4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
KORNBREAD

National Football League 2011-2012

Funktipus

According to WFAN-NY, Carson Palmer-to-Oakland is a done deal.

Twang.

F*CK YEAH

This shows Frazier has at least some sense in him. Will this turn this in to a winning season? No, probably not, but I can see us going maybe 5-11, and this is the first step in what could be a bright future for this team. Getting rid of Berrian, fixing the O-line, good draft picks next year (WR, OL, DBs), and I say we'll be a force to be reckoned with in the coming decade.

Senex Iunior

According to WFAN-NY, Carson Palmer-to-Oakland is a done deal.

Aw, I was hoping to see J-Rus... biggrin.gif

Everyone I know in WI has already forgotten about Favre.
I almost would at a cursory glance of "The Gunslinger's" stats, but the fact is that he is still a legendary QB, and Rodgers learned everything from Favre. (Not to mention those nearly unstoppable '96 and '97 Packers' squads he quarterbacked.) Edited by Senex Iunior

Jonesizzle

From what I've read and heard, Favre really wasn't a mentor to Aaron Rodgers at all. I heard they were actually quite distant from each other.

Interesting seeing Palmer traded to Oakland. I'm sure he'll be a little rusty, but I was wanting to see Terrell Pryor taking snaps for the Raiders, but Palmer should be promising for this already decent team. Let him throw it 15-20 times, and give the ball to McFadden, it has been working so far. Can't believe Andy Dalton is doing this good, so good that the owner who said he wouldn't trade Palmer... traded Palmer. They are getting a 1st round pick, and if raiders win a playoff game, they must trade another 1st round pick to the Bengals, if not, they must trade their 2nd round pick. Good deal for a QB who hasn't taken a snap this year and didn't plan on it.

Edited by DOOM!

Senex Iunior
From what I've read and heard, Favre really wasn't a mentor to Aaron Rodgers at all. I heard they were actually quite distant from each other.

Meh, I think you might be correct on that one. Slight influence, I suppose.

Jonesizzle

I wouldn't doubt that one bit. Being a back-up to a hall-of-fame quarterback is a great influence, regardless if they hated each others guts. I can see a more controlled Favre in Rodgers, and even the equipment he wears. Only thing missing is the absurd amount of interceptions and the number 4.

Senex Iunior

Haha, yeah. Though Rodgers is a half-Brady to me (a personally hated QB whom I must respect) already, I think that McCarthy deserves at least a third of the credit for his very necessary renovations to the West Coast. Vertical passing (reminiscent of Sean Payton's "Gulf Coast" O?), more consideration of the climate, and a greater emphasis on "spreading out" (as seen in a more extensive use of the Shotgun) as opposed to the typical "bunching in" routes previously favored in WCO systems.

On another note, if there's one thing that can be argued, it's that Eli Manning is the new Favre. Look, they both have great intangibles, but both throw/threw interceptions at a near 2:1 or 1:1 ratio every year and they will only have one Super Bowl apiece as starters.

Jonesizzle

As much I hate to say this; I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Giants this year, I think they'll make the playoffs and make a huge run for the super bowl this year. Victor Cruz is a f*cking animal.

Scifen

I am really curious as to why Tom dropped Andre Johnson notify.gif

Jonesizzle

Lucky bastard, I'm usually the one to find the good drops. I'm as curious as you are, quite a few people have made some questionable moves, but FF is all about gut feelings so...

Hopefully Hodgey returns and updates his roster, I like a little of a challenge.

Edited by DOOM!

Xboxless
Lucky bastard, I'm usually the one to find the good drops. I'm as curious as you are, quite a few people have made some questionable moves, but FF is all about gut feelings so...

Hopefully Hodgey returns and updates his roster, I like a little of a challenge.

Yeah, I dropped Hakeem Nicks.........oh well, next week I am going to play Aaron Hernandez AND Jimmy Graham....haha!

GTA3Rockstar
I am really curious as to why Tom dropped Andre Johnson notify.gif

'Cause he's not gonna play this week, nor the next week and possibly the week after. So why not? smile.gif

Xboxless
I am really curious as to why Tom dropped Andre Johnson  notify.gif

'Cause he's not gonna play this week, nor the next week and possibly the week after. So why not? smile.gif

Actually I think he will be ready to go the week after Tenessee.

I went through all the defensive players and completely revamped my roster. I had sh*t for defensive players and now I have some pretty damn good ones. This will improve me at least 7 points a game, and that's a hell of a difference.

GTA3Rockstar
I am really curious as to why Tom dropped Andre Johnson  notify.gif

Actually I think he will be ready to go the week after Tenessee.

I went through all the defensive players and completely revamped my roster. I had sh*t for defensive players and now I have some pretty damn good ones. This will improve me at least 7 points a game, and that's a hell of a difference.

Last week on yahoo said he could miss 3 more weeks. So I decided to dorp him, not like I am doing well this year anyways. tounge.gif

Twang.

I haven't yet watched the whole game yet, but I've seen highlights as well as most of the 3rd quarter, and I definitely have hope for Ponder. His stats were mediocre (13-34? Yikes! But understandable for a rookie against the defending SB champs) but the team as a whole looked a lot better than they did under McNabb. It might be the coaching staff finally getting some 'rhythm' or whatever they call being good, but it looks to me like Ponder is much better at actually executing these plays than McNabb was.

Maybe, though, my new-found hate for McNabb is just inverting itself in to love for Ponder. I've been hearing some things about McNabb that aren't exactly flattering. Things like his work ethic is abysmal. Last in to practice and first out, that kind of thing. Of course, he denies it, but I hear from Phillie fans (granted, not the most reliable source) that he was always like that, never taking responsibility for himself and occasionally throwing other players under the bus. He denies it all, of course. I didn't pay any attention to him at all for his tenure in Phillie, so I can't comment on that last part, but he's still doing the other sh*t. You can tell his heart isn't in it. I don't know if this was going on when he was in Philadelphia (there had to be a reason they let him go in favor of Kevin f*ckin' Kolb), or if he has some sort of chip on his shoulder or what, but I'm glad to see him riding the pine. Let's just hope Ponder stays healthy so I don't have to see this guy's sorry excuse for QB play in a purple jersey ever again.

I used to have respect for the guy, you know, I even said so in this very thread. I've lost all of it if what's being said is true, and his play seems to definitely suggests it is.

Slamman

I live in Minnesota, and Christian Ponder is getting the thumbs up from live people I've talked to, as well as the media we've been watching, it was another second half where the Vikings couldn't keep up well enough, but the fans aren't too disappointed, oddly

Funktipus

I'm amazed at all these knucklehead fans still buying into the Tim 'Messiah' Tebow hype. He's a good football player but a horrible QB. Yeah, he came back against the lowly Dolphins, but for most of that game, he played like s*it. Let's see what happens against a real NFL team.

Unfortunately, Fox & Elway are stuck with this guy.

WTF were the Chargers doing on that final drive? You expect more from a veteran QB and coach.

Senex Iunior
Of course, he denies it, but I hear from Phillie fans (granted, not the most reliable source) that he was always like that, never taking responsibility for himself and occasionally throwing other players under the bus.

You need to stop paying attention to Terrell Owens. tounge.gif

Donovan McNabb the Golden Eagle will always remain on my top ten favorite QB list; Donovan McNabb the Benched Redskin/Viking Quarterback will not. Two completely different people. I've never seen such heart out of a man throwing to the worst WR's the NFL has ever had on a single team in the most bland West Coast Offense as possible (2003), even after Bill Walsh admitted the West Coast was the most bland offense in football in the Nineties.

(Andy Reid is an asshole who at best rode on McNabb's coattails. His method of defense? Bland 4-3 blitzblitzblitz. This is also the same man that told McNabb to stay in the pocket against a young Nickel and Dime Pats' D. And wouldn't you know it, look how the Eagles are doing after such a "great" offseason...)

Scifen

The new boiling point is 62 debrees ;

Ooooooooooooo

Brees 31/35, 5 TD's

I knew the Colt's were bad but I thought the defense would have atleast brought something to the Superdome last night.

GTA3Rockstar
The new boiling point is 62 debrees ;

Ooooooooooooo

Brees 31/35, 5 TD's

I knew the Colt's were bad but I thought the defense would have atleast brought something to the Superdome last night.

Too bad I have Brees on the other fantasy team. Him and Rodgers lit it up this week.

I guess the people wished they had an artist in Indiana, but they've been stuck with a Painter. sly.gif

Jonesizzle

I'm amazed at all these knucklehead fans still buying into the Tim 'Messiah' Tebow hype. He's a good football player but a horrible QB. Yeah, he came back against the lowly Dolphins, but for most of that game, he played like s*it. Let's see what happens against a real NFL team.

What Tebow did was never done in the NFL, ever! So at least give the dude props, damn. I'm aware it was the Dolphins, but the Dolphins had Broncos stopped for only the first 57 minutes of this game (as in Time of Possession). Tebow managed to drive his team, and score 15 points in the final three minutes of the fourth.

Lost by three points this week.. tragic.

Pagelzilla

I don't really care about the drama behind Tebow, so looking at that game from an unbiased perspective it's easy to see how awesome that two minute rally was.

Week 7: Tebow > Flacco

King Kapone

What Tebow did was never done in the NFL, ever! So at least give the dude props, damn. I'm aware it was the Dolphins, but the Dolphins had Broncos stopped for only the first 57 minutes of this game (as in Time of Possession). Tebow managed to drive his team, and score 15 points in the final three minutes of the fourth.

There has never been a late 4th-quarter comeback?

What Tebow did was amazing, yes, but hardly something that hasn't been done before. Many, many teams have scored multiple touchdowns in the last few minutes. In fact, maybe around 2003, Washington scored two touchdowns in under 30 seconds to win late on Sunday/Monday night football.

Remember last year when Philly dropped 28 points in the final 7 minutes on New York? colgate.gif It happens.

Jonesizzle

There has never been a late 4th-quarter comeback?

What Tebow did was amazing, yes, but hardly something that hasn't been done before. Many, many teams have scored multiple touchdowns in the last few minutes. In fact, maybe around 2003, Washington scored two touchdowns in under 30 seconds to win late on Sunday/Monday night football.

Remember last year when Philly dropped 28 points in the final 7 minutes on New York? colgate.gif It happens.

What he did was never done in the NFL. A team never had a 15 deficit with three minutes left in the fourth quarter, only to come back, tie it up and win it in OT. Hasn't been done in the NFL, at all. I'm fully aware of plenty of fourth quarter comebacks, but this one is close to being on top.

Xboxless

2nd place boy!!!! I have a feeling I am going to keep dominating.

Funktipus

Lost by three points this week.. tragic.

Broncos have the Lions, Jets, Bears, Patriots and Bills on their schedule. If The Messiah can do his thing against those teams, I'll give him his due.

A must-win for the Giants at home against the lowly Dolphins. After this week, their schedule is BRUTAL;

at Patriots

at 49ers

EAGLES

at Saints

PACKERS

at Cowboys

REDSKINS

at Jets

COWBOYS

Yeesh! The good thing is, none of the other NFC East teams are setting the world on fire. Nine or ten wins might clinch the division.

AmyJones

I know its a ways off. Predictions on the score of the colts vs. patriots game?

mines IND = 3 NE = 80

Senex Iunior

52-10 (NE), and that'll be with BJ-GE getting forty carries.

Slamman

What a helluva tight game here, if only they could all be as captivating, eh?!!

GO VIKES!!!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/gameTrax?gameId=20111030029

W O N !!!

by 3 points, Kick arse! Not dominating, but the team is showing a lot of progress with Ponder in there, and Percy Harvin

Baltimore Ravens also win a rather neck and neck game, Kudos to them

Edited by Slamman

Scifen

BS performance by Drew Brees