sign that it's not coming out, but as a promise for how awsome V will be.

You're kidding right? Come on, you gotta be mature enough to realize 2012 is pure marketing and nonsense. Get real, they've said the same thing like a zillion times. Not once has it been right. People have committed suicided because of this, anyone who says this is real and scares people like that should be severely punished.

God, they get dumber every time.

hahaha

Finn 7 five 11
they will never stop making it

They'll quit producing the games, trust me. Nothing like a great way to kill a a franchise then by producing it for decades.

Well, GTA has only been around since 1997 which is 14 years, there has been many games already, whilst i do believe GTA will eventually die, there will be many many years before that happens, look at mario for a good example they have made sh*tloads of games and it doesn't look like its going to be stopping anytime soon.

DO not underestimate GTA.

look at mario for a good example they have made sh*tloads of games and it doesn't look like its going to be stopping anytime soon.

Mario is also a much different genre that also appeals to a much different audience.

7FTgFLB.png

Kwandilibro

No big money.... Ever?

Of course there will be another GTA. It's R*'s cash cow. Ridding of GTA would be a horrible decision, up there with making a song with Justin Beiber.

Finn 7 five 11
look at mario for a good example they have made sh*tloads of games and it doesn't look like its going to be stopping anytime soon.

Mario is also a much different genre that also appeals to a much different audience.

Of course its a different audience...just because there is a different audience it doesn't mean it is destined to fail.

So long as gta continues to be original, then it will continue to be popular.

with movies there are comedy audiences and romantic audiences, they both succeed, the success is just thanks to different people.

Harwood Butch3r

Well, GTA has only been around since 1997 which is 14 years, there has been many games already, whilst i do believe GTA will eventually die, there will be many many years before that happens, look at mario for a good example they have made sh*tloads of games and it doesn't look like its going to be stopping anytime soon.

I'm not really sure the longevity of GTA can really be compared to Mario. As some one said Mario is a completely different genre with a different target audience. It's almost timeless.

However GTA has fierce competition from competitors within the genre, and the bar keeps being raised. Really the GTA series has done well to have survived for this long, but I just think that it'll last for "many, many years" just seems a bit optimistic.

Finn 7 five 11

I'm not really sure the longevity of GTA can really be compared to Mario. As some one said Mario is a completely different genre with a different target audience. It's almost timeless.

However GTA has fierce competition from competitors within the genre, and the bar keeps being raised. Really the GTA series has done well to have survived for this long, but I just think that it'll last for "many, many years" just seems a bit optimistic.

I think it could keep going until 2020, because the games are not released very often which drags in gamers, if gta was released every year i would have expected it to have died by now.

If you are going to say Mario is timeless and GTA isn't, explain how.

Maybe i am a little optimistic, but that is because i would like my favorite game to continue, and if it keeps being original and expanding upon what is already there then it will continue to be popular, unless it gets succeeded by some other game of the same genre.