EFLC add on not working

King_Rizzy

Hi

I have the normal GTA IV for PC. I recently updated using patch 1.0.7.0. Now, the normal GTA IV works perfectly fine for me. However, when I go to EFLC and try to click or press enter on TLAD or TBOGT, nothing happens at all. Is there something I've missed out on?

Please help.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Are you sure? Bear in mind that I haven't got the separate EFLC game, but the add on? I don't want something to go wrong...I read somewhere that patches which are 1.1.x are for the those who have the EFLC game on it's own rather than those who have the add on of the normal GTA IV game.

Well if that's the case, then does anyone have any solutions as to why it's doesn't want to work?

Are you sure the add-ons have been installed properly? Can you try re-downloading/re-installing them?

Well, I patched my GTA IV with patch 1.0.7.0...that comes with the add on doesn't it? Or am I mistaken and have done something wrong?

Bear in mind that I haven't got the separate EFLC game, but the add on?

Do you mean you have a Warez(illegal) version then? Cause in the topic title AND your first post, you said you did have EFLC, and EFLC is the Retail(DVD) game that has BOTH TLAD and TBOGT on it. So, if you have EFLC, hence that means IV Is not required to play, as mentioned on the back of the box, it is NOT the "add on" Download, and you would need to update to the latest patch for that game as well. Just curious, cause you are basically contradicting yourself in each post you make... confused.gif

But, if you do have a legal version, a simple un-install/re-install should get the game working, if not, Please post the REQUIRED information from the PINNED Troubleshooting topic, as posted by Justin(a moderator) here:

Before you post a topic, please read the pinned bug lists/fixes. It is likely that you're not the first person to encounter a problem, and we may have found a solution already. In addition to these pinned topics, please utilize the forum search engine. adamcs has produced an extremely helpful guide which explains the finer points of successful searching, accessible here.

If all of the above is no help, you'll need to post a new topic. Please provide useful topic titles. "Help" or "problem" give us no insight into the problem - every topic in the Troubleshooting forum will no doubt entail a problem seeking help!

To get the most amount of help for your problem, we need as many details as we can get about your system's specs. Therefore it is highly suggested (read: demanded) that you provide:

• What platform: PC, PS3, or X-Box

• What version number of GTA: IV

• What CPU and its speed

• How much RAM, also what kind (DDR, SDRAM) and speed

• What video card AND VRAM AND Driver version

• Which version of Windows (and any service packs)

• Which DirectX version and driver version

• What sound card and driver version

• History: Is this your first install? Did it work once before? Anything that is relevant.

• Screenshots, if applicable. This is especially necessary with display issues which can be explained far easier by use of visual aids.

• Above all else, a detailed description of your problem. Give as much information as possible! Keep it relevant, though. We don't need a fifty-page printout from some diagnosis program. Usually the above prompts will suffice.

If you don't know the more detailed specs of your system, and the system control panel is of little help for most of these, download and use Everest Free Edition 2.20 or Fresh Diagnose. Be sure to extract only the relevant information from these programs - again, lengthy printouts are meaningless and tedious to rifle through.

Do not ask questions relating to modding in any way or form - we have an entire editing subforum to house any such inquiries

Also, Is this the ORIGINAL DVD OR a No-DVD crack OR is it a copy of the disc? If Downloaded, from where?

OK to clarify, I have the extension of EFLC, which becomes added on to the normal GTA IV version when you patch it with 1.0.7.0 (although I don't know if the extension is added in previous patches, 1.0.7.0 was the first patch I used).

Details:

PC (Windows 7)

GTA IV 1.0.7.0

Intel Core i7 CPU

2.8GHz

6GB RAM

64 bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

First install

I didn't think my computer details were necessary as the normal GTA IV game after patching with 1.0.7.0 worked perfectly fine without any problems at all. I thought I'd complete GTA IV first, then play EFLC, but when I came to do that, it didn't work. I click on EFLC and then when I select any of the two games, nothing happens, it just stays on that screen, I can still move selections (or go back), but still nothing.

I don't know if this is a warez game or not, I borrowed it from a friend (it wasn't original anyway), who also gave me a link for a no cd crack etc...I'm not really good with this kinda stuff to be honest, so please be patient with me.