Bulletstorm

.2D

user posted image

*Hopefully there isn't already a thread for this. I couldn't find one.

Game Trailer

Weapons, Echoes + Anarchy Mode Trailier

Skillshots

I f*cking love this game. Finished the campaign last night, and thoroughly enjoyed the whole game. It was pretty fast paced during the combat, although maybe that was just me running into the middle of the fight and kicking people. But I loved the skillshots. It just made every bit of combat a f*cking pleasure to play. I'm finishing off the Echoes for now, then I'll move on to completing the game on the hardest difficulty. After that, I guess I'll play Multiplayer until the Gears of War 3 Beta is activated.

POm4xuo.png

Narcis_speed6

It has the best lines in gaming, love it.

Right about that.

"Got myself a Scotch, and I'm VIOLENTLY fiddlin' with my balls anticipatin' your arrival."

icon14.gif

POm4xuo.png

Narcis_speed6

"I am going to kill your dicks"-Angry chick.

It's a OK game, apart from it being very short... and PC port is a bit buggy. The worst thing is that developers don't even bother to make a patch or something and most probably won't make it at all (judging from the interview I read some time ago).

Since devs more or less said f*ck YOU to PC players, I simply cannot recommend this game to anyone using PC for gaming.

74cXSsx.png

looks epic, does it have MP?

Yep. It has a mode called Anarchy that I believe is talked about in one of the videos. It's similar to Horde mode in Gears of War. Pretty fun. icon14.gif

POm4xuo.png

I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker, I never even got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered.

Just finished the story right there. Loved it. inlove.gif

scMmGsh.jpg

It's a OK game, apart from it being very short... and PC port is a bit buggy. The worst thing is that developers don't even bother to make a patch or something and most probably won't make it at all (judging from the interview I read some time ago).

Since devs more or less said f*ck YOU to PC players, I simply cannot recommend this game to anyone using PC for gaming.

screw EA... EA seems to be ditching PC users

...except it was Cliffy B who said that about PC gamers, not anyone from EA. tounge.gif

...except it was Cliffy B who said that about PC gamers, not anyone from EA. tounge.gif

lol in my opinion i think EA is ditching PC users cuz of their lack of support and the promises they had lied

Sunrise Driver

The game is fun...for the first 30 minutes. After that it's a boredom.

Best lines in gaming? Seriously?

If you're 15 years old, then maybe. Otherwise, it's god damn retarded.

And I'm the one constantly yelling out 'SUCH A BIG PEE PEE' on Live, so that's really saying something

Narcis_speed6

And I'm the one constantly yelling out 'SUCH A BIG PEE PEE' on Live, so that's really saying something

You're one of the gamers that forgets that games are meant to be entertaining, bulletstorm delivers.

looks epic, does it have MP?

Yep. It has a mode called Anarchy that I believe is talked about in one of the videos. It's similar to Horde mode in Gears of War. Pretty fun. icon14.gif

No TDM's or player V player modes ??

You're one of the gamers that forgets that games are meant to be entertaining, bulletstorm delivers.

But when a game like this goes to the childish levels of entertainment, it's just pathetic.

Narcis_speed6

But when a game like this goes to the childish levels of entertainment, it's just pathetic.

I don't see how kicking a guy into a cactus is childish for you.

I don't see how kicking a guy into a cactus is childish for you.

"I am going to kill your dicks".

Enough said.

Narcis_speed6
Did you actually played it or you draw a conclusion based on my posts?

I draw my conclusions on knowing many of the lines said in the game and the fact that Cliffy B is behind the game.

But anyway, I don't have a problem with other people liking it, it's my opinion. Just to state the obvious.

Narcis_speed6

I draw my conclusions on knowing many of the lines said in the game and the fact that Cliffy B is behind the game.

Watch this then:

The game is immature, over the top, violent, crude, etc.

And I enjoyed the hell out of it, despite the retarded AI of your team at times. Gamers these days always want super mature drama stories such as Heavy Rain or extremely artistic games like Braid and Limbo, to try and prove they are mature and sensible and emotional, etc.

But the thing with that, you do need the old school insane stuff every now and then to break things up, a game where you can just sit back and focus on causing as much chaos and destruction as you can, which this game provides by being creative with the killing and seeing how many tricks you can pull off in an environment. The dialogue is bad and cheesy, it's like a script by a child that was oversaw by a 1970s horror movie producer, but you do get the sense the game is that way on purpose, the main character often points out when the insults become too stupid and don't make sense, such as a quote in this thread, upon hearing a woman scream at him "I'll kill your dicks", he replies with "What, ...well that doesn't even make sense!".

Anyway, yeah, I enjoyed this game, in the same way I'll enjoy Duke Nukem Forever when that fabled day comes, because that game will also be filled with a ridiculous story and bad dialogue but the gameplay will be focused on just being fun and brilliantly violent for the player! I've got plenty of serious games to be playing this year, so it's nice to have two batsh*t insane old school violent games at two points.

There is nothing wrong with rediscovering the child inside you. Playing this after some of the most serious and depressing games available is like a breath of fresh air.

"What? What does that even mean? You're gonna kill my dick? Wel-I'll kill your dick! How 'bout that, huh?"

scMmGsh.jpg

I never said the game wasn't fun.

I'm simply saying that it doesn't have the best lines in gaming, like you earlier said.

Gamers these days always want super mature drama stories such as Heavy Rain or extremely artistic games like Braid and Limbo, to try and prove they are mature and sensible and emotional, etc.

I agree that some gamers have their heads up their asses. But, like I said earlier, I like my immature humor every once in a while. But there comes a time when it turns into overkill and the silliness is gone and becomes mere annoyance.

But, like I said, the actual game is separate from the dialogue.

I just started playing over the weekend. Testing out my new power rig tounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif

The thing about all the dick jokes is the aren't delivered with proper sarcasm. It is no DukeNukem.

For being sold as a throwback to the old FPS games, it seems almost too easy. I'm playing on the middle difficulty, and it still seems to be holding my hand a lot. I'm midway thought act 2 and I've died like 3 or 4 times. When I think original FPS - I think of a door opening and there being like 20 crazy ass creatures and a boss you had to kill. It usually took many deaths before you could even work out a plan of attack. The chaos is too organized in this game mercie_blink.gif .

Don't get me wrong. I am enjoying it. I was just expecting something a bit different as far as core gameplay.

I just started playing over the weekend. Testing out my new power rig tounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif

Color me jealous.

Anyway, this is no Duke Nukem. I don't see the similarities.

Duke was mature, and somewhat misogynistic. The games humor was dirty and a bit vile. This game is just immature.

There's a difference between 'shake it baby' or 'nobody steals our chicks...and lives' and 'Imma punch you in the dick'.

The latter would seem wrong on the Duke.