Is this Anti Aliasing Tweak Possible?

manueljenkin95

manueljenkin95

Buddies, I know about the Anti Aliasing Issue for GTA IV and I think I have found out a way to cross over it ( but I am unsure if this can be done ).

Most of us work on 1920 x 1080 monitors. Mine too is the same resolution with max frame rate @60Hz.

Can I tweak the settings to make the game rendered @ 2560 x 1440 ( or a higher resolution with the same the same 16:9 aspect ratio ) so that the monitor squeezes it's resolution into 1920 x 1080 and hence providing somethin sort of an AntiAliasing-lookalike, or atleast decreasing the jagged edges. Is this possible. Don't worry about the hardware. I think I have enough resources to do it ( 2GB VRAM, 8GB RAM and i7 2600K processor ).

So please state me if there is a possible method to apply this tweak, and state the method if possible.

It can be done that way, I'm pretty sure this is what enbseries mod does.

74cXSsx.png

manueljenkin95
^What he said. Try installing ENB series and force AA on by editing the configuration file.

But the thing is that you cannot play online multiplayer when using mods. It has been done as a restriction to cheating. So please state me how to do this via a tweak instead of a mod, I mean commandline is OK, but no modification must be done to the existing files. Is there any way to do this via commandline.

^What he said. Try installing ENB series and force AA on by editing the configuration file.

But the thing is that you cannot play online multiplayer when using mods. It has been done as a restriction to cheating. So please state me how to do this via a tweak instead of a mod, I mean commandline is OK, but no modification must be done to the existing files. Is there any way to do this via commandline.

ENBSeries doen't change any files, it just adds a few files. The overall graphics quality will improve too without changing the timecyc.dat file.

manueljenkin95

ENBSeries doen't change any files, it just adds a few files. The overall graphics quality will improve too without changing the timecyc.dat file.

Thank you man. So I can play online using the Enbseries mod. Can anyone please give me the link of a working ENBseries Mod with Patch 1.0.7.0 Support and EFLC 1.1.2.0 Support?

And buddies say if the other way ( higher resolution and then monitor downscaling ) is possibe via commandline or any other method other than Mods.

It changes a lot of files. I doubt you'll get it fully working without getting red-flagged.

You can try to use commandline.txt with -height xxxx and -width xxxx

It changes a lot of files. I doubt you'll get it fully working without getting red-flagged.

Which of the original game files would that be?

Which of the original game files would that be?

Shaders and various textures.

Spider-Vice

I don't think changing shaders or textures doesn't let you play MP, as it doesn't affect any other players.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Two optional texture files and a few optional shaders - as far as I can recall, only data files were locked for mp editing before.

Two optional texture files and a few optional shaders - as far as I can recall, only data files were locked for mp editing before.

There are some folders named "data" which contains ".dat" files in the mod package.

I just did some testing though. I only added "d3d9.dll", "enbeffect.fx" and "enbseries.ini". It works in ranked matches.

The screen was flickering a bit but HQ reflections and a beautiful-looking sky appeared.

EDIT: It doesn't fully work. Was doing a Bomb da Base II and as soon as I entered the boat the graphics got screwed (as you can see on the 3rd image in the slideshow below). Also, the red-sky bug, red square AND blue square appeared.

Pics here.

Edited by cornflakes4u

manueljenkin95

You can try to use commandline.txt with -height xxxx and -width xxxx

This seems interesting. I am scoldin myself for not thinkin about the height and width in the commandline. Anyways, thank you.

Will post reviews and images once I have completed experimentin with such settings. Will start With 2560 x 1440, and then increase it by 352 x 198 every time until I get better results.

But I can do this only after I buy my new pc, most probably by end of next week till 25th of this month.

Edited by manueljenkin95

http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm

Non of these contain any .dat files.

Well, those wont work for the latest patch. That's why I linked to ENBseries for EFLC a few posts earlier.

This page http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=417918 links to this page http://enbdev.com/ , no ?

Version 0.081 SORA - added limited support for game patch 1.0.6.0, but most of complex effects are ignored and still available on previous game versions

http://enbdev.com/enbseries_gta4_v0081sora.zip

afaics, there are no .dat files in this archive.

My bad. I linked topic starter to the EFLC version in a different thread and got it mixed up. I meant to link to the EFLC version in this one as well fwiw.

Other thread biggrin.gif

Revolutionary_Legion

I just started playing GTA IV for the PC, and I'm guessing that's why there's no anti-aliasing. Lol. Does this ENB thing lower performance significantly?

I just started playing GTA IV for the PC, and I'm guessing that's why there's no anti-aliasing. Lol. Does this ENB thing lower performance significantly?

ENBseries doesn't necessarily lower performance, but enabling AA with it will.